Week of Aug5th through Aug 11th

Options
Well, you all did so good last week. Congrats to you! We had a suggestion for some planks this week and maybe some back exercises so I will do my best to list them. Most of these are from all the physical therapy I have done through the years and continue to do.

Monday Planks. on knees or the regular way. Just keep your back straight and hold as long as you can.

Tuesday...laying on the floor or the bed, knees bent, push the small of your back to the floor and hold for a count of 10, do this 10x

Wednesday.......bridges....laying on the floor or bed again, knees bent raise your butt up off the floor so you are on your shoulders hold that stretch for a count of 5, go down, repeat 5x

Thursday.....on knees, lower your butt to your feet while stretching your arms out in front of you hold for a count of 5, repeat 2x

Friday..........cat stretches........on all fours again, raise the middle of your back up as if you are a catch stretching do 3x

Saturday.........lay on your back, bend knees and then put your hands under your knee and pull your knees toward your chest, then do the other leg, or you can do both lets at once.

Sunday......take a rest day! Oh YES we can, I say so!!!!!!!!!!!:glasses:

Replies

• belladiva47
    belladiva47 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Ok I can do Tuesday Wednesday Saturday and Sunday but nothing on my knees or stomach. :smile:
  • gramanana
    gramanana Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    Thanks, Californiagirl, I really need these this week. :wink:
  • mombolongo
    Options
    Okay I'll try...Never did any planks before...Here goes...lol:smile:
  • gramanana
    Options
    Planks and flat back to floor done! My back loves you californiagirl!:laugh:
  • mombolongo
    Options
    Okay today's done..Plus I like last weeks that I'm doing them to but added 5 to each workout...:smile:
  • southerngramma
    Options
    Well, we are still on vacation but food wise I've been doing pretty good..much to my surprise! Haven't had a chance to do the
    exercises listed but have been on the go almost everyday..out with the grandkids, up and down stairs, just in motion for
    a good part of the day. I can't tell you all , how happy I am to have found this place and meet all of you. Your stories and posts
    are keeping me on track. Big Happy Hugs to one and all...good night!
  • gramanana
    Options
    All challenges up to date and boy does my back love it!
  • gramanana
    Options
    I'm keeping up this week, so yay for me! How's everyone else doing?
  • walkswithart
    walkswithart Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Hey there - I'v managed to keep up and occasionally exceed this week.
  • vivh10
    vivh10 Posts: 8
    Options
    Well done all of you. You really put me to shame! I haven't been doing the exercises but have been walking most days so am quite proud of my achievements so far.Keep up the good work folks.
    :flowerforyou:
  • mombolongo
    Options
    I started back to work so I've missed most of this week....I have been walking so that helps...Will try better starting on Monday..lol,,,Off to the movies today to see We're the Millers...Cya