Welcome and introductions

Options
Hello ladies!
So happy you're a part of this group :flowerforyou:
The purpose of this group is to get encouragement and give encouragement to other women who are members of the Church of Christ that are trying to serve God and their loved ones by seeking God first and achieving their best, healthiest, strongest body so we can have the energy and strength to shine.
Please introduce yourself. Tell us your goals, your plans for meeting your goals, the challenges you're facing, and the blessings God is giving you along the journey.

Replies

• windhamamanda
    Options
    My name is Amanda. I'm 5ft3in and 154 lbs and I'm tired of feeling out of shape. I'm a preacher's wife, a writer, a homemaker, and I also work at a health food store and help out my mom when she needs it as she recovers from cancer. There's a pretty high level of stress in my life and I'm pretty busy, but then who isn't stressed and busy, lol.
    I also was recently diagnosed with a gluten allergy, low thyroid, and high insulin and put on medicine for my thyroid and insulin. All of that is why I steadily gained around 50 lbs (My high weight was 165 and I'm now down to 154) and felt like I had the flu 24/7 for three years. I'm learning how to eat the right amount of healthy fats and proteins, control my levels and sources of carbohydrates, increase my veggie intake, and stick to a completely gluten free lifestyle. I'm doing HIIT cardio/strength circuits from YouTube videos and some yoga videos I have on DVD. I also like to take long walks with my husband or my mom, since they're my best friends. My goal is to regain my health and once again weigh 115 lbs, which was what I weighed when I got married four years ago. At that weight I look and feel healthy, energetic, and strong enough to handle whatever God asks me to do for the day. I'm looking forward to feeling that way again, and I'm going to try to enjoy the journey.
  • realmilk4me
    realmilk4me Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I'm a member of the church of Christ and a daughter of a church of christ preacher. I have been married for 9 years and due to stress and other factors have gained about 10 pounds a year...It is time to get my weight and life back to where it needs to be.

Glad to be part of this group.
  • marielwin
    Options
    My name is Marie. I am a member of the Church of Christ. I was raised in the church. I just recently joined MFP (like less than 2 weeks ago). I would like to connect with other Christian women for encouragement (both ways) and share God's Word. I am 59 years old, originally from California, but live in Kansas now. I have been married to the same man for 42 years (that should give me a gold star or something). I work as an interpreter for the deaf/hard of hearing in the school district. In the summer my husband and I work at a campground on Milford Lake as custodians. We have 3 children and 7 grandchildren.

My first goal is to lose 37 lbs. MFP gave me 1200 calories a day, and I have been pretty good, so far in staying under, but it is hard because we love to snack. Seeing how many calories I eat has been a good help for me, especially when we eat out.
  • ashleylynn39
    ashleylynn39 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Hi! i'm Ashley, member of Indio church of Christ... love God and trying to get back in shape :) would love to have friends on here who also follow new testament doctrine. love to all you sisters in Christ!