Day One: August 1st

Options
How did your day go?

What did you do for exercise? Break it down for us!

What did you struggle with?

What are your wins for the day?

Today is day one, so please share your starting weight (if comfortable. I understand for some, that is a very personal number!), and your goal weight for September 1st! Anything else you want to share, please do! :)

Replies

• shipwrecks
    Options
    Hey, I saw this group & thought it would be nice to do a little challenge and help people get motivated/be motivated back.
    Hopefully it goes well =)

How did your day go? My day went pretty well though I almost didn't want to get out of bed. Wasn't feeling really motivated today.

What did you do for exercise? Break it down for us! I biked 9.8 KM which according to the app burned 973 calories and I worked out at my gym doing the circuit for half hour (472 calories) and some ab/arm weights.

What did you struggle with? Getting to the gym and eating enough.

What are your wins for the day? Pretty proud with my workout. I could've done more but I wanted to take it easy because I'm doing a hike on Saturday.
  • hawaiiblonde
    Options
    •How did your day go?
    My day was pretty great! My work kept me busy until about 8!

•What did you do for exercise? Break it down for us!
    I walked 32 minutes on the treadmill at 3.5mph, and then I lifted weights (arms!) for 30 minutes. I'm exhausted!

•What did you struggle with?
    I made cupcakes for the kids...and I ate 2! Eep.

•What are your wins for the day?
    I drank over 64oz of water, and I'm still drinking more!

•Today is day one, so please share your starting weight (if comfortable. I understand for some, that is a very personal number!), and your goal weight for September 1st! Anything else you want to share, please do! :)
    Starting weight: 231.5
    Goal weight: 219.7

Hi there! My name is Natalie, and I am a full time nanny living in beautiful Colorado! I have an amazing boyfriend, a sweet "stepson", and some amazing friends! I love to hike, take nature walks and ride my bike. My city is extremely bike friendly, and a trailhead is super close to where I live! I also LOVE LOVE LOVE to cook, which means I have to be creative in order to make delicious and nutritious and slimming meals for me, my honey and his son!
  • hawaiiblonde
    Options
    Hey, I saw this group & thought it would be nice to do a little challenge and help people get motivated/be motivated back.
    Hopefully it goes well =)

How did your day go? My day went pretty well though I almost didn't want to get out of bed. Wasn't feeling really motivated today.

What did you do for exercise? Break it down for us! I biked 9.8 KM which according to the app burned 973 calories and I worked out at my gym doing the circuit for half hour (472 calories) and some ab/arm weights.

What did you struggle with? Getting to the gym and eating enough.

What are your wins for the day? Pretty proud with my workout. I could've done more but I wanted to take it easy because I'm doing a hike on Saturday.

I struggled to get out of bed too! I was supposed to get up in the AM and exercise. But, I didn't. I still got my workout in though. Welcome to our group! I'm so glad you're here!!!
  • kabarnes45
    kabarnes45 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Hey all! thanks for doing this challenge. I can't wait to see how we all do. Starting weight is 144.6- I want to be firmly back in the 130s on labor day!

How did your day go? Today was good. I am really looking forward to getting back on track!

What did you do for exercise? Break it down for us! I walked the dog in the morning and did Day 1 of the 30 Day Shred so I got close to the 1 hr mark.

What did you struggle with? I struggled with sweets, but at least I was under my calorie goal

What are your wins for the day? Starting the 30DS was a win. I really didn't want to, but now only 29 days to go. It helped m to get serious about my workouts last year so I am hoping for a repeat win.
  • jadelovesveg
    Options
    •How did your day go?
    I had a pretty chilled day, but didn't get home from work until 9.30pm so I ate pretty late

I cycled to work and back which is 6.5 miles each way. I got there in about 30 minutes and I got home in about 45 minutes. I also did a few sets of push-ups and core exercises in the morning.

I ate a pretty carb-heavy dinner (chickpea curry on a baked potato) at maybe 11pm, and I doubt I burned those calories off in my sleep!

