Introductions

Options

Replies

• BadAllikat
    BadAllikat Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone! I'm Allison and I live on the NW side of town. My boyfriend and I have just recently made the decision to get our butts off the couch and work on losing some weight. We're core gamers, so needless to say, we're not very active. :) I'm at 236 right now (I'm 5'1") and working to get down to a size 10 in pants (i'm a size 18 right now). I'm extremely motivated to kick butt, especially since we're in a serious relationship and I REALLY want to look good in a wedding dress when that time comes. :) We've recently started working out at Desert Sports and Fitness Express on the NW side and WOW. The manager there is working with us on a workout routine and is super motivating and a great cheer leader and *kitten* kicker. LOL My favorite kind of trainer! I've noticed that logging food can be a bit hard, especially since I never realized how much sugar I eat. Diabetes runs in my family so I need to focus on getting healthy. :) I'm not the healthiest eater, but I'm learning how to adjust my eating habits by having to track everything. :)
  • seilidhe
    seilidhe Posts: 1,042 Member
    Options
    Hi!

I'm so glad to see this group here, although like someone above me, I notice that it hasn't been terribly active in at least the last couple of weeks. Anyways, I'm Beth, I'm a mom to three adult children, and two furbabies. I've had weight issues all my life - my mom put me on Weight Watchers when I was 9 - and, although I was slender when I was in high school, I haven't even be close, except for a brief period after my son was born more than 25 years ago. I'm tired of crying in dressing rooms when trying on clothes, or even just in front of my own mirror. So.... I've been working out and recently added a weight lifting class to my regimen.

I look forward to getting to know all of you and sharing your triumphs with you!
  • paw7902
    paw7902 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone. I'm Paul. I joined a veterans group called MOVE! that is run by the Veterans Administration. They told me about MFP and how easy it was to use - so I joined up in July 2013. I've really learned a lot about living a healthy lifestyle from maintaining the records I do, so maybe I will be able to lose the 60 pounds I gained 34 years ago when I quit smoking. I would like to find someone to exercise with. Right now, I spend a lot of time in the pool swimming and jogging (my knees can't take the pounding from jogging on trails). I enjoy hiking, but not when the temperatures are over 100. I live on the northwest side of Tucson so a lot of my hiking is in the Tucson mountains. I also go to LA Fitness for strength training about twice a week - but I don't always go at the same time.
    If you are interested in finding a workout partner maybe we can connect.
  • paw7902
    paw7902 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi Cara Is that you? If you are the right one, you may not remember me, but we used to walk in the Tucson Mall together. That was quite a while ago. If it's you, I want to let yo know that I am very happy to see you out and about again - you had me worried when we lost touch. If not, it's nice to meet you, and I hope you reach your goal without too much trouble.
  • bjazz44
    Options
    Hi - I've been with MFP for a while and have lost 40 pounds. 39 more to go so I can say I'm over the hump. Also a fitbit user and absolutely love it!
  • JAMProphet
    JAMProphet Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    I'm back!

I was a big time MFPeep a year ago, and then dropped off due to frustration with progress. I am coming back, a) because I miss y'all and b) because every single one of you helped to keep me honest!

I am currently big into boxing and boxing cardio classes over at Boxing Inc Univ. If you go there, come say hi! I'll probably be the one in the ring bobbing and weaving Joe Frazier style!

I am also looking to get back into running and jogging. And I'm always happy to talk diet and nutrition.

Feel free to friend me!
    Joaquin
  • smadrigal04
    Options
    Hello! My name is Sherri. I've been in Tucson since June of this year. My husband is active duty AF, and we are stationed at Davis-Monthan AFB. I've been a member of MFP for a while now, and also have a FitBit. I have 3 children and 2 furbabies. I currently have a personal trainer to help me lose this weight once and for all.

Like previous people before me, this group hasn't been very active lately. Maybe we could try and get it started back up again. There aren't many people that belong to this group, so maybe we can get together sometime and get to know each other!
  • dwljazzman
    dwljazzman Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Hi group I have logged for almost 1 month now. 23 days and I have lost over 5 lbs. I'm glad to be here and glad to help motivate others.

David
  • pickered
    pickered Posts: 36
    Options
    Good for you David, keep up the good work. This is not an exceptionally active post but it's the thought that counts. And who knows maybe if "we" start using it things will pick up. Feel free to add me to friends if you need additional support and motivation. I know I could use some
  • blukitten
    blukitten Posts: 922 Member
    Options
    Hello Tucson Group!

I just started with the community portion of MFP, but hope the Tucson group is a little more active than this!! There is so much to do here!
  • laystarr
    laystarr Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Welcome blukitten! I sign on MFP almost everyday and check out the Tucson group every now and then. It seems we are not active enough. Since everyone in this group lives in Tucson do anyone want to work out together sometimes? I go to CHUZE and also like jogging reid park a couple times a week. I have a few pounds to go and it can be really hard without motivators. Anyone up to it? Let me know.
  • b_e_l_l_a_a_a_a_a_a
    b_e_l_l_a_a_a_a_a_a Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I think I didn't post a intro message because this thread is like 3 years old.. but now since people are posting I guess I'll post a little message.

Hi, I'm 18(used to go to Tucson High, now attending online classes yayyy) and I work at safeway(the one on prince and campbell, maybe some of you guys have gotten your groceries bagged by me.) :0 I know posting the address of my work place is probably not a smart idea but I don't think anything bad can happen if a few dieters know what store I work at. LOL Anyways, feel free to add me if you want another Tucson buddy on your list. :flowerforyou:
  • blukitten
    Options
    I go to Chuze also! I usually go monday, wed and fri. But wayyyy early though!!
  • blukitten
    Options
    Welcome blukitten! I sign on MFP almost everyday and check out the Tucson group every now and then. It seems we are not active enough. Since everyone in this group lives in Tucson do anyone want to work out together sometimes? I go to CHUZE and also like jogging reid park a couple times a week. I have a few pounds to go and it can be really hard without motivators. Anyone up to it? Let me know.

I think I have seen you there,, mabye. I go to Chuze also
  • jetrok
    jetrok Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    What's up ppl? Hope all is well. Glad to see someone actually communicating in this group. How are you all
  • blukitten
    Options
    Hey jetrok... good and you?
  • jetrok
    Options
    I'm doing well. How are you? How do you like the site
  • ktuofa
    ktuofa Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Hello! My name is Katie. I am 32 years old and a mother of 2 boys, ages 4 and 6. I am struggling on losing these last 15 lbs. I live in Marana and work at the University of Arizona! Bear Down and good luck to all of you!
  • jetrok
    Options
    welcome and good luck on your journey
  • HealthyinAZ
    HealthyinAZ Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Hope you find all the motivation you need here at MFP!