WW to MFP on IPAD

Options
Is there a way to convert WW points to MFP on my ipad? I hate to double journal!! I have the points calculator. I am starting the weight watchers points in 2 weeks and would like to be prepared.

Replies

• nishelby
    nishelby Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    you can actually add WW points to myfitnesspal. Its a few extra steps and installs, but it works.

How to add Momentum Points to your Myfitnesspal diary.

Here it is:

1. Install Firefox if you don't already have it on your PC
    2. Next go to Tools>Add-ons
    3. Search for "MyFitnessPal Weight Watchers Points” and install it.
    4. Restart your Firefox browser.
    6. On myfitnesspal go to the settings to modify the order in which nutrients are shown. The order needs to be Calories, then carbs, Then fat, then fiber and lastly Protein <----this file you just installed is only for PointsPlus and it rounds #s somewhat funny. The developer didn't want to fix it when I contacted him so I modified his file. Below is how to download and replace this file with the file I modified.
    7. You're almost done! Download the following file: https://dl.dropbox.com/u/20156778/myfitnesspal/script.js
    a. Steps: -Copy and paste the link to your browser. After it opens go to file>save page as> ….then save it to a location you will remember.
    8. Go back to your Tools>Add-Ons manager for firefox. Click on the tab "User Scripts"
    9. Find the script titled "MyFitnessPal Weight Watchers Points"
    10. RIGHT-CLICK on that script name and click "Open Containing Folder".
    11. Find the file you downloaded and saved to a location you would remember. You need to copy and paste this file to the "Open Containing Folder" location that just opened up on your screen.
    12. Finally, rename the copied and pasted file to match the name of the original script file that was already in that folder. You are basically replacing the old file with the file that you downloaded off the link I provided to you above. For example, the name will be something like "122949.user".
    13. Go to myfitnesspal and enter something in your diary. If your nutrients are in the order I explained in step 6 your Momentum/Flex points should show. Make sure it's correct so that we ascertain that you copied and pasted/replaced the old file with the new file correctly.
  • nishelby
    Options
    MADE CORRECTIONS TO STEPS:

you can actually add WW points to myfitnesspal. Its a few extra steps and installs, but it works.

How to add Momentum Points to your Myfitnesspal diary.

Here it is:

2. Go to http://userscripts.org/ and search for "MyFitnessPal Weight Watchers Points".

3. Download and Install.

4. Restart your Firefox browser.

5. On myfitnesspal go to the settings to modify the order in which nutrients are shown. The order needs to be Calories, then carbs, Then fat, then fiber and lastly Protein <----this file you just installed is only for PointsPlus and it rounds #s somewhat funny. The developer didn't want to fix it when I contacted him so I modified his file. Below is how to download and replace this file with the file I modified.

6. You're almost done! Download the following file: https://dl.dropbox.com/u/20156778/myfitnesspal/script.js
    a. Steps: -Copy and paste the link to your browser. After it opens go to file>save page as> ….then save it to a location you will remember.

7. Go back to your Tools>Add-Ons manager for firefox. Click on the tab "User Scripts"

8. Find the script titled "MyFitnessPal Weight Watchers Points"

9. RIGHT-CLICK on that script name and click "Open Containing Folder".

10. Find the file you downloaded and saved to a location you would remember. You need to copy and paste this file to the "Open Containing Folder" location that just opened up on your screen.

11. Finally, rename the copied and pasted file to match the name of the original script file that was already in that folder. You are basically replacing the old file with the file that you downloaded off the link I provided to you above. For example, the name will be something like "122949.user".

12. Go to myfitnesspal and enter something in your diary. If your nutrients are in the order I explained in step 6 your Momentum/Flex points should show. Make sure it's correct so that we ascertain that you copied and pasted/replaced the old file with the new file correctly.
  • nishelby
    Options
    Ugh. LAST CORRECTION:

How to add WW Momentum Points to your Myfitnesspal diary.
    Here it is:

2. Next go to Tools>Add-ons

3. Search for "greasemonkey" and install it. Restart your Firefox browser.

4. Install the following script: http://userscripts.org/scripts/show/122949.

5. On http://myfitnesspal.com/ go to the “Settings” to modify the order in which nutrients are shown. The order needs to be Calories, then carbs, Then fat, then fiber and lastly Protein <----this file you just installed is only for PointsPlus and it rounds #s somewhat funny. The developer didn't want to fix it when I contacted him so I modified his file. Below is how to download and replace this file with the file I modified.

6. You're almost done! Open the following script. https://dl.dropbox.com/u/20156778/myfitnesspal/script.js

a. Steps: After it opens go to file>save page as> ….then save it to a location you will remember.

7. Go back to your Tools>Add-Ons manager for firefox. Click on the tab "User Scripts"

8. Find the script titled "MyFitnessPal Weight Watchers Points"

9. RIGHT-CLICK on that script name and click "Open Containing Folder".

10. Find the file you downloaded in Step #6. You need to copy and paste this file to the "Open Containing Folder" location that just opened up on your screen.

11. Finally, rename the copied and pasted file to match the name of the original script file that was already in that folder. You are basically replacing the old file with the file that you downloaded off the link I provided to you above. For example, the name will be something like "122949.user".

12. Go to myfitnesspal and enter something in your diary. If your nutrients are in the order I explained in Step #5, your Momentum/Flex points should show. Make sure it's correct so that we ascertain that you copied and pasted/replaced the old file with the new file correctly.

-Add WW Points to MyFitnesspal - http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/10133-weight-watchers-360-old-points-of-mfp
  • naonah
    naonah Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Hi,

I'm thinking of doing WW again but via MFP. The I Irish question was not answered...or at least I don't think so. Can the WW PointsPlus be added and used via a mobile device (iPad and/or iPhone)?

Thanks!
  • Juliane_
    Juliane_ Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    Hi

The script only works on a desktop until mobile browsers begin supporting extension add ons.