Anyone starting this week?

Options
Hi, I am a new member and am looking for others who are starting. I have 20 pounds to loose and don't want to do it alone. Also, does anyone know how to get the BR exercised in the exercise log?

Replies

• MLCunningham2882
    MLCunningham2882 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hi!

I am starting tomorrow - and attempting to do the kick start week - I have about 30 to lose but my mini-goal is 10lbs. I'm not sure how I'll be logging the workouts yet, I was actually just logging on to ask the same question.

Feel free to add me if you want to track this 90 days together!

-Margaret
  • noemibp
    noemibp Posts: 167
    Options
    I am!!
    We'll suffer together!

You'll need a HRM, and then you can log your calories.
    Some people who doesn't have one, log it as circuit training.

I have a cheap one that I bought for 30 Euros (~40$)
  • Kandyhar
    Kandyhar Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Today was my first day! I'm doing the kickstart week and trying to follow the meal plan as close as possible. I did the yogurt for breakfast, vegetable soup with poached chicken for lunch, hummus for snack, and for dinner I made the lemon chicken with an arugula salad. So far so good but it's 7 pm here and I'm a late night snacker. I'm already worried I'm going to fall off the wagon diet wise but I'm really excited to start this program and get on track.

I did the workout 1 and cardio 1 back to back and burned 400 calories according to my Polar H7. I bought mine on amazon, it's just a chest strap and I downloaded an app called Digifit on my iphone to use it. It works really well and as long as you remember to turn your bluetooth off the battery will last a long time.
  • daterminedfatburnerX
    daterminedfatburnerX Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    next week for me
  • jcnut21
    jcnut21 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Hey guys! I just started today! I've got both the workouts done (I'm doing the metabolism boost for the first week). Feel free to add me - all the encouragement and motivation makes the world of a difference! :)
  • MLCunningham2882
    Options
    Nice!

I am also doing couch to 5k (I'm running about 20-25 min straight now). I went for a jog and then did workout 1. I'm also doing kickstart this week, and had yogurt, chef salad, hummus, and steak dinner. I could barely finish the lunch salad - but I'm sure that won't last.
  • heathercarver96
    heathercarver96 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Hi! I restarted this week!! I got all the way through the 2nd month but had family health issues! I am excited to start again! Feel free to add me for motivation cause I surely need it!
  • mzthang77
    mzthang77 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I started yesterday. I cant wait to see what these 90 days will bring!! Lets do this!!!
  • MLCunningham2882
    Options
    Is anyone else running (or something..) instead of doing the cardio DVD? I'm running about 2.5 miles instead of doing the cardio, I just can't hop around in my living room it drives me insane!
  • asbrassard91
    asbrassard91 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Hi guys!

I just started this week too. Today was my first day of Cardio 1. Hopping around my living room doesn't really drive me insane, but it makes my dog go absolutely crazy! She gets all worked up, chasing me and trying to play. I'd love to hear other ideas for cardio, preferably ones that won't make my dog feel the need to attack me in the process! Maybe I should take her for a run with me?
  • mzthang77
    mzthang77 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I actually really liked the Cardio 1 workout. I felt like I got a good sweat. Those suicides really kicked my *kitten*!!
  • aquarabbit
    aquarabbit Posts: 1,622 Member
    Options
    Is anyone else running (or something..) instead of doing the cardio DVD? I'm running about 2.5 miles instead of doing the cardio, I just can't hop around in my living room it drives me insane!

I am not a fan of the cardio. Luckily, I have a ton of fitness dvd's from over the years. So I'm subbing Cardio 1 with Brazil Butt Lift, Cardio 2 with Turbo Jam Cardio Party, and Cardio 3 with Insanity's Pure Cardio. I found that the cardios were too boring and the exercises weren't fast or difficult enough to keep my mind off of how much I hate cardio. The other workouts are. I need to be completely distracted with form and speed in order to get through a session. I also get a better calorie burn and higher heart rate.
  • MLCunningham2882
    Options
    Thanks! I used to be a spinning instructor so I think I just have a hard time being indoors or not being the person yelling :) I may try the cardio dvd for insanity, I'm pretty sure I have it somewhere.
  • noemibp
    Options
    I'm doing a runkeeper training plan, too. 10k sub 55, because I have a race in 35 days.
    I find that I can run better if I combine running with Jillian's workouts.
    It's tough, but it pays off!
  • noemibp
    Options
    Some pics and numbers.

Starting date 8 - 05 - 13
    10803348774_5f8e85d669_o.jpg
    Weight: 133 lb (60,4 kg) Fat: 29,3% Muscle mass: 34,8%

Week 10: 10 - 22 - 13
    10474390455_94b5b0e966_o.jpg
    Weight: 127,42 lb (57,8 kg) this was my lowest weight. (I don't have fat or muscle mass measurements for that day, sorry)

Final picture (from last sunday):
    10803222215_f962b257b2_o.jpg
    Weight: 132,05 (59,9kg)

And after my rest day, the final numbers are:
    Weight: 130,51 (59,2kg) This seems to fluctuate between 130 and 128 lbs ALL THE TIME. Grrr.
    Fat: 27,4%
    Muscle mass: 35,2%

Not impressed with the weight loss (2,64 lb), but I didn't follow the meal plan so I can't complain. Very happy with the general loss in volume (I've lost a size) and the definition in my arms, abs and legs. (And my @ss is hard as a rock :bigsmile: )

Do I recommend this plan? Yes, ABSolutely!
  • noemibp
    Options
    (How is that I can't edit my previous post? I found out: you can only edit for one hour after you have posted it)

I was trying to add that the weight results could've been better if I hadn't eat as if it was the end of the world last weekend.
    On 11 - 04 - 2013 the numbers were:
    Weight:128,52 lb (58,3kg)
    Fat: 26,6%
    Muscle mass: 35,5