phone apps to track glucose?

Options
Hi all,
Sorry if this has been covered, but I scanned the first four pages and didn't see anything. Do any of you use a phone app for tracking? I have an android and just downloaded glucose buddy. I think it seems like it will be fine, but am wondering if there are others I should look at. I am trying to get myself back on track. I was in denial for years. Added lantus last year and have lowered my A1c from 10 to 8.2, but now really want to get serious. Thanks in advance.
Pat

Replies

• kathyvalliere
    Options
    I looked around and found Glucose Buddy was the best I could find. It's pretty handy, but the graphs leave a lot to be desired. You need a microscope to see them. I'd be interested if anyone else has another app that they like.
  • begleybob
    begleybob Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Instead of a separate phone app, I just added glucose as another measurement to MFP. Results can be entered through the MFP phone app.
  • kathyvalliere
    Options
    Thanks for the tip! Didn't know you could do that.
  • gogo1333
    gogo1333 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Wonderful info, but is there a way to enter blood sugars without the phone app.? I'm getting dizzy searching for an app on MFP site! Thanks for the post ... very helpful.
  • bdubya55
    bdubya55 Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    Not currently using a phone app. I'm using the note section on my daily food diary to track my readings along with my mealtime insulin doses as a reminder of the amount dosed and time, It's especially helpful to me as apposed to writing it down somewhere else.
  • maryhitt
    maryhitt Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Good article on Android and iPhone diabetes apps:
    http://www.healthline.com/health-slideshow/top-iphone-android-apps-diabetes

I use OnTrack. It's an Android app. Easy and free.
  • dmorre84
    dmorre84 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi. I am currently using "Accu-Chek 360" app to record my blood glucose. I have used my glucose buddy in the past, but i like the accu-chek app better.
  • bdubya55
    Options
    Good article on Android and iPhone diabetes apps:
    http://www.healthline.com/health-slideshow/top-iphone-android-apps-diabetes

I use OnTrack. It's an Android app. Easy and free.

maryhitt, thanks for providing these very informative app articles on healthline. After reviewing the various options available for my android I came away with the intention of downloading the OnTrack App based on your endorsement along with the other reviews I've researched online.

I'm curious to know what your installation experience was, along with the initial set-up process as to ease of use and your overall experience since your last post. Did you download your app from the google app store? or from the OnTrack site itself? I'm a little apprehensive downloading from google apps as this would be my first experience downloading an app to my phone.

Any additional comments you could offer on your experience is appreciated.

Thanks!
  • BigG59
    BigG59 Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    I use one by IBGstar. Mine is for Phone but I am sure there must be an Android version too.

You can enter BG, Carbs at last meal plus any insulin.

You can get various averages and email a spreadsheet of results.

Its free and I've used it for about 6 months.
  • maryhitt
    maryhitt Posts: 13 Member
    Options

I'm curious to know what your installation experience was, along with the initial set-up process as to ease of use and your overall experience since your last post. Did you download your app from the google app store? or from the OnTrack site itself? I'm a little apprehensive downloading from google apps as this would be my first experience downloading an app to my phone.

Thanks!

I had no problems installing or setting it up. I downloaded it from the Google app store. It is free, but you can donate to support the app development through PayPal.

Once you have downloaded it and hit the "install" button in the app store, it will install itself. Once you open the app, you will see a screen with various buttons, one of which is Settings. Choose this to choose your measurements (e.g., metric vs . US) and you are ready to go.

I chose to customize my app by adding two categories: Weight and AM Fasting. You do this by using the Tools button. I don't use insulin so I don't bother tracking my medications, but that option is there. You can also track your number of carbs consumed, and minutes of exercise.

If you have questions, you can choose HELP and you will be taken to the developer's website.
  • bdubya55
    Options
    I use one by IBGstar. Mine is for Phone but I am sure there must be an Android version too.

You can enter BG, Carbs at last meal plus any insulin.

You can get various averages and email a spreadsheet of results.

Its free and I've used it for about 6 months.

Thanks for your recommendation BigG!,...I'll check out
  • bdubya55
    Options

Thanks!

I had no problems installing or setting it up. I downloaded it from the Google app store. It is free, but you can donate to support the app development through PayPal.

Once you have downloaded it and hit the "install" button in the app store, it will install itself. Once you open the app, you will see a screen with various buttons, one of which is Settings. Choose this to choose your measurements (e.g., metric vs . US) and you are ready to go.

I chose to customize my app by adding two categories: Weight and AM Fasting. You do this by using the Tools button. I don't use insulin so I don't bother tracking my medications, but that option is there. You can also track your number of carbs consumed, and minutes of exercise.

If you have questions, you can choose HELP and you will be taken to the developer's website.

Thanks for your response maryhitt!, I appreciate the additional info. Time to teach myself (this old dog) new tricks as I'm nearing the end of my log book and don't want to keep written records any longer.

Thanks everyone for your help!
  • begleybob
    begleybob Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I didn't want another app for tracking glucose, so I just added it to MFP. Since I have MFP app on my phone, I can update weight and glucose from my phone. I added the glucose measurement by going into www.myfitnesspal.com (instead of the app) and going to My Home>Check-In and then clicking on the link to add another measurement.