Day 2

Options
rosy003
rosy003 Posts: 251 Member
Did L1 day 2 this morning. I'm using 5 lb weights except for the anterior raises/side lunges- I have to use 2.5 lbs for those. Not sure why those are so much more difficult for me other than it is the last strength exercise. Tomorrow is a lifting day for me, so I'll be back on Wednesday.

Replies

• mrshallewell
    mrshallewell Posts: 318
    Options
    how are you finding it, i just did level 1 day 1 and im dead. it took me 45mins to recover afterwards
  • pennystextiles
    pennystextiles Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Level 1 Day 2 - I have managed both days, got very hot, bothered and sweaty! Hope it's all worth it, my muscles do ache considerably and having to get through the aches from the previous day is more of a challenge. I am using 1.5kg weights and can feel it on my arms. Noticed a lot of water retention too, but from what I gather this is normal after starting a new workout. Good luck to everyone else.
  • ProgressNotPerfection32
    ProgressNotPerfection32 Posts: 1,155 Member
    Options
    I had to switch from 5 lb weights to 3 lb weights on day 1. Hubby had to switch from 8 to 3. Hoping to increase in a few days. I was excited that Day2 was easier than Day1!! May be taking tonight off for hubby to recover. He can barely walk today. :laugh:
  • rosy003
    rosy003 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies. Leaving mfp for a while for personal reasons. Good luck to you!
  • mrshallewell
    mrshallewell Posts: 318
    Options
    ok rosy, hope everything works it self right for you and hope you join us again soon. x:flowerforyou:
  • DoctorHuman
    Options
    Hi all,

Well done on starting the shred. I got to day 6 two weeks ago and then got food poisoning at a bbq. Back on it now that I've recovered. Did Day 1 Level 1 today and it was tough. Definately keeping it up. How many days on and off is everyone having? I was thinking of 6 on and 1 off?
    Options
    That's the debate, I'm doing 5 on 1 off.

Welcome!!! Glad you joined us!
  • SaberEsPoder
    SaberEsPoder Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Funny about the husband :) Trying to get my boyfriend to join in with me, but he refuses to do anything with "shred" in the title XD
  • Swesat
    Swesat Posts: 18
    Options
    Funny about the husband :) Trying to get my boyfriend to join in with me, but he refuses to do anything with "shred" in the title XD

Lol why? I didn't think 'shred' was a feminine term, it is?
  • thankyou4thevenom
    thankyou4thevenom Posts: 1,581 Member
    Options
    Day two for me (although it might be considered day 1). First time I've physically done it and I couldn't do it all the way through without stopping for water. I do the 5/2 with my calories. So eat normally 5 days a week and have only approx 500 cals two of them. Because of this I'm not exercising on my 500 cal days.

I couldn't actually do the front raises (with side lunge) all the way through either. I have quite weak shoulders. Going to keep pushing it though.
    Options
    I don't think any of us can make it all the way them without stopping yet. I'm on day 6 today and doubt I can do it 100%

Good job for starting!!!
  • Swesat
    Swesat Posts: 18
    Options
    Day 2 done. I'm getting better at the cardio bits and can do most of them without stopping but those side lunges are horrible.
    Options
    Day 2 done. I'm getting better at the cardio bits and can do most of them without stopping but those side lunges are horrible.

The cardio kills my calves!! I still stop and I'm on day 6. The side lunges will get easier. Maybe to down 1-2 lbs on weights and see if it helps?
  • stahlhaus
    stahlhaus Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty good with the weights and crunches, but I can't keep up with the jumping jacks or the back kicks, and horrible at the pushups (even modified). I'm more out of shape than I realized. I had to skip yesterday because I was SO sore.

I see people here are sticking with it, and I will do that too. Maybe tomorrow I'll be able to do more than today. I'm hoping so. Amazing how much 20 minutes can kick my butt. I hope to be amazed in 30 days (or so) at how much these 20 minutes helped.

Signed, Hopeful but Sore
  • ChynaMartin
    ChynaMartin Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Oh Jillian! I found myself getting water between sets today and being sore from yesterday. Ive been doing two-a-days with Jillian in the morning and a 60-90 minute walk/run with circuit built in at night. Ready for the inches to disappear.
    Options
    I'm pretty good with the weights and crunches, but I can't keep up with the jumping jacks or the back kicks, and horrible at the pushups (even modified). I'm more out of shape than I realized. I had to skip yesterday because I was SO sore.

I see people here are sticking with it, and I will do that too. Maybe tomorrow I'll be able to do more than today. I'm hoping so. Amazing how much 20 minutes can kick my butt. I hope to be amazed in 30 days (or so) at how much these 20 minutes helped.

Signed, Hopeful but Sore

**hugs** pain should be gone tomorrow sometime. Happy you are soldiering through!! It is a tough 20 min workout, jillain doesn't play around!! Good luck with tomorrow!!
  • GlitterMamma11
    GlitterMamma11 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Just finished day 2 of Level 1. I'm super sore from yesterday and did have to drop from 5lbs to 3lbs to any of the shoulder work. It was rough today! I had to take breaks but finished it. I also have a hard time with my head spinning when I go from floor stuff to standing. I'm hoping that will go away!
    I'm trying to talk Hubby into doing it with me!
  • danirosevoelkel
    danirosevoelkel Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    Love you're color runner picture :)

You might want to stand up a little slower or make sure you're getting in good breaths. Be careful, don't want you passing out now ;)
    Good luck on the hubby! They seem to want us to look like Victoria secret angels but they don't want to put any work into their bodies. I don't know, might just be mine...
  • GlitterMamma11
    GlitterMamma11 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Thanks!
    I paused it today so I could get up slower. I need a min for things to settle! lol My Hubby is pretty supportive and never really makes me feel bad about my size but he does really like it when I work out. I can tell he gets excited about the possibility of me being thin again. I know he could have a really nice body fairly quickly if he did something! He just doesn't have any motivation. Ever. lol :o)
    Options
    My hubby started it with me and has been pissy all damn week because he hasn't seen ANY results yet :noway: I'm like SERIOUSLY?! :grumble: he has been almost unbearable. maybe you all are lucky that hubby doesn't work out with you..........