New to group and Advocare

Options
CBales_05
CBales_05 Posts: 19 Member
Hello! I hope you all don't mind me joining! I am on Day 2 today with my cleanse. I will not lie, I really love my dairy so this is a real challenge for me. :) Friends of mine (a husband and wife) have been using Advocare since March. He has lost 30 pounds so far and she has lost about 15 (she doesn't have a lot to lose). They convinced me to try. I am using the 24DC as my jump start. I have struggled with my weight for years, but I really would like to lose it for good!
I would like any help, motivation, accountabilty, kick in the butt that can be offered. I'd like to be able to stay on track and get myself more healthy and lose weight!

Replies

• PinkNinjaLaura
    PinkNinjaLaura Posts: 3,202 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the group! In about 2 days you are going to start feeling amazing. I was worried about giving up dairy too but honestly after I got past those first few days it was fine. In fact I avoided dairy (except Greek yogurt) for the full 24 days because I was feeling so good.
  • CBales_05
    CBales_05 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much! I need all the help I can get! I am keeping this a secret from my husband. He knows I've struggled a lot with my weight. He trys to be supportive, but he's not really in 'the same boat'. He has weight to lose, but he doesn't seem to want to as much as I do. He doesn't agree on the price even though he has seen his friend lose 30 pounds.
    I'd love to see this start up with loss again!
  • PinkNinjaLaura
    Options
    Shortly after I finished a friend of mine did it. She has been doing NutriSystem for years and was plateaued for two months. This got the scale moving again for her. She ended up cancelling her NS and switching to AC. It is expensive. You're establishing a lot of good habits though which you can carry forward with you after the challenge is over.
  • girlvsplanet
    girlvsplanet Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I am on Day 1 today! So far I am just excited about the program. I have tried for years to lose weight, and I just seem to be really bad at it. The distributor I got my AdvoCare products from has lost 100 lbs on it. I think that knowing exactly what to eat will help me, along with having more energy. We'll see if my excitement holds out and if I see any progress. ;)
  • PinkNinjaLaura
    Options
    I am on Day 1 today! So far I am just excited about the program. I have tried for years to lose weight, and I just seem to be really bad at it. The distributor I got my AdvoCare products from has lost 100 lbs on it. I think that knowing exactly what to eat will help me, along with having more energy. We'll see if my excitement holds out and if I see any progress. ;)

Good luck! The first few days might be tough but follow the plan and use the products and I promise in a few days you're going to start feeling amazing.
  • Littlered9
    Options
    Hi there! I am new to Advocare. I tried posting this in 2 different locations, but getting no response. Can you help? :smile:

Currently doing the Advocare 10 day cleanse. Wondering if I could only purchase 1 more product (due to finances at the time), which one is best for overall weight loss help? Either Catalyst or Thermoplus? And...why? Thanks in advance!!!
  • jsingley899
    jsingley899 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Hi!

Sorry for the lack of response, for some reason I can't see community messages on the mobile version of MFP which is the one I use the most. Honestly, I really love the thermoplus in conjunction with the catalyst, but if you could only get one, it would really depend on what your goals are. For me the thermoplus seems to help in kick starting my metabolism which is great, and the catalyst seems to provide extra energy throughout the day and help with muscle toning. I haven't always been the best with strength training, so I haven't seen the catalyst tone too much, but that is my fault for putting off strength training so long. Honestly, find out what works for you, many people will customize their Advocare products to meet their own personal goals/desires. Good luck! :)

Jerri
  • jsingley899
    Options
    Hi and welcome!

Sorry this is months late in welcoming you! I can't see the community messages on my mobile app of MFP so sometimes I miss seeing new posts! How did your challenge go? Feel free to friend me if you like, I can see my friends post on my home screen of my app and can follow along easier that way. Can't wait to hear about your results! :)

Jerri
  • tavenne323
    tavenne323 Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    I am almost a year in using Advocare. I also started with the 24DC to jump start everything. Feel free to add me and/or send a message with any questions. I still take a handful of products regularly and have tried a few others.
  • jsingley899
    Options
    Welcome to the group!! :)
  • imextami
    imextami Posts: 5
    Options
    Hi, my name is Tami, just started the 24 day challenge on Monday, so far so good on the eating, however I did have a pretty massive headache last night, I love not wanting coffee or diet coke! That is huge!!!! So far I have not missed my cheese but time will tell. Not missing white bread either so far. I need to stay focused, I have not followed through on anything like this, come on now 24 days is not bad and I am already on day 3 right? I need support for sure but am also very excited! Thanks for listening and good luck!
  • jsingley899
    Options
    Hi Tami!!

So sorry it took me so long to get back to you, I wish I could see the community section on the mobile app of MFP! How did your challenge go? I found that for me personally, I had to identify the foods that I liked, and then figure out a way to get a healthier version of what I wanted so I could stick with it long term. That way, I never felt like I was depriving myself. I have used substitutions a lot in my diet and it has helped tremendously!