Back again to MFP- New member in group

Options
After a month long hiatus with camping and drinking with college buddies on the lake, I am back to reach my goal of 180. I was very happy to see that when I stopped juicing and IF I was able to maintain my weight and make healthy choices (scary thought). Started at 290+ and have been juicing and intermittent fasting with rec sports (huge soccer fanatic) and cardio and weighed in this AM at 204. My mini goal was 200 and I haven't been this size since high school.

Had a a couple of questions for you guys.
1. When did you start strength training?
2. Any exercises that will target man boobs?

SW:290
CW:204
GW:180
6'2" 23 years young

43446610.png
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Replies

• KevinS62
    KevinS62 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Good job on losing 86 pounds!
    Had a a couple of questions for you guys.
    1. When did you start strength training?
    2. Any exercises that will target man boobs?

SW:290
    CW:204
    GW:180
    6'2" 23 years young

Can't help with your questions. Fortunately, I had my "Oh-Hell-No" moment and started doing something about my weight before I needed to go out looking for a bra. Real fortunate. Anyways, I'll look forward to the answer, as my "moobs" could use a little improvement. I'm guessing bench presses, push-ups?
  • Muc730
    Muc730 Posts: 24
    Options
    You can start strength training anytime...I would encourage it as losing weight is great, but losing strength while losing weight sucks. I've been there... As for the man boobs, I find the best excercise is push ups..(lots of them ..examples would be burpie push ups, decline push ups and wide/narrow ones) Push ups suck, but once you get use to doing them...you will notice your man boobs firming up big time..lol

Cheers,
  • loulamb7
    loulamb7 Posts: 801 Member
    Options
    Welcome back. Looks like you've done a great job so far, only 16 lbs to go. I'm 6'2" also, and remember being 180-190 lbs in my college days and most of my twenties.

I started counting calories in mid-June and strength training about a week ago. I use dumbbells (3, 15, and 20 lbs) and this routine on youtube FitnessBlender http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nXDsFQYC3pQ and http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KtGSdSqUTdw

I would think moobs can be helped with chest exercises. If that doesn't work, there's always duct tape. :smile:
  • AllanMisner
    AllanMisner Posts: 4,140 Member
    Options
    Moobs will go with the fat (they might be one of the last to go, but they will). Remember that your legs are the largest muscles in your body. You're going to burn more calories lifting weights with your legs, compound movements, than you would if you just focused on your chest. Come up with a program that focuses on strength training for your whole body and stick to it. Break a sweat every day, and push to get progressively better, stronger, and faster.

Good luck!