jenniejengin
jenniejengin Posts: 785 Member
Hi,

My name is____________________________
My age is______________________________
My height is____________________________
My weight is____________________________
My measurements are____________________

A little about yourself/goals _____________________________________________________________________________ _________________________________________________________________________________________________ ______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Replies

• jenniejengin
    Options
    Hello,

I am Jen. I weight 125 lbs. My height is 5'3 1/2', I am 48 years of age, I am here to try to run for a long period of time. I hope that I can succeed. I am a grandmom of 3 and want to have enough wind to chase them down.....lol. I think that I will start today, but not in week one. I am thinking maybe week 4 or 5, not sure.
  • jenniejengin
    Options
    I started at week 6 and it was fairly easy and so that is where I will start my challenge at.
  • NuggetLovesEdie
    NuggetLovesEdie Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    Hi.

My name is Robin and I HATE running... like would only do it willingly if I were being chased by something REALLY scary.

But I have this beautiful golden retriever service dog, who would probably enjoy getting a little faster pace of exercise than just walking. And I live in a place with a lot of hills. It's been about 5 years since I had any significant cardiovascular fitness, and gained about 40 pounds due to a medication I needed when I was ill.

Losing the last 20 pounds of this weight, getting my financial fitness back, and being more physically active are the few remaining hurdles to full recovery from my illness.

I'll give this walk-to-run thing a shot. Because if I can do it (and I hate running), I'm sure anyone else can as well.

Plus it would be fun to do some more mini-triathalons and not have to walk the 5K!
  • paspiegel
    paspiegel Posts: 1
    Options
    Hi, I'm Phyllis and I am 45. I have been jogging on and off for about a year but am not making much progress. I am wanting to train for a 5K though not sure I have the courage to actually run one but want to be fit enough to do it. Based on other comments I will start on week 5 or 6 and see how I do and then move on from there. I think I basically give in every time I get start feeling the burn or get winded because I run alone and there is no one to push me. Am hoping this group will encourage me from afar.
  • alisa529
    alisa529 Posts: 1
    Options
    Hi, My name is Alisa. I weight 131 pounds, am 5'4" and am 40 years old. I have been doing interval running for a year or so and not making much progress in distance or time so am hoping that maybe this will push me more. I am not sure yet which week I will start on but will figure that out and start on Monday!
  • Tazietd
    Tazietd Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hey, My name is Tara, I am 42 yrs old, weigh 212lbs, and am 5'7. I was in the USMC for 6yrs (out in 1995) and used to run. Now I have had 3 back surgeries and gotten way over weight. I joined Quick Weight Loss Center here in Atlanta to work on getting some lbs off and am committing to get back in shape. I have been doing long distance walking (1/2 marathons, and even the Susan G Komen 60mile walk) and trained and did ok for those (although I am always sore) but I really want to learn to run again. I have just started trying - doing the walk/jog thing 4x. Times for a 5K are around 47-50min. but need some help so I thought I would join this group. I have 2 5K's scheduled in Nov. (1mth away) so wish me luck.
  • Eldee36
    Eldee36 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Hi. I'm Linda, 66 years old, 5"2", 219 pounds, and retired. Starting from a basically sedentary lifestyle, I'll definitely start on week 1. Pretty sure the jogging segments will be difficult for me since I feel my balance is all out of whack. But I'm going to give it a try. I like that the weekly progression is all laid out. My treadmill has been sleeping undisturbed for most of the time that I've owned it. Think I'll shake it awake tomorrow and see how this goes.