Day1... 30 day shred

Options

Replies

• ryanndavignon
    ryanndavignon Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I just did my first day of the 30ds today as well. And it was hard! I have to admit that I did stop a few times, but never more than 10 seconds. I can feel that I am going to be sore already. Picking my 2 year old daughter up to give her a hug and a kiss goodnight seemed to be a chore (my arms aren't quite cooperating with me right now). My legs aren't so bad right now, but I have been doing the 30day squat challenge and am on day 7, so it wasn't so bad on that end. I know I'm going to just LOVE my workout tomorrow when I'm even more sore!

Besides the 30ds, I have been going to the gym 3 days a week and just doing cardio. I'm looking into starting strength training as that seems to be what everyone says is best to do while your losing weight and not after. I'm keeping to a 1200 calorie a day diet, plus I most of the time eat back what I have worked off.

My Stats:

Starting weight: 188
    Chest: 40in (overboob)
    Waist: 38.5in
    Hips: 47in (
    Thighs:24.5in
    Arms: 13.5in

I am defiantly what you would call a pear shape. My biggest issues are in my hips, waist, butt, and thighs. I'm hoping by doing the 30ds that these numbers will shrink!

Good Luck Everyone! I can't wait to see the all the progress we WILL be making!
  • stahlhaus
    stahlhaus Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Did Day 1 today, and while I had multiple technical difficulties (DVD with TV wouldn't play, so I did it with my laptop), I feel pretty good. I was seriously winded on the kickbacks and some of the jumping jacks, and I'm really bad at pushups. But I have to believe that if I push through I will get better. Seriously...that one is based on blind faith. If I didn't join this group, I might have given up with the DVD issue!

It's amazing how tired I got in the first 8 minutes, and I thought it would never end. And it's only 20 minutes total, for God's sake! I have really gotten flabby and weak! Here are my measurements to start:

Wt: 172.8 (5'8" tall)
    Bust: 43
    Waist: 37
    Hips: 43
    Thigh: 24 & 24.5

Day 2 -- here I come!
  • ProgressNotPerfection32
    ProgressNotPerfection32 Posts: 1,155 Member
    Options
    Did Day 1 today, and while I had multiple technical difficulties (DVD with TV wouldn't play, so I did it with my laptop), I feel pretty good. I was seriously winded on the kickbacks and some of the jumping jacks, and I'm really bad at pushups. But I have to believe that if I push through I will get better. Seriously...that one is based on blind faith. If I didn't join this group, I might have given up with the DVD issue!

It's amazing how tired I got in the first 8 minutes, and I thought it would never end. And it's only 20 minutes total, for God's sake! I have really gotten flabby and weak! Here are my measurements to start:

Wt: 172.8 (5'8" tall)
    Bust: 43
    Waist: 37
    Hips: 43
    Thigh: 24 & 24.5

Day 2 -- here I come!

I'm glad you finished!! I did day 4 tonight and I still don't have the stamina to complete the entire thing without stopping! Be prepared to be really sore tomorrow ????
  • GlitterMamma11
    GlitterMamma11 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    My Friend and I are starting it Thursday too! Can't wait!
    Options
    Yay!! Welcome to our little piece of MFP! Good luck! Don't get discouraged!
  • bmlubin
    bmlubin Posts: 10
    Options
    I started 30DS yesterday. I did it back in April and lost a few inches but didn't see the weight loss I was looking for. So I'm going for it again. I'll be measuring and weighing today. I'm exciting to see this weight gone!
    Options
    Remember, you may not drop pounds but you will drop inches. I always go by inches before pounds! Good luck!
  • tracym22
    tracym22 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    So Day 3! Did 30DS this morning. I didn't think to measure my thigh till i saw someone else had.
    So :

Right thigh : 23.5in

and i'm 5ft 7"
    Options
    So Day 3! Did 30DS this morning. I didn't think to measure my thigh till i saw someone else had.
    So :

Right thigh : 23.5in

and i'm 5ft 7"

I'm 5'7" too!!
  • pennystextiles
    pennystextiles Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    me too...... plus a half maybe!
  • mrshallewell
    mrshallewell Posts: 318
    Options
    and the half always counts :wink:
  • SaberEsPoder
    SaberEsPoder Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    My fitness assessment at the gym is tonight, so I start tomorrow...nervous but also excited!
  • Swesat
    Swesat Posts: 18
    Options
    Did day 1 today. Wow that was hard. I was so tired that I stopped about five times, but hopefully each time I do it I'll stop less often.
    I struggled most with the side lunges. Perhaps I wasn't doing them properly as it felt like more of a stretch than anything. Oh and gosh the knot in my stomach during the ab exercises!
    Options
    Did day 1 today. Wow that was hard. I was so tired that I stopped about five times, but hopefully each time I do it I'll stop less often.
    I struggled most with the side lunges. Perhaps I wasn't doing them properly as it felt like more of a stretch than anything. Oh and gosh the knot in my stomach during the ab exercises!

Make sure your butt is going back on the side lunges, that's key. If you are just leaning to the side you won't feel much.

I still have to stop during cardio, mainly butt kicks and jump rope. I'm doing day 6 tonight. It DOES get easier!!!!!
  • Swesat
    Swesat Posts: 18
    Options

Make sure your butt is going back on the side lunges, that's key. If you are just leaning to the side you won't feel much.

I still have to stop during cardio, mainly butt kicks and jump rope. I'm doing day 6 tonight. It DOES get easier!!!!!

Ok thanks. I'll definitely try that tomorrow.
  • ChynaMartin
    ChynaMartin Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I didn't do measurements but Im 5'5" and 158. I started this morning and thought I was going to die (And I thought I was in better shape!!)

I hope this works to tone me up... good luck everyone!!!
  • ablordpa
    Options
    So...total fail, I didn't start today, but I will tomorrow!
  • j3bean
    j3bean Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    see next post
  • j3bean
    j3bean Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    same here i think, thinking though maybe 30 days of each level, then i can properly get into it before stepping up as totally unfit at the moment. i have a lot to tone and plenty of time off so its not much bother to me. but i need to get a proper sports bra as my boobs were bouncing around ever where, so was my stomach but i cant do much about that.

Wear 2 bras like Jillian is in Level 1- really helps with the bounce (especially for larger chests).
    Options
    We all think we will die!!! Welcome to our little corner of MFP. good luck!!