Cycling to work in 30 minutes is a new record for me. I overtook 2 buses and 6 cyclists! I'm getting faster and improving my endurance woohoo!

•Today is day one, so please share your starting weight (if comfortable. I understand for some, that is a very personal number!), and your goal weight for September 1st! Anything else you want to share, please do! :)
    Starting weight: 133
    Goal weight: 126
  • aakritik90
    aakritik90 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hey.. I'm a day late, but I remember EXACTLY what yesterday was like!

•How did your day go?
    Pretty good day! All my classes went really well :)

I'm a dancer/dance teacher, so I spend all day dancing (pretty much) I definitely got in 1 hour of dancing (at least) and about 30 minutes walking.

I was not one bit motivated today to do any weights or circuit training. Also I've a little pain in my oblique that I thought it would be best to rest =/

I ate a LOT of protein. Even though I went over in cals -.- But hey, motivation is here!

Starting weight: 59.3 kg
    Goal weight: 54 kg
  • cbear__
    cbear__ Posts: 5
    Options
    How did your day go? Alright, worked from 8 am - 5.30 pm , long day

What did you do for exercise? Break it down for us! Ugh I didnit do any today :( was supposed to but had extra ahift work. Will start tomorrow though!

What did you struggle with? After dinner binging

What are your wins for the day? NOT eating any chocolate

CW : 57 kg
    GW : 55

Have a full week without binging!
  • gilmoregirlsr
    gilmoregirlsr Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    •How did your day go?
    Work was busy so that helped keep my eating under control and my evening was just as busy but I managed to get in a 30 min hike with my son. Yay!!

I hiked with my son (40lbs) in a bike trailer/stroller for 30 mins. I was a little rushed but felt great.

I really wanted to binge last night so I had some sunflower seeds.

Fitting in that hike when I only had 45 mins between committments!

Starting weight: 222
    Sep 1st Goal weight: 216
  • LilButtercup43
    LilButtercup43 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    How did your day go?
    My Day went REALLY well! I finally got back to boot camp after 3 months or so missing out due to a second full-time job and it hurt but in a great get rid of stress way!

I did cardio boot camp for 45 minutes and I walked to and from work at the beginning and end of the day and at lunch

I struggled with snacking out of boredom and because I have the calories to eat, even if I am not hungry sometimes I think that entitles me to eating anyway...blah.

Getting my house cleaned up, getting my 10,000 steps in, getting to the gym and balancing it all for the first time in a LONG time!

Starting weight: 127
    Sep 1st Goal weight: 118
  • 38DurangoKid
    38DurangoKid Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Just joined and checking in. Starting weight 239.4 Goal for the end of August is 230, or 2.12 lbs per week. Usual exercise is 40 mins of walking the dog @3mph (daily basis), 20 min on stationary bike(daily) and home gym for 30 min 3 times per week. Love the outdoors, gardening, family and friends. Please hold me accountable this month. Thanks.
  • sasbw27
    sasbw27 Posts: 710 Member
    Options
    How did your day go?

Yesterday was okay had its ups and downs.

I did the Slim in 6 keep it up workout for 40 minutes and the 10 minute abs workout. Also did some walking after work for 15 minutes.

Food. I was over my cals. I can't seem to stay away from sweets.

Getting my workout in. I didn't get to it until about 8pm but I did it.

SW 156.4
    GW 149

This is the challenge I need. I will log in everyday and stay committed. I know I will reach my goal with you all. Thanks!
  • ashleybreanna13
    ashleybreanna13 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    How did your day go? Great! Got to can some pickles and got to fourwheel!

What did you do for exercise? Break it down for us! I just canned all night so working in the kitchen for 2-3 hours was plenty being on my feet for me!

What did you struggle with? Baked Lays Sour Cream and Onion...

What are your wins for the day? Canned some food, had some fun.

