Week 1 Day 2- How'd it go?

tlou5
tlou5 Posts: 497 Member
Just finished Day 2- I am using the Ruvnners 4 Life phone app. My seven year olds went with me today and have dubbed the "lady" (voice that tells you when to run) Natasha Mc Nasty. :bigsmile: I have to admit by the time we are done I kind of hate her. BUT I did it again so yahoo me! Trying to complete the program by the end of October so I can do a Color Run before winter sets in.

Replies

• CountryGirl8542
    CountryGirl8542 Posts: 449 Member
    Well today was going to be day three and I can say I am addicted to running... however I am down with an ankle injury... hoping it is better tomorrow. I am in need or arch supports as my arches are higher than average. Hoping to get into the Doctor ASAP.
  • tlou5
    So sorry you got hurt Corrinne- Hope you get better quickly!
  • pkbryant28
    pkbryant28 Posts: 146 Member
    Completed Week 2 Day 1. I was going to try and do 2 days but couldn't do it, trying to get ready for a 5K on September 15th, got to get my booty in gear. :bigsmile:
  • tlou5
    You can do it pk! I am trying to aim for a 5k in October. Pretty out of shape here so will give myself a couple of "do over" weeks
  • no_more_weighting
    no_more_weighting Posts: 57 Member
    Hi everyone, I just started C25K yesterday. :smile: So far so good, both my dog and I love it. Found out I need new running shoes due to overpronation that I didn't realize I have, but now I see that it's a common problem with heavier runners who have flat feet. Well, I have both! LOL :laugh: So I'm getting a pair of motion control running shoes that should help. :wink:
  • tlou5
    Haven't heard of that before. What kind of shoes are you getting. I have some Asics hoping that will see me and my extra poundage through all this
  • no_more_weighting
    Overpronation basically means that my ankles turn inwards when I'm running. I remember I had the same issue when I ice-skated or ran as a kid. I guess I never grew out of it! :smile: But yesterday I really saw how much "turned" my feet are and it didn't feel comfortable - I doesn't hurt, but my shoes don't give me the right support and I'd be worried about the long term damage. So away I go from the new, modern "barely there" running shoes and here I come sturdy, motion control running shoes. :bigsmile: I like the North Face Ultra 50 GTX for trail running (and for dog agility, I think they'd be perfect): http://www.zappos.com/the-north-face-ultra-50-gtx-xcr-tnf-black-razzle-pink?zfcTest=fcl:0
  • ktpod1
    ktpod1 Posts: 83 Member
    Hi everyone...today I will be finishing W1D3. I read something yesterday about running on the balls of your feet ( I currently pound the treadmill with heel to toe). How do you run? Heel first? Balls of feet and heels never touch the ground ? or somewhere in between?
  • no_more_weighting
    I'm not sure how I run, to be honest - I'll pay closer attention to my running style tomorrow. But since I now know I tend to overpronate, I'm probably not a very good example. :laugh:
  • tlou5
    kt I dunoo either will pay more attention and answer on Sunday when I next run....I am inclined to say ball of foot though
  • ktpod1
    Done with W1D3. ( jog45/walk 90) Yeah! Tried not to slouch ( like balancing something on my head) leaned forward and ran sorta on the bslls of my feet never letting my heel down. I actually could run faster in 8ne sprint hut decided not to push it and went back to a slow jog. Funny hut my knee only hurt me when I was in the wslk mode...hmmm I guess I need to walk correctly. Next weeks program is run 90/walk 90. I think that will be no problem!
  • pkbryant28
    Just finished wk2 dy3. Start wk 3 Sunday and I will have to run for 3 minutes :noway: ! I can do this!
  • ktpod1
    Wow...I had a lot of spelling errors above. ..must have been dillusional after my run. HA:laugh:
  • CountryGirl8542
    CountryGirl8542 Posts: 449 Member
    Well! My foot is starting to feel a bit better... hoping to get back at this on Monday. Going to go buy some arch supports to prevent this from happening again. Make sure you are all wearing good shoes!
  • tlou5
    Just finished wk2 dy3. Start wk 3 Sunday and I will have to run for 3 minutes :noway: ! I can do this!

You can do it! Sounds tough though lol
  • pkbryant28

You can do it! Sounds tough though lol

I did it, I did it!!!!! :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: Not only did I complete WK3 DY1 which included two 3 minute running increments when I finished I felt that I could do more so I timed myself and ran for 5 min 48 sec, Whoo Hoo! I was so proud of myself. Now with that being said I must note that I ran inside today in the A/C, normally I run outside in the 90-100 degree heat so I am sure that a made a huge difference.
  • tlou5
    Good NSV PK!
  • ktpod1
    Awesome job PK!
  • copp9
    copp9 Posts: 33
    I am on W3D2 and today I wanted to see how far I could go. I did two miles in 25:12! I am so happy since during week 1 it took me 30 minutes to do 1.5 miles. Slow improvement but great!
  • pkbryant28
    I am on W3D2 and today I wanted to see how far I could go. I did two miles in 25:12! I am so happy since during week 1 it took me 30 minutes to do 1.5 miles. Slow improvement but great!

Great job, keep it up!