vacation and staying on track

Options
We are leaving on vacation in the morning with a few other couples. We went to Sam's and bought food and I am going to give it my all to stay on track. We have a kitchen and a grill in our condo so that will for sure help. One thing I like about this way of eating is that there are usually several good choices when eating out. Last night we met my parents and they wanted pizza so I ate the top off of mine and was completely satisfied. The only thing that may be a problem for me is the drinks on vacation. I am going to take so no carb options and hope for the best! Any suggestions are welcome!:glasses:

Replies

• ProgressNotPerfection32
    ProgressNotPerfection32 Posts: 1,155 Member
    Options
    Cheating a bit won't hurt. Do you have ample low carb snacks packed? When you say drinks, do you mean alcoholic beverages or just drinks in general? :huh:

Don't be shocked if you don't lose on vacation. It will be ok. Glad you are planning it all out!!
  • bigred01
    bigred01 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    If I am going to drink alcohol, I stick to vodka. You can mix it with practically anything. I use diet cranberry mostly, but you can also do coke zero or any other diet drink. I don't really like rum, but it is also a good alternative. I don't recommend beer because it bloats so bad and basically just turns straight to sugar. The big thing is just to not overdo the alcohol...it does slow down your progress on your diet. Good luck to you!
    Options
    Low carb beer is good. Rum usually is higher in sugars. I love Jack Daniels mixed with diet coke or Pepsi.
  • tabik30
    tabik30 Posts: 443
    Options
    Im packing crystal light and vodka and diet and rum. I really like ultras but I could drink countless ones so it doesnt help me in the end that there is only 2.6 carbs. I will just have to try to behave:)
    Options
    Crystal light is my fave!!! What kinds??
  • tabik30
    tabik30 Posts: 443
    Options
    I have the regular lemonade and raspberry lemonade, should be good!
    Options
    I have the regular lemonade and raspberry lemonade, should be good!

I LOVE their raspberry lemonade!!! The mango peach green tea kicks butt, also. Having fun??
  • meowmisu
    meowmisu Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Vodka is definitely the way to go! Enjoy vacation!