Weight Update ! Gain? Loss?

Options

Replies

• nelsaphine
    nelsaphine Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    I seem to be fluctuating a lot. I thought I was up two pounds a week ago, but the number keeps going up and down, even when I'm weighing the same way/time everyday. This week (8 weeks) it looks like I'm maybe up a pound?

I can relate. I am also 8 weeks with fluctuating weight, I'm up 2 then down 3 then up 1...I can't say for sure if I've gained anything yet :) My first appointment is on the 15th & I'll be almost 10 weeks we'll see what the scale says then.
  • Alexz210
    Alexz210 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I was thinking of starting a weekly update on here of pounds gained.
    What my scale says at home is a bit different than at the doc's office...probably because of the difference in time of day, and the difference in my amount of clothing! Anyway, anyone is welcome to join me with weekly updates! It's exciting to start noticing a difference!!!

HEIGHT: 5'4"
    SW: 139
    11 Weeks: 137 -2
    13 Weeks: 137.6 -1.4 Total

According to my doctor's scale, I am up a pound. She weighed me first at 8 weeks, then again at 13. Either way, so far, so good. :)
  • meghanvest
    Options
    Height: 5'4
    SW: 116
    5 weeks: 115
    7 weeks: 116
    8 weeks: 114
  • ContraryMaryMary
    ContraryMaryMary Posts: 1,659 Member
    Options
    Hopped on the scale this morning to see my weight the same as my starting weight. Not really surprised as I've been sick and not eating much for the past week. So I got out the tape measure to see what's really going on. Obviously the belly is up but it seems I've lost 2cm from my thighs and 1cm from my hips! Wasn't expecting that. I was a bit worried that bubs wasn't getting enough food, but clearly it's just been taking it from my "reserves".
  • linwaggs
    linwaggs Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I'm 18 weeks +3d and up almost 9 pounds.
  • rainysue34
    rainysue34 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    16w3d

For the first two months or so I didn't realize I was pregnant so I was doing a small calorie reduction and a lot more exercising. I lost eight pounds and was finally back to 135 (my starting weight for my first pregnancy). Since finding out, I've gained back about four pounds. I'm currently about six pounds lighter than I was at this same point in my first pregnancy. Last time I gained 45pounds--definitely don't want to do that again...

At 20w3d now

Since my low point during the first trimester I've gained about eight pounds. So I am back at the weight I got pregnant at. I'm still quite a few pounds lighter than I was at this time last pregnancy so I'm hopeful that I'll have a more moderate total gain this time (instead of 45!). Though I've been feeling a lot hungrier the past two or three weeks than I was during the first trimester. I have a huge deadline at work coming up next week (actually several deadlines spread over three weeks). Once all of that is over I'm going to focus on keep my weight gain to 0.75 to 1 pound a week.
  • mrs_n0rris
    mrs_n0rris Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Hello all! I just got back from a doctor's appointment and am officially up 4 lbs at 16 weeks. This is my first time around so I'm assuming this is good ? The doctor said we were 'on track' (way to be vague, eh?) so I assume it's alright.
    We also got to hear Roo's heartbeat which was so nice! I haven't felt any movement yet so it's really nice to know things are good in there.
  • mommy_hood
    mommy_hood Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Starting Weight-225

Ovulation- 225.0
    5 weeks- 222.6
    10 weeks- 218.6
    15 weeks- 216.0

Haven't starting gaining yet still slowly losing... last appointment was at 13 weeks 4 days and my next appt will be at 18 weeks and hope to find out what the baby is... Doctor is fine with my weight loss so far because baby is growing good ... My last ultrasound at 11.5 weeks baby was 1 day ahead :)

I am still kinda tired and not very hungry throughout the day so I usually snack throughout the day and eat a substantial dinner... I do better on weekends with getting all my meals in but only because everyone is home and they are always hungry....I am only eating when hungry to try and prevent mindless junk eating...
  • jenluvsushi
    jenluvsushi Posts: 933 Member
    Options
    I weighed in today...what a mistake after eating a ton of birthday cake and restaurant food over the last few days. I am 20 weeks today and officially up 10 pounds. That is a two pound gain from last week. I only want to gain under 20 total so I am getting back on track STAT!
  • meghanvest
    Options
    Height:5'4
    SW: 116
    9 weeks: 115
    I keep gaining and losing the same 2 pounds, its making me crazy. I really need to start eating healthier food though before I just say screw it and live off of buttered toast LOL. Don't want to blow up like my first pregnancy, I tend to gain 3-4 pounds a week throughout my second trimester
  • Alexz210
    Alexz210 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    UPDATE!

