I know I'm not alone.

Options
Before I had my son I was 90-95 lbs. The day of delivery I was 185 lbs! And that's where my dieting/binging began. 1 year PP I was 107 lbs and 2 years PP I was 112 lbs. October I will be 3 years PP and my GOAL is to be 110 lbs steady. I've been working out daily for 2 years now on and off but the binging is SO hard. Sometimes I'll literally be binging for an hour. My husband keeps telling me "just stop" but its not that easy.

Replies

• rkasper22
    rkasper22 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    hey friend! you are SO not alone. have you ever pursued help for you eating disorder? it;'s; not about "just stopping" at all, it's about deep rooted issues usually. i would highly recommend counseling. it's so worth it. you are not a freak, just a person who needs to forgive herself and figure some things out
  • DucksandOranges
    DucksandOranges Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    nope, you're not alone!

and yes, if only it was as easy as "stop eating...."
  • runninguntilparadise
    Options
    I feel your pain! Take it a bite and step at a time.
  • enchantedgardener
    enchantedgardener Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    You definitely are not alone!

The binge eating is something you've been struggling with for a long time. As such, it's not likely to just 'stop' because you want it to or out of sheer determination.

I'd suggest seeing a professional who specializes in eating disorders. S/he will be able to help you figure out and process the underlying issues that are causing your binge eating behaviour.

For me personally, binge eating was one symptom (along with severe anxiety and phobias) of major depressive disorder. Since I started treating my depression with medication and cognitive behavioural therapy I haven't had much of an issue with binge eating. I still try to avoid the kinds of foods that I used to binge on. But it's been a lot easier now that I know what triggers my binge eating and how to deal with it when it does happen.