New to running and weight loss

Options
So I've decided to follow the c25k program. I started cardio training on Sunday by doing a 3k walk/jog. Did it Sun-Tues in a similar fashion to C25K but with more running. After reading through all the success and advice about not going to hard to fast I decided to cut back to what the program said. Currently weighing in at 280lbs and managed to do 4 min straight on the treadmill at 5mph. Here's to hoping it works out okay.

Replies

• nolongerXXL
    nolongerXXL Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Good luck girl! You can do it! I started C25K at 270lbs. It is possible.

Take your time and go slow (even running slow) and you'll do fine. :)
  • Skye_NS
    Skye_NS Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    My husband & I started doing the C25K on Monday and we're also above 200 lbs. I was originally planning to wait until I was below 200 before I started running. Then I found out my town is hosting a color run in the fall!! Now I'm all in! Why wait, right?

Feel free to send me a friend request if you want to swap stories as we go through the program.
  • bongochick45
    bongochick45 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I just recently finished c25k and now I'm training for a 10k. I am also over 200lbs. I'm slow (I'm running 15 minute miles-12 minute miles on a good day) but I can run for 30 minutes non stop and it's amazing! Stay encouraged guys. It really is a great program. Go slow, be patient with yourself, eat well, and wear good shoes. That's my advice.
  • daddysquish
    Options
    i started last week at 300lb just take it slow and easy don't be worried about repeating weeks :)
  • mielikkibz
    mielikkibz Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    I started Sunday, couldn't do it completely, but did my best. . over 200 lbs, but also have asthma and bad knees, figured anything I did was better than nothing :) trying to figure out what to do tonight as I have no desire to run in the drizzling rain. . .thinking of doing almost the same thing, just on the stationary bike. .. will say my dogs absolutely loved going with me the other night!