Day 4: August 4th

Options
Hey y'all! I thought for day 4 we would do something a little different. I want to share a tradition I started 5 years ago. August 4th has been a difficult day for me since 2008 when I left my abusive (now) ex husband. 8/4 was our wedding day. After feeling sad for about half of the day, I decided I would really focus on the positive, and make the day a really wonderful day! So, this topic update will be all about the happy and good parts of our day!!!

•What meal of the day did you just LOVE? Or, what has been your favorite healthy/low calorie meal lately?

•What NSV did you experience today? A NSV is a non-scale victory. Basically, a positive experience related to your weight loss journey that isn't tied to numbers on the scale!

•What's the best compliment you have received since you've started losing weight?

•What did you do today that made you proud?

•And, keeping each other accountable: What did you do for exercise today?

Have a beautiful day!!!

Replies

• ariel1116
    ariel1116 Posts: 555 Member
    Options
    •What meal of the day did you just LOVE? Or, what has been your favorite healthy/low calorie meal lately?
    Today i had shakeology its really yummy! I also love my homemade lettuce wraps!

•What NSV did you experience today? A NSV is a non-scale victory. Basically, a positive experience related to your weight loss journey that isn't tied to numbers on the scale!
    I lost 1inch on my waist!

•What's the best compliment you have received since you've started losing weight?
    well since i just started loosing weight i havent got any compliments only encouragement which is also great.

i got a lot of sleep

I didnt exercise today bc today was my rest day.
  • shipwrecks
    Options
    I didn't eat that amazing today. It was date night with the boyfriend and we had pasta. I don't usually eat pasta so it was a nice treat. I had a tomato basil tortellini which was absolutely delicious. I skipped the bread basket, alcoholic drinks and drank only water. I made sure to leave some food on my plate and doing all that really helped to lower my caloric intake. It's the little things sometimes.

•What NSV did you experience today? A NSV is a non-scale victory. Basically, a positive experience related to your weight loss journey that isn't tied to numbers on the scale! Today looking in the mirror I could see the difference in my body from the last three weeks of working out. It wasn't huge but it felt nice.

•What's the best compliment you have received since you've started losing weight? Not many yet. I suppose it's not such a big difference. I was whistled at by some men today though when I wore my black dress out for dinner.

•What did you do today that made you proud? Decided to walk home instead of take the bus. Get rid of some of those extra calories.

• jadelovesveg
    Options
    I made a veggie and bean chilli for dinner, with quinoa and fresh corn cobs. I love corn cobs! They are one of my favorite foods! Spread with just a little vitalite mmm they were sooo good!

•What NSV did you experience today? A NSV is a non-scale victory. Basically, a positive experience related to your weight loss journey that isn't tied to numbers on the scale! Today I hit my protein goal, only went 1g over my sugar goal :) tracking is making me realise that I eat pretty healthy after all - and I feel good about that :) (also, today I came on my period, and it made me realise that bloating is probably the reason I'm not seeing any difference in inches - I'm excited to measure again in a week and hopefully see a difference!)

•What's the best compliment you have received since you've started losing weight? I've had a few compliments about my arm and shoulder muscles.. I can definitely see a difference.

•What did you do today that made you proud? Nothing special, but normally I would use the first day of my period as an excuse to binge on chocolate, ice cream and crisps, but I didn't! I had a vegan gluten free donut for dessert and stopped there!

•And, keeping each other accountable: What did you do for exercise today? Just cycled to and from work. That was enough for today haha!
  • kaberget
    kaberget Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    What meal of the day did you just LOVE? Or, what has been your favorite healthy/low calorie meal lately? I was pretty happy with my lunch yesterday mostly just because it was something I threw together on the fly. I took half a roasted chicken breast that I had in the fridge, sliced it really thin and put it on a slice of really good Tuscan bread. I topped it with baby arugula and yellow grape tomatoes and thin provolone cheese and put it in the oven for for a few minutes. I served it with 2T Tzatziki (cucumber yogurt) sauce that I had in the fridge. It was really yummy!

•What NSV did you experience today? A NSV is a non-scale victory. Basically, a positive experience related to your weight loss journey that isn't tied to numbers on the scale! At my Body Pump class I was able to do every single Tricept Dip (where you hang off the bench and raise and lower yourself by bending your elbows). This was a huge accomplishment and I could really tell how much stronger I've gotten.

•What's the best compliment you have received since you've started losing weight? Just that I look good and people can tell I've lost weight.

•What did you do today that made you proud? See above NSV. :)

•And, keeping each other accountable: What did you do for exercise today? 60 minutes of a Body Pump class.
  • sasbw27
    sasbw27 Posts: 710 Member
    Options
    Dinner which was a chicken salad. Nothing special but it was good.

•What NSV did you experience today?
    Just liking the way I look in my clothes.

Nothing specific but my husband is really encouraging and throws compliments my way all the time.

Got my workout in.

Walked 3 miles and did a 10 minute ab workout video.
  • hawaiiblonde
    Options

I just love bagels and lox, and I found a 120 calorie bagel to put lox on! Add 1t of whipped cream cheese, 2oz lox and onions tomato and capers for a delicious and on plan lunch!!!

I felt like I was skinnier today. Feeling skinny is an amazing feeling!

Right after I got dressed and left my house, my sweet neighbor told me I was looking really good!

I'm proud I got my exercise in today. Bc right after I exercised, I had no energy whatsoever!

I walked to and from Safeway (50 mins), and then did 10 minutes of an workouts!

Have a beautiful day!!!
  • fiveoaks66
    fiveoaks66 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Hi all, late checking in, but better than never, right?

•What meal of the day did you just LOVE? Or, what has been your favorite healthy/low calorie meal lately? I love mashed potatoes. I made homemade pasta sauce with roasted eggplant and portobellos and julienned yellow squash, and served it over a scoop of instant mashed potatoes. It was so yum, and filling!

•What NSV did you experience today? I think there is a muscle line on the side of my thigh!

•What's the best compliment you have received since you've started losing weight? my son said it doesn't matter whether I lose weight or not- he said-youmgomout and run 5 miles while everyone else is still asleep- the important thing is that you're trying!

•What did you do today that made you proud? drank my protein shake

•And, keeping each other accountable: What did you do for exercise today? Pushed the law mower for 30 minutes and then lolled around by the pool
  • mraychel03
    Options

Umm. I like my egg salad sandwich. I usually try to stay away from bread because I like it so mucy. I just getting used to try to eat helthier.

My thighs feel harder. Makes me feel like I am using them.

Umm. Just started I haven't lost a lot.

I worked out even though I did not want to.

I play softball for about 50 minutes with the kiddos. Then I did a 38 minute Pure Cardio Insanity workout. I still have to stop a lot to breath but I am trying.
  • mraychel03
    Options
    Your food sounds delicious.