Sticky post requests

_Amy_Budd
_Amy_Budd Posts: 378 Member
Thanks to Dragonwolf for reaching out and requesting that the Recommended Reading post be a sticky in this group.

Are there any other threads that people think should be "stuck"?

Thanks...
Amy

Replies

• Dragonwolf
    Dragonwolf Posts: 5,600 Member
    I don't think this exists yet, but perhaps some kind of "Success Stories" thread that either has people's success stories on Paleo, or links to them? There's often a number of "Hi, I'm new, can others share their experiences?" posts, and it might help to have a place they can go to check those out.
  • Howbouto
    Howbouto Posts: 2,121 Member
    Also one about carb flu in the beginning, what to expect, how long will it last, ect.
  • AllanMisner
    AllanMisner Posts: 4,140 Member
    I get the idea of stick topics, but I hate when the first page of items for a group are all stickies. Can we be judicious on the number of stickies? Thanks!
  • Dragonwolf
    Dragonwolf Posts: 5,600 Member
    I get the idea of stick topics, but I hate when the first page of items for a group are all stickies. Can we be judicious on the number of stickies? Thanks!

Agreed, especially if it's the longer list view and it's still full. Perhaps have a consolidated "new here? Check this stuff out, first!" with links to places on various newbie topics (Recommended Reading could be linked from there, too).
  • _Amy_Budd
    Okay, so let's try to keep this thread bumped up and active for the next week or so, and people can say which things they feel are important enough to "stick", and we'll keep the top... let's say 5, as a soft target.

:)
    Amy
  • _Amy_Budd
    Bumping up for additional ideas...
  • Syriene
    Syriene Posts: 238

Agreed, especially if it's the longer list view and it's still full. Perhaps have a consolidated "new here? Check this stuff out, first!" with links to places on various newbie topics (Recommended Reading could be linked from there, too).

Sorry to be responding so late on this.
    This sounds like a great idea to have it all consolidated. I think a "what to expect" post would definitely help new people and success stories might help keep them on track.
  • bobbie1849
    bobbie1849 Posts: 4 Member
    I 2nd the "Success Stories." I'm a newbie and any motivation I can get from others is helpful.