How much have you lost on Atkins?

Options
emmyp18
emmyp18 Posts: 28 Member
:happy: Hi All!
How much have you lost on Atkins? How long did it take you? Just curious of everones different experiences.

Replies

• milosmom1979
    milosmom1979 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I've been on Atkins since may 13th, 2013 and ive almost lost 53 lbs! Its really not that hard, you just have to learn to say no!! plus, it helps that if you eat something bad, you get really sick... (at least I do!)
  • EddieHaskell97
    EddieHaskell97 Posts: 2,227 Member
    Options
    I started Atkins June 3rd, so I'm at a little less than two months and have lost 36 lbs.

My exercise routine was interrupted for about two weeks during that time due to surgery, and later an accident. I stuck with the ketosis portion the whole way through. I think I'd be at over 40 lost if hadn't been banned from my workouts for those two weeks.

Quite simply, Atkins works.
  • ProgressNotPerfection32
    ProgressNotPerfection32 Posts: 1,155 Member
    Options
    I've been doing atkins for 2 years and have lost 65 pounds at most. I'm currently at 60 lost. I have had bouts of cheating and getting off track, but always returned to it. It works. I love it.
  • bigred01
    bigred01 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Before getting pregnant with my third child, I lost 85 lbs. on Atkins. This round, I have been on Atkins for one month and lost 9 lbs. I only have 14 more to lose, so I won't see huge numbers this time. It is a good diet if you do it right and choose veggies for your carbs. Towards the end you have to add back good carbs slowly...otherwise you will get off track.
  • emmyp18
    Options
    I've been on Atkins since may 13th, 2013 and ive almost lost 53 lbs! Its really not that hard, you just have to learn to say no!! plus, it helps that if you eat something bad, you get really sick... (at least I do!)

That is incredible! I am hoping to reach my goal weight by the end of the year which is a 75 lb loss in 5 months. I hope it is doable!! :happy:
  • emmyp18
    Options
    I started Atkins June 3rd, so I'm at a little less than two months and have lost 36 lbs.

My exercise routine was interrupted for about two weeks during that time due to surgery, and later an accident. I stuck with the ketosis portion the whole way through. I think I'd be at over 40 lost if hadn't been banned from my workouts for those two weeks.

Quite simply, Atkins works.

I am so glad to hear people who like Atkins instead of bashing it! I have struggled with my workouts this week. I normally do zumba, body combat and body pump but I am sssoooo tired! I hope that changes so I can get back into that. What do you eat as a pre workout snack?
  • emmyp18
    Options
    I've been doing atkins for 2 years and have lost 65 pounds at most. I'm currently at 60 lost. I have had bouts of cheating and getting off track, but always returned to it. It works. I love it.
    That is awesome and you look great!!
  • emmyp18
    Options
    Before getting pregnant with my third child, I lost 85 lbs. on Atkins. This round, I have been on Atkins for one month and lost 9 lbs. I only have 14 more to lose, so I won't see huge numbers this time. It is a good diet if you do it right and choose veggies for your carbs. Towards the end you have to add back good carbs slowly...otherwise you will get off track.

Wow! My goal is to get some if not most of what I want to lose off before I get pregnant with Baby #2! I was 220-245 with my first baby. I want to be healthier! How long did it take you to lose that 85 lbs?
  • EddieHaskell97
    Options
    I am so glad to hear people who like Atkins instead of bashing it! I have struggled with my workouts this week. I normally do zumba, body combat and body pump but I am sssoooo tired! I hope that changes so I can get back into that. What do you eat as a pre workout snack?

I'm sorry to read about the fatigue you are experiencing. I don't know how far along you are in ketosis, but my first week was pretty rough and I was tired all..the..time. Midway into week two things got better, and by the end of it I had more energy than I'd felt in years!

It sounds like you've got a pretty killer workout routine established, and that meshes nicely with Atkins!

For pre-workout, if I eat anything it's usually a slice or two of shaved chicken breast, or a "Babybel" mini cheese-round, and I drink half a bottle of ranch dressing! (Kidding about the dressing part...)

Welcome, welcome, and best of luck and support to you!
  • emmyp18
    Options
    Thanks! I am on day 4 so sounds like my fatigue is normal ;-) Thanks for the pre workout snack tip! lol I dont think I could keep down a bottle of ranch dressing!
  • MelMelMiller
    Options
    I've been on Atkins for 3weeks and 2 days and I've lost 7lbs so far. Good luck!
  • bigred01
    bigred01 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    about 18 months all together
  • milosmom1979
    milosmom1979 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    me too!!! I'd Love to be at 75lbs lost by october 1st, and by may of next year be at 150 lbs!!!!
  • abbyolurin1
    abbyolurin1 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    I have only lost 8 pounds but I realized that I wasn't consistent enough with my 20 net carb intake when I reviewed my report yesterday. It felt like I was and only messed up a few times but based on the report, I hardly ever hit the mark. I recently joined (2 weeks) planet fitness and I do 30 minutes of cardio and approximately an hour of strength training. Hopefully my results will begin to increase.

I did Atkins in 8th grade and lost 30 pounds. I'm trying to lose close to 50 lbs by October for the Miami Carnival.

Here's my carb report. Never attached an image so i'm hoping it will work...

bc6r.jpg
  • emmyp18
    Options
    So after the first full week I am down 6.5 lbs. Is that good? I hope it continues to come off like this! :happy:
  • EddieHaskell97
    Options
    That's an outstanding number! Congratulations!
  • emmyp18
    Options
    Thank you!!!
  • msjames1999
    msjames1999 Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    I have been on Atkins since Apirl 1, 2013. I have lost 53 pounds.
  • timwhoa
    timwhoa Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    I am now down 62 pounds in 3 months, going very well right now
  • StephanieE3456
    StephanieE3456 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I've been at it since July 2012. I'm down 85 lbs but had a couple of months of stalls and just not being as good as could have been. I'm back to Induction now and hope to get these last 18 lbs off quickly. I want to get to goal!