New weekly Check-in 8/5 to 8/11

Options
teamryan90
teamryan90 Posts: 359 Member
Awesome job to all who completed Insanity last week and to those who are in their last week. Only 6% of people who start a home dvd workout program complete the whole program. I admit it can be a hard to do it alone. Motivation can be lost after the first week. Many expect to see a change in the first week and quit. Being in a group and holding yourself accountable will help you.

Great job to Cassi who completed her last week of Tai Cheng. Awesome job. I have Tai Cheng on my to do list.

Keep up the great work everyone.

Replies

• cassi9879
    cassi9879 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I didn't feel the Slim in 6 until bed time last night. I woke up with the same aches but still did it today. Not sure if it's the way Debbie's always telling you to breathe or something else but I keep getting lightheaded.
  • JonathanBB
    JonathanBB Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    If I had stayed on track I would be in the group nearing the end of Insanity. Instead, recurring lower back pain the morning after the Insanity workouts have led me to switch to Insanity 2 times a week with yoga 5 times a week and tennis on Thursday nights. Love the Insanity workouts but they are brutal even going at my own pace and focusing on form.

One of the surpising things about Insanity - when I went back to yoga I found my flexibillity had noticably increased.
  • JonathanBB
    JonathanBB Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    Forgot to add: I am in the begininning of Month 2 Week 2 (aka Week 6, which is really week 7 because they don't count the 6 days of recovery week workouts in the numbered weeks).
  • alexsandstrom1982
    Options
    Great job Cassi and Jonathan. Way to keep pressing play. You both are doing great. I am on my final week of Power 90. I am down 51 pounds since I started 84 days ago. I am really starting to notice the changes and am told almost daily by friends and colleagues that I have not seen in awhile. Its a great feeling.
  • joyincincy
    joyincincy Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Day 1 complete of Insanity today. Made sure to not overdo any kind of twist or hard stop on my ankle - as I certainly don't want to aggravate it and have to stop Insanity again. I do need to remember to not baby it too much, however, as I want to push myself hard. The fit test went well and I found it easier this time around than I did the very first time I completed it.
  • teamryan90
    teamryan90 Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    Day 1 complete of Insanity today. Made sure to not overdo any kind of twist or hard stop on my ankle - as I certainly don't want to aggravate it and have to stop Insanity again. I do need to remember to not baby it too much, however, as I want to push myself hard. The fit test went well and I found it easier this time around than I did the very first time I completed it.

Way to go on Day 1 fit test. I did my fit test but on a few exercises my shoulder and rotator cuff was telling me it still is not ready. I see my orthopedist and sports medicine doctor on Wednesday. I am debating on continuing and modifying or waiting until after my appointment. I really want to give Insanity 100% but do not feel like I can with my right shoulder having issues.
  • cassi9879
    cassi9879 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Wasn't really lightheaded today. I ignored Debbie's breathing technique for the most part so I think that's all it was.
  • joyincincy
    Options

Way to go on Day 1 fit test. I did my fit test but on a few exercises my shoulder and rotator cuff was telling me it still is not ready. I see my orthopedist and sports medicine doctor on Wednesday. I am debating on continuing and modifying or waiting until after my appointment. I really want to give Insanity 100% but do not feel like I can with my right shoulder having issues.

