Borderlands 2

Options
2»

Replies

• ohenry78
    ohenry78 Posts: 228
    Options
    Oh man. I thought that this game had finally released me from it's looty grip, but NOOOOOO. Then they had to go and release Krieg.

It's a very, very fun character to play. Extremely different from anything the other vault hunters offer. It's the closest thing to living on the razor's edge that you'll get in a video game -- serious adrenaline rushes are abundant when playing Krieg.
  • bunbunzee44
    bunbunzee44 Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    this reminds me to go play it lol :P
  • SunOfMan
    SunOfMan Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Playing through this at the moment.

Using Zero, have been sniping for most the game but recently switched it up to bloodshed!
  • kmbweber2014
    kmbweber2014 Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    I am pretty sure Tiny Tina is my favorite character in a long time.
  • Anna10s2dv8
    Anna10s2dv8 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    BL2 is my favorite game so far. I’m basically doing lots of legendary farming at this point but I’m really looking forward to playing the new Tiny Tina’s DLC.
    My first run through I chose the Siren (LV55), but I’m also playing the Assassin (LV42) and the Mechromancer (LV37). As to which is my favorite character? Hard decision, they all have a variety of different skills that I enjoy but ultimately it would have to be the Assassin, I just love doing tons of critical hit damage and the haikus are hilarious.
  • robdel302
    robdel302 Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    I am pretty sure Tiny Tina is my favorite character in a long time.

The voice actress has been doing a webcast for a few yeas now and acts just as wacky. It's called Hey Ash Watcha Playin? Or HAWP for short.

http://www.heyash.com/
  • bullsfan22
    bullsfan22 Posts: 104
    Options
    I just picked this up on the recent GMG sale. I don't know if I will be playing too often or not, lately not a lot of time but feel free to add me. If you see me in game I could use a hand.

Steam ID: Tranqlsoul
  • erayne
    erayne Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I was playing as Zero, but switched when the Mechromancer came out, totally in love with her! Did anyone play Tiny Tina's latest DLC? It's awesome!

I'm eraynea on XBL if anyone wants to add me! :D
  • Kevin_Rex
    Kevin_Rex Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I'm playing the Commando and am LOVING it! Everything about it improves on the original... I find myself squeezing every ounce of playtime available to get in a session... I can see myself playing through with all the characters in the near future.

I love being in a crazy fight, throwing out my turret, grabbing some cover and laying waste... it never gets old!

Once I finish up the MQ I'll be grabbing all the DLCs to play through... I hear Tiny Tina's DLC is the best that's been released so far, but I look forward to playing 'em all.

Has anyone had any playtime with the assassin? I've heard it's relatively lame as there aren't a lot of melee weapon drops... but can't really imagine having too much fun with BL2 as a melee-centric character.

Next round is Siren... Oh, and Handsome Jack has, so far, the coolest 'bad guy' lines of any game I've played... the hilarity mixed with being a jerk is pulled off extremely well...
  • zagon_the_ultimate
    zagon_the_ultimate Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Dedicated assassin here, I play almost nothing else. I played as Mordecai in the first one, so I knew I had to pick a sniper in the second. I generally don’t have any problems, except for rats, tiny heads and they move too much.

Most of the assassin play is “kill from a distance, retreat, and repeat”. Get a good high crit rifle, Jakobs if you can find it (or the seraph sniper from hammerlocks), and start popping heads. Find a high melee % gun, and switch to that when you use your special, if you grab the skills for it you can do a good chunk of damage to them, and make them more vulnerable to your next gun hit(shotguns are awesome for this).

Now having played and beaten all the DLC’s, I would defiantly say Tiny Tina’s is the hardest, mostly because you are dealing with tons and tons of mobs that use totally new tactics(especially on ultimate true vault hunter mode). Sometimes you have to take serious cover just to avoid the near 100% accuracy projectiles they can throw at you, while fending off stuff that’s running like mad at your face.

Now as far as comparing BL1 to BL2, I would say BL1 ever so slightly edges out BL2. It just seemed like the main story line was a little better, or perhaps better fleshed out. In BL1 you really don’t have a continuous “Bad Guy” from the start of the game to the end. It changes from general world mobs, to helping others, to eventually beating the Atlas chick. With BL2, within minutes of entering the game you automatically know who is going to be at the end, Handsome Jack, and that took some of the flavor of discovery from the game. Plus BL1 had zombies, and a kickass mood centered on it.
  • sphyxy
    sphyxy Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    I am in my first play through right now. Playing as Zero and loving it, despite all the negativity I have heard about his character and play style. I am only level 31 right now but it's a blast. I don't know what I will play next but I can't wait to play through again with another class. I have a couple friends, coworker, and boyfriend that play and randomly will pop into my game to throw weapons at me and help with quests. Teamplay is great in the game!