How was your day today?

Options
I'm thinking I'd like a place to talk about this challenge ... what I did to help achieve the 10 lb goal ... how I'm feeling ... etc. Hoping the rest of this group might appreciate a place to come talk about stuff too. We can inspire and encourage each other.

Today was day one, managed to stay on track. Went to visit my naturopath today to get some help with my energy level and thinking. She's started me on some B's and Omega's. I'm sure a clearer mind and energized body will help with this quest.

Hope you all had a great first day too.

Replies

• Daz49ers
    Daz49ers Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Yeah all good, because of this group I seem so focused, hope everyone is okay and had a decent start
  • DanaReaser
    DanaReaser Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Started with this website last Wednesday, I've been walking everyday for 30 min and dropped my caloric intake to 1200/day. I've really been sticking with inputting EVERYTHING I'm eating and drinking, which has really helped me stick to the 1200/day goal. When I push that button at the end of the day - and see where I could be in 5 weeks - is awesome!!! I am starting to feel hungry though. I'm hoping that will pass, once my body gets used to my diet!!

I do believe if I stick with it - I can hit this 10lb loss goal in the month of August!!! I'm excited at the prospect :)
  • kreationsforhome
    kreationsforhome Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Im feeling excited to be in a August group and I cant wait to drop 10 lbs
  • runninghannah
    runninghannah Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I am excited about being with a group of people. Last night I overate a little on the pasta. It was what we had in the cupboard to cook and I was hungry so I ate it. I really shouldn't have. Tonight I am planning pizza for everyone and a low cal pizza for me.
  • Daz49ers
    Daz49ers Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Started with this website last Wednesday, I've been walking everyday for 30 min and dropped my caloric intake to 1200/day. I've really been sticking with inputting EVERYTHING I'm eating and drinking, which has really helped me stick to the 1200/day goal. When I push that button at the end of the day - and see where I could be in 5 weeks - is awesome!!! I am starting to feel hungry though. I'm hoping that will pass, once my body gets used to my diet!!

I do believe if I stick with it - I can hit this 10lb loss goal in the month of August!!! I'm excited at the prospect :)

If youre hungry and eaten your 1200 cals for the day, ts not massve issue having somthing else to eat, have a bit of fruit or cereal or something, ont starve your body, listen to it & fuel it :)
  • grammiemaggs
    Options
    Hi everyone. It was a pretty good day. I went for a nice walk on my lunch hour today and found geocache. I don't know if any of you are into geocaching but I love it. There is a challenge during August to find a cache a day so I thought "hey, why not try". I've found one for both August days so far and plan to take my grand daughter to Niagara Falls tomorrow to find one. It's good exercise and shows you new places. If you want to check it out go to www.geocaching.com I'm not pushing it on anyone but if you're curious it's there. Well, I'm off to bed now. Talk to you all again tomorrow.
  • Blamber21
    Blamber21 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Always wanted to see Niagra Falls, its on my bucket list :) Doing great so far. Love the accountability. Knowing I have to input what I've eaten at the end of the day has definitely curbed a lot of dumb mistakes I usually make in the run of a day. My start weight was taken about a week ago.. Im already down 3lbs.. I got this ;)
  • DanaReaser
    DanaReaser Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Thanks!!! I will def eat a little something, it's usually in the evenings!!
  • bellalee426
    bellalee426 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    For anyone looking to help keep those hunger pains down, I recently discovered these amazing tasting protein bars that have helped me. QuestBar, they sell them at GNC. They actually taste really good, you should heat them for like 5-10 seconds if you can. Low in sugar, high in protein.
    They are so good last night when I was thinking of what to make for dinner, all I kept thinking about was just eating one of the QuestBars and calling it dinner!

Hope everyone is staying strong!
  • dshird1
    dshird1 Posts: 2
    Options
    I hope everyone is getting off to a good strong start. I am motivated by you all. I have been monitoring consistently everything in mypal since 8/01. I have been sticking to my diet and my exercise routine. Just remember just keep a PMA Positive Mental Attitude and if you fall short one day don't give up just push on . you will get to your results 10 lbs. by 8/31

.just to keep it simple just aim for 2.3 lbs. a week just to give yourself some wiggle room..

GOOD LUCK!!!!

Enjoy your Day and Life!!
  • Rocki_
    Rocki_ Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Thanks!!! I will def eat a little something, it's usually in the evenings!!

Try a glass of almond milk. If you've never tried it, I know it sounds gross, but it is DELICIOUS!! Only 60 calories (or thereabout, depending on the brand) and it's good hot....and REALLY good warmed up! It will satisfy you just like a glass of warm milk when you were a kid! :)

I also always have lots of salad stuff on hand. Cheap on calories, great on bulk!!

Keep it up!!!

Rocki
  • Rocki_
    Rocki_ Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Feeling pretty great up here north of the 49th! So far I seem to be on track and getting back into my exercise routine in spite of the heat. Went on a power walk c/w hills and stairs up and over the tracks today at lunch. Burned 750 cals and felt GREAT! WET, but great!! Tomorrow is another day.... and another chance to kick some major butt!!!

YOU CAN DO THIS!!!