Tools

Options
shellydoo
shellydoo Posts: 4 Member
Hi, I have been using the lolo treadmill app for walking, and myfitness pal. These two apps are making it much easier for me to loose weight.

What tools do others use?

Michelle

Replies

• blessedlady1234
    blessedlady1234 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi , I'm just getting serious about my weight loss. My goal is to lose about 80 pounds for health . I live in Euclid OH and lack of exercise and a support group, on top of a sedentary stressful life has led me to this point. I went to try on clothes the other day, and said enough is enough I can do better and want to look better .
  • amy_kee
    amy_kee Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    My phone doesn't get Apps on it because it is a real basic phone. I wish I could access nice Apps like that though. I'm glad that they are working for you Michelle. So, I go to the gym & do aqua aerobics, Pilates, low-impact aerobics, and I did a Zumba class finally today. At home, I do a DVD 3 - 4 x week. I also walk a mile each week with a friend. I wish I could walk more, but, an injury won't allow it. .
  • shellydoo
    shellydoo Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    My phone doesn't get Apps on it because it is a real basic phone. I wish I could access nice Apps like that though. I'm glad that they are working for you Michelle. So, I go to the gym & do aqua aerobics, Pilates, low-impact aerobics, and I did a Zumba class finally today. At home, I do a DVD 3 - 4 x week. I also walk a mile each week with a friend. I wish I could walk more, but, an injury won't allow it. .

I wish I could get out to the gym, but I cant, well I could but I dont want to leave my husband alone. So my gym is here. How did you find Zumba?
  • amy_kee
    amy_kee Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    Michelle,
    That is a different situation when you can't just up and leave like that. Creativity comes in to play more. I see why you are using Apps more.

The Zumba class that I took was challenging to my upper body, especially the area between my shoulders and my neck. I just haven't gotten much upper body exercise in at all and it showed me that today. Also, the foot movement is fast. I've been working with a Zumba steps DVD at home, learning the basic Zumba steps from it. But, the class didn't seem to use any of those learned steps. All in all, the Zumba is something fun and interesting to do for exercise.
    Amy
  • mark_finewood
    mark_finewood Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Re: Apps and SmartPhones

I also don't have a smartphone - because I can't stand the high monthly fees (I use tracphone instead). So I recently bought a Samsung Galaxy 5 Media Player. It works with wifi - so you need wifi in your home. It's Android based and uses apps from the Google Play store. myfitnesspal is a free app that I downloaded from there. The UPC scanning is really cool and convenient :-)
  • kcpond
    kcpond Posts: 659 Member
    Options
    I am somewhat a techie, so I have multiple devices that I use. I have a blackberry at work that I can use myfitnesspal on, this isnt the best since it is kind of unusable for anything but email. I have a tablet that I use all the time for myfitnesspall. As well, I have a fitbit that tracks the number of steps that I take. From the fitbit it syncs with myfitnesspal to monitor the calories that I burn daily. I also, for fun, log the number of steps I take on the trans canada trail. So far since july 1st, I have walked from Victoria bc to Vancouver B.C.