Introductions

Options
2»

Replies

• 2dayirunforme
    2dayirunforme Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    I exercise in the morning of my fast days but just some simple body weight stuff and yoga poses. I exercise with Tabata intervals on my home exercise bike the morning after my fasting days and then I don't break my fast until another hour has gone by. My energy levels have always tended to be low, but I think IF helps with this because so much energy is no longer diverted to digesting all the time. Still, I don't do extremely strenuous workouts, often just a 30 minute walk or a leisurely bike ride. My friend who introduced me to IF runs 4 miles on one of her fast days and she says it can be hard and she gets hungry but she is sticking with it. So far I have fasted 3 days each week (MWF) but I am open to 5:2 or even a 6:1 as I get closer to my goal. I'm not sure what my goal is but something like 25 lbs from where I am now.

Thank you, and very interesting, I'm going to give a 24hr fast a try.
  • Tinkerbell1010
    Tinkerbell1010 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Hi All

I'm Sandi, started my journey a little over a year ago. Began at 179.9 and currently 146.4 Began IF last month and lost about 5 pounds, then moved, took a vacation and fell out routine and now I'm back to get rid of these pesky last pounds to reach my goal of 135.
  • LaChicaKmart
    LaChicaKmart Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Welcome Sandi!
    This is a great group of ladies, no pressure, just support! We look forward to following your progress!
    -V
  • WhataBroad
    WhataBroad Posts: 1,091 Member
    Options
    Hello ladies!! The last post I saw in this topic was from last summer so I hope there is activity in this group!

I have been doing the 16:8 protocol for about a year now, I find it easy to maintain, even during the holidays =) Recently, I have been doing a 20 hr fast a couple times a week and the extra couple hours seem to whiz by as long as I keep myself busy!, lol

I have also become a fan of Sara Solomon, although she can be a bit obnoxious at times, who used to be a figure competitor and talks to keeping your metabolism healthy while trying to cut fat.

I also welcome friend requests from other IF believers. =)
  • brisingr86
    brisingr86 Posts: 1,789 Member
    Options
    Hi,

Not sure if this group is still active. I've been at a plateau for a few months and thought IF might be a way to change things up enough to get the scale moving in the right direction again. I've been overly restrictive for the first few days, but after doing more research hoping to settle in to a 16:8 and maybe throw a few 24 hours in once in a while if I have a high cal day for special occasions. I've seen some on women only being advised to do 14:10 vs. a 16:8 to avoid hormonal disruption consequences. Anyone with experience in support or no problems on the 16:8?