HEIGHT: 5'4"
    SW: 139
    11 Weeks: 137 -2
    13 Weeks: 137.6 -1.4
    15 Weeks: 137 -2 TOTAL

Today is the first day that my stomach has a semi-looking baby bump. Up til now, I've just looked super bloated. I don't think it's worthy enough to post a photo, but maybe next week! When did you all start showing?
  • yahyamommy
    yahyamommy Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    This is my second pregnancy, 14 weeks along. Since my teenage i was afraid ill be a huge giant balloon, so I was very cautious during my first pregnancy and I did pretty well, I gained 9 kg and after 4 months of delivery I was back to my pre pregnancy weight (shy of 1 kg to be honest) I think that was all thanks BF. I never did diet or workout, coz recovery from c section and postpartum depression was too hard on me.

Now this pregnancy I continued to nurse my dd till 13 weeks, I tried it to be baby led but she wasnt ready yet, so I had to stop for daytime at 11 weeks one day and then at 13 weeks for night feeds. It was very heartbreakingfor both us, infact she is still finding it very hard at times, as she used to sleep while nursing.

I started this pregnancy, with 1kg loss, I was very happy and then I started to gain and now I am 2kgs up, last kg was gained in last 10 days. I think it may be coz of stopping BF, but I never wanted so quick weight gain. My aim is go for that 9 kg gain, which very ideal for me last time but this time it seems very hard. Anyways I have to put some effort now.

Height 5'6"

SW 167.5
    CW 172.8
    GW 185
  • MSpradling18
    MSpradling18 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    14 weeks today and still down 4.5 pounds. I'm happy that I'm all around smaller than I was at this point in my first pregnancy, but nervous that I haven't gained any weight or many inches (half an inch in the belly). I know I should be happy about this because once I start gaining weight I am going to be obsessed with not gaining too much, it's just really tough all around!
  • jenluvsushi
    jenluvsushi Posts: 933 Member
    Options
    Weighed in three pounds heavier today than I did last week.....I know it is water as I track everything but it still irks me. In fact, it was three pounds since YESTERDAY (I weighed in yesterday in the am too)! I am not eating a ton of sodium but I am swelling up pretty good by the end of the day (pitted edema)....ugh! I just have to keep telling myself, it is water....you are doing ok! My BP is still ok but I fully expect to get preeclampsia again (I have had it with every pregnancy). So as of today I am up either 10 pounds or 13 and I am 21 weeks today. I want to gain under 20 so it's not looking so great for that goal as of now :cry:
  • Nonnyette
    Nonnyette Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I've been off the boards for a long time but coming back now!

I'm 38 and this is my first pregnancy. My starting weight was 141 - which was after losing 7 pounds by developing good exercise habits. In the first trimester I went up to 147, then at my 16 week appointment I went up to 149 lbs. Imagine my shock when I went to my 20 week appointment last Friday and weighed in at 158! I can't figure out what happened - my diet hasn't changed that much apart from having one snack in the morning and another in the afternoon - usually a banana or a homemade muffin - and drinking more milk. But I have also been drinking fruit juice, which is something I never did before becoming pregnant, and I think that might have been what tipped the scales, so to speak. So no more fruit juice for me - back to water, milk and tea only. Also going to start drinking 1% milk rather than 2%. I'm a fairly small woman and I can't even imagine the trouble I'd be in if I gained 9 pounds every month from here on in. BIG PROBLEMS.

Off to the gym now...
  • dandelyon
    dandelyon Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    Hit my second trimester this weekend and weighed in this morning. I was utterly shocked that I hadn't gained anything. Two weeks ago, my doctor made me stop running after a scary bleed, so I figured it would catch up with me. Well, I can resume exercising now ... and it's time to gain a little weight, so here I go :P I upped my calories and just in time because I am STARVING today.
  • meghanvest
    Options
    Update 11 weeks and gained between 1.5 and 2 pounds. 5'4 starting weight 115. But....Morning sickness and heartburn just kicked in, which I did not have last time with my son. :'(
  • MSpradling18
    MSpradling18 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I've been really bad with tracking calories the last week and a half and I've gained 2 pounds since last week. Still down 2 pounds at 16 weeks but definitely have to get back on track.

Growth spurt in the belly though, saw a bunch of family who didn't know I was pregnant and they all brought it up. So I'm definitely showing enough for people who know me to guess I'm pregnant, that's exciting! With the right clothes I'll have strangers congratulating me soon.
  • HealthyBodySickMind
    HealthyBodySickMind Posts: 1,207 Member
    Options
    I'm into my second trimester now, and up 5 lbs from 115 to 120.
  • meghanvest
    Options
    12 weeks tomorrow and up 2.5 pounds. Starting weight 115ish and now 117.5 is this a good pace?