Camping

mlb929
mlb929 Posts: 1,974 Member
I'm so annoyed, I just want to vent. Both of my boys, 12 and 14 have Celiac disease. They are going to Boy Scout camp in Sunday. Every year it's a battle of lack of knowledge and unwillingness to help. So, we verified on Monday that we did everything we needed to and that food wouldn't be and issue.

Friday at 4:00 pm I got an email telling me they can't feed my one child, no mention of my older child at all. And that if I send food, they will be happy to prepare it.

First, the only gluten free store is owned by Adventists and not open Saturday. I had to drive an hour to get supplies. I just spent 4 hours food prepping and meal planning for their week. I'm fine with it, had I known a week ago and had a d opportunity.

After an exchange of emails and phone calls, they agreed that they will refund for my kids food costs couldn't come up with a number yet. But I assured them I have an attorney familiar with the American Disability Act, so they have no choice but refund or accommodate.

Camp was over 500 per child, the least they could do is feed them.

Replies

• pdworkman
    pdworkman Posts: 1,342 Member
    I had the same problem, chased after the organizers for six months and they said that they could handle his special diet issues. When I finally got the menu plan, it was obvious that they could deal with single diet limitations (eg. celiac) but not multiple diet limitations (eg. vegetarian, gluten free, dairy free, allergies).

The week before, they decided that they couldn't handle it and advised me I would need to pack all of his food for the week.