over did it last night

Options
doherty1977
doherty1977 Posts: 13 Member
Ok, it was the night before also! Hubby decided we were having a "cheat" night. As in, not being worried about our diets. I felt horrible afterward. i had ice cream, pretzels, and peanut butter cups. Last night, the kids were in bed and hubby went out and there I was again...... I finished off the peanut butter cups and pretzels (the ice cream was gone the first night). I'm trying very hard not to be too down about it. Just pick myself up and keep going, but I have so many guilty feelings about this. So I woke up and did an hour of Zumba. Still feeling down, but trying to get over it.

Replies

• Eldee36
    Eldee36 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Just did a little backtracking and saw that you gave some excellent advice to another member about being human and getting back on track. An hour of Zumba should have literally shaken off some of that guilt...LOL Now, take a deep breath, rejoice in your achievements, and carry on. :)
  • SteelySunshine
    SteelySunshine Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    This really is a learning process. It has taken me literally decades to figure out what works for me. I wish this kind of thing was available to me when I was in my late teens instead of when I am nearly 50. What I have learned is making sure I get enough fiber, fat, and protein really cuts down on the emotional eating as in I rarely do it anymore. When I do have an urge to emotional eat then I get something like a bowl of veggies and a bit of dressing. Or a bag of baby carrots. It might not eliminate the behavior completely but it sure cuts down on the damage that behavior can do. I think it might work for the concept of cheat days as well. It's very hard to over eat when you meet all your nutritional needs ie fat fiber protein. Then you can have that occasional treat without breaking your calorie budget.