Foods that help you stay on track

Options
I wanted everyone to share with the group what foods and drinks help them get through tough days. The days where we are starving!!!! Share as many foods as you can think of so maybe this can help someone else when they are struggling.

The biggest helpers for me are

cucumber
cactus fruit
diet snapple packs for water, peach flavored
graham crackers and pb
air popped popcorn
bolthouse farms vanilla chai tea, green goodness

These all work really great on filling me up without using alot of calories,.

What helps you?????

Replies

• christarae1
    christarae1 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    I have never tried cactus fruit!!! Going to have to give it a try! I love to eat watermelon when I'm hungry. It's full of water and tends to fill me up without a bunch of added calories. I also drink coffee which helps me feel satisfied.
  • sistahbigbone
    sistahbigbone Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I like to have:
    watermelon
    strawberries
    nectarines
    boiled egg
    piece of cheese
    toast
  • kreationsforhome
    kreationsforhome Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I lovvvve cactus fruit. Sometimes I eat like 5 or 6 and they fill me up with few calories
  • Rocki_
    Rocki_ Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    I lovvvve cactus fruit. Sometimes I eat like 5 or 6 and they fill me up with few calories

I've never tried it either. How do you prepare it?
  • Rocki_
    Rocki_ Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    I'm a sucker for big salads (as you can see by my food journal). Protein and greens!! Some of my faves are:
    Salad:
    Baby kale and baby spinach mix, romaine, iceberg...
    English cucumber (YUM!)
    Tomato
    Radish (for some spice)
    Yellow/red/orange bell pepper
    Strawberries
    Blueberries
    Nectarines
    Peaches
    Granny Smith apples

Protein:
    Grilled chicken
    Canned tuna
    Grilled lean beef
    Ground chicken or turkey (Johnsonville Turkey Spicy Italian Sausage! YUM!!)
    Low fat cheese

Any combination of the above will get me through a hungry time. I basically start with greens of some kind and then add cucumber and tomato and then any other veggies I have, plus a fruit (or sometimes two) and a protein, like canned tuna (1 can), 4 oz. of grilled chicken/lean beef or ground turkey/chicken (great way to use leftovers) or some low fat cheese.
  • piggyb73
    piggyb73 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    a few snacks that help me big time are Dannon greek lite and fit yogurt and Luna nutrition bars i also munch on dry cereal and microwave popcorn is a lot of food for little calories... oo and if you want something chocolatey go Hershey kisses(9 for 200 = 2/50ish calories) and Vitatops for 100 calories
  • Rei1988
    Rei1988 Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    Avocado & eggs
  • Alatariel2002
    Alatariel2002 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Watermelon....I can sit and eat it until I'm stuffed to the gills.
    grapes
    apples
    celery
    and salads. I always eat a salad before my main meal...helps me to not eat as much,
    And water...lots and lots and lots of water.

Interesting about the cactus fruit. May have to try it if I can find some. Pickings are pretty slim at the local walmart in the way of good looking fruits and veggies.
  • kreationsforhome
    kreationsforhome Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I just cut off the top and bottom and slice the side and peel it out ... OMG in the video they are 1.40 each and I buy 5 for 1 dollar. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3sQVIegaWTc

Its one of my favorite fruits . LOOOOVVVE it