fitbit friends

Options
Sabine_Stroehm
Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
If anyone in this group is using a fitbit and would like to be "fitbit friends" please message me or post your link. I'd love a few friends in the same boat! cheers!

Replies

• NewSavta
    NewSavta Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Which Fitbit do you use? I am thinking about buying one but would like to hear other people's evaluations before I do.
  • Over50ToBeFit
    Over50ToBeFit Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I am buying one for me and one for my daughter who is my diet buddy. She is 21 and has 70 pounds to lose. I am 51 and have 25 pounds to lose. I am so hoping that it will get me off the couch. :) I would love to hear about them too.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Options
    Which Fitbit do you use? I am thinking about buying one but would like to hear other people's evaluations before I do.
    I have the flex. I've had clip on pedometers before and always lose or wash them (I also wash headphones regularly, sigh).
    The flex is "water resistant" and can be left on in the shower and the pool.

I love it.
  • lindaj5252
    Options
    ok I admit, I don't know what a Fitbit is. Can someone tell me what it is?
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Options
    ok I admit, I don't know what a Fitbit is. Can someone tell me what it is?
    It's a "thing" you wear (connected to your clothes or more recently as a bracelet), that tracks your steps (stairs), sleep. etc. It works with MFP calorie counting and exercise counting to give you a broader picture of your activity level etc.
  • vanessa40
    vanessa40 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    Hi i just sent you a request
    I have the first Fitbit but i am getting the Flex around Labor Day
    I love mine..
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Options
    Hi i just sent you a request
    I have the first Fitbit but i am getting the Flex around Labor Day
    I love mine..
    thanks!
  • issypops
    issypops Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    I'm using the Jawbone up, which I love. I have definitely found it a great help at understanding my calories consumption. I think the calories burnt through MFP can be a little misleading and lull you into thinking you're perhaps more active than you actually are ( well in my case at least) By using one of these trackers you get a much clearer picture of your actual movement and can adjust your food in take accordingly.
  • Mamafred
    Mamafred Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I have the FitBit One and absolutely love it. So far I has narrowly escaped the washer but otherwise no incident. I don't always make you 10K steps a day but find it to be a great motivator, and I need all the motivation I can get. My daughter has the Flex and loves hers too.
  • loriband
    loriband Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Sabine--- you can really wear the flex in the pool?? That's awesome! I have a fitbit one but may need to switch.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Options
    Sabine--- you can really wear the flex in the pool?? That's awesome! I have a fitbit one but may need to switch.
    Yup. Up to 10meters.
    I shower with mine daily.

https://help.fitbit.com/customer/portal/articles/918535-about-the-fitbit-flex