hello new here

Options
this is my first post ever on this site so bare with me and my mistakes lol....well im doing "atkins" you could say an djust joined this group to motivate each other to meet our goals in weightloss.....i have about 160 pounds i wanna lose....so hopefully there are others like me who have lot to lose or some lol

Replies

• EddieHaskell97
    EddieHaskell97 Posts: 2,227 Member
    Options
    Good afternoon and welcome!

There are indeed a bunch of us who are in the Atkins camp, and many, many more who are doing the low-carb thing. All are welcome, except for the "Paleo people".

Those doing Paleo clearly aren't committed, probably can't even count to ten, and they simply aren't welcome. They should go chew on some moss in the nearest cave. While they're trying to discover fire, or figuring out the magic of toilet paper, we'll be winning the low-carb battle comfortably, as modern Atkins men and women.

I'm totally kidding about the Paleo people. Today, I'm just irked at a coworker who's REALLY into Paleo.

In actuality, everyone in this group is very friendly. Many are exceptionally well-versed in Atkins. Everyone is supportive and we learn new things from each other every day. It's really helped me in the two months I've been doing this, and I can't imagine doing the last couple months without the advice in these forums.

Again, welcome!
    ~George (EddieHaskell97)
  • MelMelMiller
    Options
    Welcome to the club! I'm a little over 3 weeks in but I'm enjoying learning about things as i go. I also received my Atkins Essentials book in the mail today so I'm hoping to learn more by reading it too.
  • JaimeLaRae
    JaimeLaRae Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I'm also a new member to this board. Let's do this! :happy:
  • timwhoa
    timwhoa Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the Atkins groups, Such a fun bunch , dropping pounds the easy NO HUNGER WAY!!
  • emmyp18
    emmyp18 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I am on day 14 and so far so good! 8.5 down and I am going to stay on induction for a while. Can I just say I LOVE pork rinds?
  • StephanieE3456
    StephanieE3456 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I've been doing Atkins for 13 months now. i stayed at Induction levels for about 10 months and then started adding more carbs back. My weightloss slowed down, plateau'd, I gained some, lost some but now I'm back to Induction and want to get to goal as quickly as possible. I'm tired of playing around and wasting time.
  • abbyolurin1
    abbyolurin1 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I have been doing Atkins for 1 month. I was eating high protein for several months but not counting carbs yet so Atkins officially for 1 month. I have lost 23 pounds. My goal is to lose a total of 60 pounds so that I can look sexy at the Miami Broward Carnival that's taking place on October 13th, 2013. Wish me luck! Outfit goals below:

4ehn.png