fit recipes

Options
stoyanov
stoyanov Posts: 16 Member
guys, let's have a recipe thread here, so everyone can share ideas for delicious food that fits our macros and is easy to make.
I'll start with tuna patties, but I have a couple more if you're interested.

I actually just added this to mfp recipes, but I have no idea how to share it, so I'll just copy paste.

kcals: 345
carbs: 17
fat: 10
protein: 52
fiber: 4
High protein to kcal ratio and some decent amount of fiber. I think mfp might be overestimating the protein a bit, but not sure.

Ingredients:
a can of tuna light, drained
one large egg
about 25 grams of oat bran or similar
whatever else you want to add - any spices you like, green onions, shallots or other veggies, etc. Just use your imagination.

Directions:
First you prepare your frying pan. Use the same setting you use for fried or scrambled eggs and add a little oil or butter.
Then you just add everything in a big bowl and stir until it's mixed well. Make sure to drain the water from the tuna or the mixture will be too wet and won't keep it's shape when you fry it - it still tastes the same, but doesn't look as good.
By this time the frying pan must be ready, so you just make a couple of patties from the mixture and fry them. I tend to use my hands for this as it's easier to shape them. They need just a couple of minutes, because the egg is the only part that's actually raw.

Replies

• holidayhawk
    Options
    2 lb Chobani Plain Non-fat Greek yogurt

1 nice sized squirt of MiO liquid water enhance

Mix and enjoy

~560 calories, 92g protein, 36g carbs, 0g fat
  • jmccarthy22
    Options
    This **** is god tier

Low-Cal/Carb Cheesecake

Ingredients:

2 lbs no fat cream cheese
    4 whole large eggs
    1 tsp vanilla extract
    1 tablespoon cinnamon
    4 oz (1/2 cup) low carb no fat milk
    1 cup cooking splenda (sucralose)
    5 oz blueberries (not using the blueberries will make this treat under 100 cal and it is till very tasty)

Directions:

Preheat oven to 350 degrees
    Using No Fat cooking spray, spray 9" pie pan
    Mix ingredients (except blueberries) together using an electric blender in a large bowl
    Fold in blueberries
    Pour mix into pre-greased pan

Heat at 350 degrees for 40-50 minutes
    Remove from oven and place in refrigerator

You must let this sit at least 4-5 hours in the fridge if you want a decent cheesecake.

Macronutrient Totals (per slice):
    Calories: 101
    Protein: 20g
    Carbohydrates: 6g
    Fat: 2.25g
    Chocolate or vanilla protein powder can be added to the mix for flavor and more protein if desired.
  • holidayhawk
    Options
    1-2 packets Quaker instant oatmeal

1/3 cup instant dry milk

Enough hot water to dissolve the dry milk completely

Mix and enjoy

210-340 cal, 39-66g carbs, 2-4g fat, 11-14g protein

Great for a bulking snack
  • stoyanov
    Options
    2 lb Chobani Plain Non-fat Greek yogurt

Greek yogurt is my favorite, man! One can make so many cool desserts with it and some protein powder. When I want a sweet protein snack, I'll often just mix one scoop of protein powder with 100-200 grams of yogurt. It's like chocolate muss with 40+ grams of protein. And then you can add all kinds of nuts, fruits, etc. depending on what macros you are aiming for. It's great!
  • stoyanov
    Options
    The Low-Cal/Carb Cheesecake definitely sounds good, I'm gonna try this next time I want a dessert
  • fitizengainz
    fitizengainz Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    This sandwich has probably been what's kept me going for months on end.

Really easy to prepare too.

Peanut butter and chicken sandwich

Ingredients:

bread (any that you prefer)
    peanut butter (Personally I use 100% unsalted peanut butter but anything works to be honest)
    thin chicken breast slices (about two of them)

Directions:

get the bread, put peanut butter on both sides put the chicken on and if you want it to only taste like a pb and j sandwich, put some jam or jelly on it.

Macronutrient Totals (per slice):
    Calories: 380
    Protein: 22g
    Carbohydrates: 31g
    Fat: 19g

probably one of my favorite foods for bulking. Has helped in the months being really easy to make, cheap and oddly enough tasty
  • holidayhawk
    Options

Sounds so crazy it might just work.
  • Scoobeus
    Options
    Not a recipe, but a good trick for the bulkers.

Have a tough time eating your rolled oats?

Don't cook them. Equal parts oats to milk. It's like cereal. I was able to eat 8 cups of oats this way in one sitting, just to see if I could. When I used to cook them I would have trouble getting down one cup.
  • xxbassxx
    Options
    Somewhat of a dirty bulking utility for people without a high level of meal frequency and aren't worrying too much about watching macro nutrients or people on a cut.

Inspired by a post already on /fit/, modified it as to how I see fit...

A little annoying getting all the ingredients unless you stuck up and preserve them first, not the cleanest food but anyways it'll do depending on what your goal is.

http://i.imgur.com/gTeeXdU.jpg
  • KloLuk
    KloLuk Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Not sure the Macros on this, but its been sitting in a folder on my PC for a while now, and it looks tatsy. If anyone makes it let me know, you could use MyFitnessPal's recipe feature to find out the Macros.

They look like no bake cookies but apparently you do bake them.
    http://i.imgur.com/SjAHaSE.png
  • holidayhawk
    Options
    Not sure the Macros on this, but its been sitting in a folder on my PC for a while now, and it looks tatsy. If anyone makes it let me know, you could use MyFitnessPal's recipe feature to find out the Macros.

They look like no bake cookies but apparently you do bake them.
    http://i.imgur.com/SjAHaSE.png

http://www.wolframalpha.com/input/?i=1+cup+oats,+.5+cup+splenda,+.25+teaspoon+cinnamon,+.5+cup+cottage+cheese,+2+eggs,+.25+teaspoon+baking+soda,+1/8+teaspoon+baking+powder,+1/2+teaspoon+vanilla
  • falcynn
    falcynn Posts: 5
    Options

Sounds so crazy it might just work.
    You can actually make a sauce with the peanut butter, some garlic, a little soy sauce, and chillies. Then if you make a chicken sandwich with that, it's a sort of thai chicken thing.
  • juskarath
    Options
    If it's possible to attach pictures to posts I'll give you all my infographic recipes.
    :brokenheart: :brokenheart:
  • stoyanov
    Options
    maybe upload to imgur and post a link to the album

btw. here's an imgur album with a lot of fit recipes, but i haven't read most of them, so I don't know if they're any good
    http://imgur.com/a/aW3TN

Looks like you can also use an img tag like, so [-img]link[\img] (without the hyphen(-) just img).
    Ublx0.jpg
  • CipherZero
    CipherZero Posts: 1,418 Member
    Options

I had no idea it could do that!