TUESDAY, AUGUST 6TH

Options
HELLO!!!
I'm away on a little cycling trip with a couple of friends this week - I'm hoping that the daily cycling will balance the food :) I look forward to reading your posts and will check-in when I'm back at the end of the week.

Fingers crossed for all of you!!!

Replies

• zacksnana
    zacksnana Posts: 3,230 Member
    Options
    Glad you posted this early - i am leaving for vacation in the morning and may not get a chance to post Tuesday.

Start weight 193.8

Last week 189
    This week. 184.7

Loss this week 4.3

GOAL - not to gain it back during vacation!!!
  • gwangjujulie
    Options
    SW: 204.5

LW: 197.5

TW: 198.8

My vacation was the end of last week (Thurs-Sun), I spent it cycling from Sangju to Busan - including cycling to bus terminals thats was about 340km. I carried a tent and food, and I know I barely ate enough to reach my normal calorie allowance, never mind the extra 8480 calories I burnt (surely thats 2.5lbs of fat loss right there!), and yet today I got on the scales and am 1lb heavier. It just doesnt seem fair :noway:

I've done a bit of reseach and it looks like it could just be the muscles retaining water to help protect/repair them so I'm not going to get too worried, its just really disheartening! Amazing holiday though :smile:
  • prayaas
    prayaas Posts: 30
    Options
    Yes :happy: lost 1 more kg this week :bigsmile:
    Thanks gwangjujulie:flowerforyou: I tried your idea of not logging in every meal but eating sensibly at the same time !!
    I used to indulge my sweet tooth every now & then when I used to be under my calorie goal & that used to hamper my weight loss!
    However this week I am going to try logging in every day again & see the difference.
    I have started working out this month & I hope I can do it regularly.

Good luck to all !
    This Thursday I am planning to indulge myself on my birthday and finally have that piece of chocolate cake :wink:
    Hope I can still post a loss next Tuesday :smile:
  • ECTexan
    ECTexan Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    SW: 257
    LW: 231
    CW: 230

I'm glad to have lost a pound, but I'm disappointed it's only 1. I worked real hard this week to try and break the 220's so I don't know why that didn't happen.
  • gwangjujulie
    Options

I'm glad to have lost a pound, but I'm disappointed it's only 1. I worked real hard this week to try and break the 220's so I don't know why that didn't happen.

Istarr09 You've been doing amazingly, just remember the more you lose weightloss will slow down. 1-2lbs a week is a healthy amount to lose. Maybe you didnt eat enough for your body to lose weight? I just looked at your diary and you're working out lots which is good but have a couple of days that are way too low on calories, for healthy sustainable weightloss as an absolute minimum you really shouldnt be going under 1000 on a regular basis.
  • kinismar8
    Options
    Not a good week for me I gained 2 pounds. I was sick this week and comfort food was the order of the day. I am so annoyed with myself. You would think after all this time I would have a better handle on all of this!!! Enough of the pity party, it's back to work for me. I am determined to have a great weight loss next week.
  • Diamond05
    Diamond05 Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    No change for me..... I'm really out of track a lot of the time! I did so good then drank a bit too much on the weekend and the day after I didn't want to know nothing about vegetables...or anything healthy! HuH! No drinking for a While for me! See you next week at 214!! This week is the good one
  • ECTexan
    ECTexan Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    You're right, I definitely have some areas in need of improvement! On the weekends I usually eat very, very little. And I am lucky if I drink 2 bottles worth of water each day. I'm never thirsty. I will have to work on those things to keep up my progress. Thanks :)

[/quote]

Istarr09 You've been doing amazingly, just remember the more you lose weightloss will slow down. 1-2lbs a week is a healthy amount to lose. Maybe you didnt eat enough for your body to lose weight? I just looked at your diary and you're working out lots which is good but have a couple of days that are way too low on calories, for healthy sustainable weightloss as an absolute minimum you really shouldnt be going under 1000 on a regular basis.
    [/quote]