Options
servilia
servilia Posts: 3,452 Member
I'm making chicken paprikas tonight :)

Replies

• redheadmommy
    redheadmommy Posts: 908 Member
    Options
    Yammmm! Post your recipe! I am really interested how diffident people cook the same dish. I am going to do Cauliflower casserole tonight
  • servilia
    Options
    Well I didn't make it in the traditional way at all - just warning you so you don't make fun ok? lol I made it a bit on the spicy side.

Started with a little oil, sauteed my chopped onion. Chopped a tomato, sauteed that too. Threw in a nice teaspoon of Eros Pista (for those who don't know this is a Hungarian chili pepper paste/concoction), a teaspoon of Oncu (Turkish spicy paprika flakes). Stir. Add my chicken breasts. I cut them into 1.5 inch cubes for faster cooking. Added the actual paprika powder and salt and pepper. Boiled it for a bit, then turned the heat down and let it cook until it was done.
    Yeah not very traditional (no roux or sour cream) but I basically wanted a tasty chicken dish for my protein :) And my husband likes it.
  • redheadmommy
    redheadmommy Posts: 908 Member
    Options
    I alter my recipes all the time ! what are you serving with it?
  • servilia
    Options
    Usually I'd serve pasta with it for my husband but this time I made brown rice. I find the sauce mixes real nicely with the rice.
  • gabered
    gabered Posts: 5
    Options
    That sounds great! Without the sourcream I think it's considered more like a pörkölt

Csirkemell pörkölt recept
    Kategória:
    Húsételek

Hozzávalók:
    60 dkg csirkemell (chicken)
    1 paprika (paprika)
    1 paradicsom (Tomatoe)
    1 fej vöröshagyma (onions)
    1 ek pirospaprika (spicier paprika)

I am hungry already!