Oh no, that sucks. Well, you should be cautious with your shoulder for sure. Hopefully the docs tell you that it is fine and that it just might be sore for a little while, while working through the program. Good luck on Wednesday Ryan!
  • eating4me
    eating4me Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    My motivation to push play was definitely not there today, after returning from a week long vacation in Colorado. I did some fantastic hiking there, but otherwise, no daily exercise. I decided to repeat week 3, since I've been away for so long...and I think that is going to end up being a good plan. I did Plyometric Cardio today, and felt like I was going to die! I had to take more frequent breaks, but I still got through it. Afterwards, of course, I felt terrific. I'm looking forward to jumping back into the program, full force.
  • beckyyates
    Options
    8/7/2013 I am still currently doing Tony Hortons 10 minute trainers. I have been thinking about Turbofire or Focus T25 next. Since it is still Summer I may lean towards T25 since its only 25 minutes. I get plenty of other exercise running, biking, and hiking. Have a great week everyone.
  • LCFulmer
    LCFulmer Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    I'm in week 5 of Insanity and truly love it... I added P90X YogaX on Sunday's to help with much needed stretching. I love using DVD's to workout. I've already completed P90X last year as well as P90X/Insanity combine workout..I got the calender for that workout from Beach Body website. I've also completed XTrain by Cathe Friedrich.
  • joyincincy
    Options
    I'm in week 5 of Insanity and truly love it... I added P90X YogaX on Sunday's to help with much needed stretching. I love using DVD's to workout. I've already completed P90X last year as well as P90X/Insanity combine workout..I got the calender for that workout from Beach Body website. I've also completed XTrain by Cathe Friedrich.

WTG! Week five is a huge accomplishment and I can't wait to get there. Doing some yoga on the rest day is a very good idea, as this is something I need to work on. Thanks for the idea!
  • LCFulmer
    Options

WTG! Week five is a huge accomplishment and I can't wait to get there. Doing some yoga on the rest day is a very good idea, as this is something I need to work on. Thanks for the idea!

Thanks... doing the Yoga on rest day really helps. For the first time I was able to do a full hour of yoga. Take your time doing it though, start off with 15-30 min then work your way up. BTW I wear a HRM with every workout and its amazing how many calories are burned doing yoga.
  • alexsandstrom1982
    Options
    8/9/13 Power 90. I weighed in today and lost a few more pounds. I am down 54 pounds with 3 days left of Power 90. Thank you Coach Ryan and everyone else for your continued support and motivation. I have not been this healthy in over 15 years. I am getting very close to achieving my goals. This is truly and awesome feeling. You all can do it too. Keep pressing play and you will see results. :smile:
  • joyincincy
    Options

Thanks... doing the Yoga on rest day really helps. For the first time I was able to do a full hour of yoga. Take your time doing it though, start off with 15-30 min then work your way up. BTW I wear a HRM with every workout and its amazing how many calories are burned doing yoga.

I bet, I know in the past when I have done yoga I am a big sweaty mess! lol.
  • joyincincy
    Options

Update:
    I missed yesterday's workout, so I completed Day 3 today. Some things I noticed...
    1. I believe that I just might be a little better at this than I was the first time I attempted Insanity
    2. with my change in diet this week, omitting dairy and gluten, I believe I just might be sweating more than usual. Not sure if these are related, but I am OK with it and will view it as a bonus detox:)
    3. I am already feeling better, mentally, than I was at the beginning of the week. Stress was beginning to bring me down and today I just feel more calm about everything.
  • beckyyates
    Options
    8/10/13 minute trainers Tony Horton. I ate really well this week and made very workout count. I am really starting to see the changes on the scale and with several non scale victories. Keep up the great job eveyone.

Great job Joyincincy. That is great that Insanity is easier this time around. Keep at it. You got this.
  • eating4me
    eating4me Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Well, Week 3 of Insanity is complete! I feel so good after every single workout. It's great to see everyone else's success, too. Ryan, I hope you get your shoulder straightened out. I went through some severe shoulder issues many years ago...it was a long rehab for me, so I feel your pain & frustration.
  • LCFulmer
    Options
    Recovery week is done... today was a test because I didn't want to workout but I did anyway.... tomorrow Yoga and Monday 3rd Fit Test.
  • amina_a10
    amina_a10 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Week 3 of insanity is a wrap! Yesterday was rest day for me, today I start week 4, which is crazy!
    NOT the greatest week eating-wise for me... Lots of stress led to me eating more, embarassingly. I tried hard to make good choices although I did have some slip-ups, but made sure to not eat too much of these "cheats". Hoping to make up for it this week! One more week, and then it's recovery week (hallelujah)!