Just bought the book

Options
124»

Replies

• CoozyRoo
    CoozyRoo Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Lost 6 lbs in 7 days! I will take it. On day 8 today and feeling good now, although last Friday I had a slight headache and then Saturday had one of the worst headaches of my life. I normally do not get headaches either. May be the sugar or something else leaving my system. I noticed I was eating to many meat based meals so I have added more salads and beans and soups to my repertoire.

I honeslty thought I would struggle, but this is not too bad. Looking forward to some reintroductions though.
  • CoozyRoo
    Options
    Day 22 is today and I forgot I needed to reintroduce anything this week. Slightly peeved that my cough drops contained soy last week but I'm sure it wasn't too much of it. I should have looked at the ingredients, but I was too sick to care. Which brings me to my question, I am still sick with an aweful cold and sore throat. Should I just postone reintroducing anything until I'm better? I think I should because I don't want to confuse the symptoms of anything, but I'd love a second opinion. Also, should I switch out my soy week for something else since I accidentlaly had some last week? Do you think the order of the reintroduction weeks matter or have any purpose? Thanks
  • GoddessAmy
    GoddessAmy Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Hi, All! CoozyRoo, I would wait until your cold subsides and give it a good week, then reintroduce so you are sure your reactions are to the food and not the cold/cold remedies. I don't think it matters the order of the reintroduction, as long as you follow the program of re-introducing only 1 thing per week. Hope you feel better!
  • GoddessAmy
    Options
    Hi, All! I am back from vacation and only gained a pound, which is impressive since we were at whale camp (that is - marine biology in the north atlantic) and I had no control over the camp menu's so I did the best I could.

We were also in Canada and for the record, except for the large amount of fried foods and lack of low calorie fruit/veggies/salad, it is a truly beautiful, sometimes breathtaking place in New Brunswick and the Bay of Fundy. Inexpensive and lovely very underrated vacation destination in my mind.

But now I am home and back to eliminating the no-no seven for a month and then I will reintroduce as I had just started that process when we left. I'm feeling pretty confident, which has never happened before on a diet. Maybe because I feel better?

I agree with you above on Nuttzo - it's yummy, but the last time I found it cost was $20 - OUCH! I am going to try to make it homemade when I run out - If I am successful I will let you know!

Keep up the good work, everyone!
  • CoozyRoo
    Options
    Welcome back and great job on vacation, that couldn't have been easy to do :)
  • GoddessAmy
    Options
    Looks like you just keep steadily losing, CoozyRoo. That's great!

The longer I stick to this, the easier it is from a food desire stand point. I can look at a pizza and say "Nope, not interested" and most of me believes it now! I'm finding the hardest part is the logistics when eating out - particularly traveling or at work. Nice restaurants will accomodate, but grabbing food on the go at a kid's soccer tournament - it's usually very limited selections and sandwiches...But slowly it's getting better. I think I need to carry an apple with me regularly.

Anyone got any ideas on that?
  • CoozyRoo
    Options
    I have the same problem on the go. Now I make sure to have a variety of things in my purse like raw almonds, cashews, and my new favorite are the Clif Kids Fruit ropes (http://www.clifbar.com/food/products_clif_kid_twisted_fruit/). If all else fails, I chug a bunch of water to tide myself over.
  • dmt9544
    dmt9544 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hi...unfortunately, getting enough calories has not been an issue for me.

Could you add some almond butter once or twice a day (2 Tablespoons is about 190 cal). Great in smoothies, with an apple, celery, or mixed in with dry vanilla protein powder and coconut milk (sort of like cookie dough)!

Also, if you add Chia or Flaxseed to smoothies, it will up your calories and provided excellent healthy fat/fiber.
  • GoddessAmy
    Options
    Nuttzo update - I tried to make it myself using the same 7 nuts. It came out pretty well, but I didn't put any sea salt in, so it was a little bland. Next time I will add a little. Otherwise, it's good but mine seems to have less oil than the purchased, and I don't have the larger chunks - it is smoother, so I'll have to work on technique. That being said, I'm not sure I saved anything on price, as some of the nuts were expensive. I'll have to source more on that.

But overall, with patience and a food processor it can be done, so now I'm looking at making other types of nub butters. I've been having trouble finding Peanut Butter alternatives that don't have sugar!
  • lilbrowngirl
    lilbrowngirl Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Hey All,

Just bought the book this weekend and started this week. Trying to get healthy and just take better care of myself in my thirties. I'm hoping to have a baby in a few years so I'd like to not feel so tired and worn out.

I have to say yesterday I noticed a big difference in how I felt after I ate. I wasn't so slugglish or bloated. The bloating and tummy issues have been a real issue with me. I have mild IBS that gets aggravated with stress.

I can't lie though...I'm really missing my eggs but overall its going well. We'll see how the first week goes :)
  • GoddessAmy
    Options
    Hi Lil Brown,
    Sorry we've all been silent - I've been dealing with kid starting High School. Anyways, hope this is helping you. I started this for a combination of health/weight issues but what's kept me on it is the health effects - I'm feeling much better than I did eating foods that wonked out my immune system. I can't tell how much you lost on the virgin diet v. overall but hopefully you're doing welll!

I missed the eggs at first, but now it doesn't bother me (I've been on since early june). It's amazing how the cravings for certain foods go away after a whiler. I've had a bag of chips on my counter for 2 weeks and finally begged the boys to eat it to get it out of my way, whereas before that baby would have been Looooong gone! It just goes to show that you can change your tastes and yearnings, or at least get them under control.

Keep up the good work!