Today is day one, so please share your starting weight (if comfortable. I understand for some, that is a very personal number!), and your goal weight for September 1st! Anything else you want to share, please do! :)
    Starting weight: 182
  • fiveoaks66
    fiveoaks66 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Hi, just joined- thanks for starting this group!
    For yesterday:

How did your day go? Great!

What did you do for exercise? Break it down for us! strength training with bands and body weight, mostly upper body and core

What did you struggle with? I was really "snacky" near bedtime

What are your wins for the day? I turned out the light and went to sleep

Weight yesterday 185
    I'd like to be at 180 (with more muscle) at the end of the month
  • kaberget
    kaberget Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hi there!
    I just joined and this is really my first time posting on MFB boards....yahoo! After making no weight progress in July (I think I could have lost inches but I keep forgetting to measure myself), I'm feeling like I might need something else to help give me a push and hoping this challenge might do it....so no pressure people! :)

How did your day go? Pretty good. I'm within my net calorie range, but I would like to stop eating the calorie adjustent from my FItBit...I'm really starting to feel like that could my issue

What did you do for exercise? Break it down for us! Went to Body Pump last night for 60 minutes. Anyone else a BPer?? THe new 86 release is KILLING my shoulders and tricepts!

What did you struggle with? I usually go to the gym in the morning and though I was awake I went to work early instead...wish I had just gone to the gym instead of getting to work at 6am!

What are your wins for the day? Squatted more weight than ever for me!

Starting weight: 231
  • alafrina
    alafrina Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    My day went great yesterday! I decided to join this group late because I need something to hold me accountable. :)

For exercise, I did 30 mins of the Stair Climber, 15 mins of biking, and 15 minutes of elliptical. I was so sweaty!

I struggled with overeating. My sister didn't want to finish her sandwich, so she offered it to me. I ate it. Believe me, it was good.

My win was going to my first day at the gym! I only have a month-long gift membership, so I hope to make the best out of it. :)

Here's to this month!

Starting Weight: 159
    Goal Weight: 154
  • mraychel03
    Options
    How did your day go? Good. It always does I try to remain optimistic about life in general.

What did you do for exercise? I did Insanity Plyometrics Cardio for 45 minutes and burned 700 and some calories. I also weeded my parking lot for about 2 hours. I try not to log things that I don't know exactly how many calories I burned.

What did you struggle with? I struggle with trying to balance my job as a manager full-time, full-time student getting MBA, and full-time mom. Too many things to do and not enough time in the day. I could never do it if it weren't for my loving husband.

What are your wins for the day? 1st actual insanity work out. Man did I sweat.

Starting weight: 190.6
    Goal weight for September 1st.: 180
  • ariel1116
    ariel1116 Posts: 555 Member
    Options
    im a day late but thats ok bc i remember what i did yesterday

How did your day go?
    day went great i went to trader joes and got all my healthy food for the week.

I walked my dog for 30mins then did 45mins of zumba!

i didnt really struggle much maybe just with the zumba moves at times i felt stupid bc i wasnt doing it correctly

working out and logging all of my food

SW 256
    GW 245
  • ShaunaRhoads
    Options
    Hi, I joined Saturday, August 3rd, but I just found this group! Although, I didn't cheat, I worked out the past 3 days and logged my food so I am technichally still on track for this group!
    How did your day go? Okay

What did you do for exercise? 1.5 miles on treadmill @4.5 pace (jog) and August Ab Challenge Group daily workout.

What did you struggle with? My kids were stressful

What are your wins for the day? I stayed within my calories allowed.

Weight yesterday 144.5
    I'd like to be at 139 by September, I haven't gotten sub 140s for 2 years and its time to do it.
  • theparisien
    theparisien Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hello, I joined several days ago but was pretty absent since then. Real eager to be a part of this group and I'll do my best to contribute AND keep accountability up!

My starting weight for August 1 was 290. My goal weight for September 1 is 279. I haven't been that low since end of college.

I started off with running on the track and finished off 2 miles. I was beat but I will do better.