2013 Army Run

Options
Carolyn_79
Carolyn_79 Posts: 935 Member
Just curious how many people we have doing the Army Run in September and how's your training coming along? I'm registered for the half. I'm actually training for the Niagara Falls International Marathon in October so the Army Run will be a training run for me. I'm going to have to run an additional 8km that day since my marathon training schedule has me at 29km for that day. I'm doing the Running Room marathon training clinic. Anyone else doing the Army Run?

Replies

• Miss_Meliss86
    Miss_Meliss86 Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    I'm running the 1/2 as well! Pretty nervous for it, but my training is coming along pretty well. I'm going to be pushing past the 10km mark this week. I know I can do it no problem, but still nervous as the furthest I've run so far is 10km. Aiming for 12 this weekend :smile:
  • Carolyn_79
    Options
    I'm running the 1/2 as well! Pretty nervous for it, but my training is coming along pretty well. I'm going to be pushing past the 10km mark this week. I know I can do it no problem, but still nervous as the furthest I've run so far is 10km. Aiming for 12 this weekend :smile:

Don't be nervous. You'll do great :smile: I did my first half in May during Ottawa Race Weekend and although I was nervous it was an amazing experience!
  • Shawshankcan
    Shawshankcan Posts: 900 Member
    Options

One step at a time.
  • Miss_Meliss86
    Options

One step at a time.

I think I know you! :laugh:
  • agataarchangel
    agataarchangel Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    I'm running the 1/2 also :-). Ran it last year...

Not really following any "set" training plan, but I've been running 10k's at the Lake every other weekend or so....

Can't wait! Their post-race "soldier packs" were excellent last year. And there were free Michelob Ultra beer hand-outs :-)
  • danger_kitteh
    danger_kitteh Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Beer? why am i always missing out on the beer?!

The famahlee is running the 5k this year. The husband and son will finish at least 10 minutes before me as the husband has longer legs and well the kid he's got youth on his side *L*
  • Shawshankcan
    Shawshankcan Posts: 900 Member
    Options

You do...Mira told me the story ten minutes ago,
  • agataarchangel
    agataarchangel Posts: 292 Member
    Options

The famahlee is running the 5k this year. The husband and son will finish at least 10 minutes before me as the husband has longer legs and well the kid he's got youth on his side *L*

Lol.... Mmmm....Beeeeeeeeeer
  • Miss_Meliss86
    Options

You can have my beer! I think I may have convinced my parents to come cheer me on so I am definitely going out for a massive brunch after. If I don't pass out....:tongue:
  • escloflowneCHANGED
    escloflowneCHANGED Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options

You do...Mira told me the story ten minutes ago,

Hahaha
  • miracole
    miracole Posts: 492 Member
    Options
    Just curious how many people we have doing the Army Run in September and how's your training coming along? I'm registered for the half. I'm actually training for the Niagara Falls International Marathon in October so the Army Run will be a training run for me. I'm going to have to run an additional 8km that day since my marathon training schedule has me at 29km for that day. I'm doing the Running Room marathon training clinic. Anyone else doing the Army Run?

I did exactly what you're doing last year, Army run as a training run for the Niagara Falls International Marathon. I LOVE the Army run, it's my favourite half marathon, I've run it three times now. I'd be doing it again this year but I have my marathon in Dartmouth the weekend before and then we're off to Edmonton for a wedding, unfortunately I couldn't suggest that the bride pick her date around my races! LOL
  • Carolyn_79
    Options

I did exactly what you're doing last year, Army run as a training run for the Niagara Falls International Marathon. I LOVE the Army run, it's my favourite half marathon, I've run it three times now. I'd be doing it again this year but I have my marathon in Dartmouth the weekend before and then we're off to Edmonton for a wedding, unfortunately I couldn't suggest that the bride pick her date around my races! LOL

How did you like the Niagara Falls Marathon?