August 6th

Options
HealthFitNow
HealthFitNow Posts: 1,205 Member
PRAY: Dear God, open our eyes and hearts to understand what Jesus wants us to learn today. Amen

READ:
[url] http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=john 10:7-21&version=GNT;ERV;NCV;NLT;NIV [/url]

John 10:7-21
King James Version (KJV)
7 Then said Jesus unto them again, Verily, verily, I say unto you, I am the door of the sheep.
8 All that ever came before me are thieves and robbers: but the sheep did not hear them.
9 I am the door: by me if any man enter in, he shall be saved, and shall go in and out, and find pasture.
10 The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.
11 I am the good shepherd: the good shepherd giveth his life for the sheep.
12 But he that is an hireling, and not the shepherd, whose own the sheep are not, seeth the wolf coming, and leaveth the sheep, and fleeth: and the wolf catcheth them, and scattereth the sheep.
13 The hireling fleeth, because he is an hireling, and careth not for the sheep.
14 I am the good shepherd, and know my sheep, and am known of mine.
15 As the Father knoweth me, even so know I the Father: and I lay down my life for the sheep.
16 And other sheep I have, which are not of this fold: them also I must bring, and they shall hear my voice; and there shall be one fold, and one shepherd.
17 Therefore doth my Father love me, because I lay down my life, that I might take it again.
18 No man taketh it from me, but I lay it down of myself. I have power to lay it down, and I have power to take it again. This commandment have I received of my Father.
19 There was a division therefore again among the Jews for these sayings.
20 And many of them said, He hath a devil, and is mad; why hear ye him?
21 Others said, These are not the words of him that hath a devil. Can a devil open the eyes of the blind?

OBSERVE:
Take a moment and write down three observations of the verses. What strikes you? An observation is an observable fact from the Word.

INTERPRETATION:

What do you interpret these verses to mean for you today?

APPLY

Today, I learned _____________________________________and apply it to my life

PRAYER: Dear God, thank you for laying down your life for me. Help me to honor you, that you may be glorified in my health and discipline. Amen

Replies

• HealthFitNow
    HealthFitNow Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options
    PRAY: Dear God, open our eyes and hearts to understand what Jesus wants us to learn today. Amen

READ:
    [url] http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=john 10:7-21&version=GNT;ERV;NCV;NLT;NIV [/url]

King James Version (KJV)
    7 Then said Jesus unto them again, Verily, verily, I say unto you, I am the door of the sheep.
    8 All that ever came before me are thieves and robbers: but the sheep did not hear them.
    9 I am the door: by me if any man enter in, he shall be saved, and shall go in and out, and find pasture.
    10 The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.
    12 But he that is an hireling, and not the shepherd, whose own the sheep are not, seeth the wolf coming, and leaveth the sheep, and fleeth: and the wolf catcheth them, and scattereth the sheep.
    13 The hireling fleeth, because he is an hireling, and careth not for the sheep.
    15 As the Father knoweth me, even so know I the Father: and I lay down my life for the sheep.
    16 And other sheep I have, which are not of this fold: them also I must bring, and they shall hear my voice; and there shall be one fold, and one shepherd.
    17 Therefore doth my Father love me, because I lay down my life, that I might take it again.
    18 No man taketh it from me, but I lay it down of myself. I have power to lay it down, and I have power to take it again. This commandment have I received of my Father.
    21 Others said, These are not the words of him that hath a devil. Can a devil open the eyes of the blind?

OBSERVE:
    Take a moment and write down three observations of the verses. What strikes you? An observation is an observable fact from the Word.
    1. Jesus is the good shepherd

2. He cares for his sheep (us) not as a hireling but one who is responsible

3. He laid down his life for me

INTERPRETATION:

Jesus cares for me and has given his life for me out of his choice. No one took it from him. He gave it for me. I am safe and saved because of Jesus' love and care.

APPLY

Today, I learned Jesus loves me and gave his life for me, caring for me as an owner/shepherd cares for sheep, not has a low paid hireling.

PRAYER: Dear God, thank you for laying down your life for me. Help me to honor you, that you may be glorified in my health and discipline. Amen
  • mayancoh
    mayancoh Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    OBSERVE:
    1. Jesus is the good shepherd who will give his life for his flock
    2. Jesus knows his sheep
    3. Jesus chose to lay down his life - no one did it to him

INTERPRETATION:

True love is when you stick to whoever you love and don’t run away in face of danger. Also no one is to blame for the death of Jesus – he chose to give up his life for us and so we must not blame anyone else

APPLY
    Today, I learned that love is shown through action – standing by the person you love no matter what is coming, and apply it to my life by standing by the ones I love

• BBeccaJean
    BBeccaJean Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    Observations and Interpretation:

1. The thief comes to steal, kill and destroy. Every destructive thing (even self-destructing behavior) is not from God.

2. Jesus died and rose again to provide us with abundant life. God wants us to live a fulfilled and joyful life.

3. Jesus is calling the pharisees "hired men"...which I found on chuck warnock's blog is a reference to Ezekiel 34:3-5:
    “You eat the fat and clothe yourselves with the wool, you slaughter the fat sheep without feeding the flock.
    “Those who are sickly you have not strengthened, the diseased you have not healed, the broken you have not bound up, the scattered you have not brought back, nor have you sought for the lost; but with force and with severity you have dominated them.
    “They were scattered for lack of a shepherd, and they became food for every beast of the field and were scattered.

Application:
    Today I am reminded that God wants us to live a fulfilled and joyful life. He wants to strengthen, heal, and bring us back to Himself.

Prayer:
    Father, I pray that I would live in light of the reality that you are Good and have provided us with the ability to live abundantly. Please help us not be consumed by the things that can steal, kill or destroy us (literally and figuratively)!
  • AnneMarieCaroline
    Options
    OBSERVE:
    1. If we live in Jesus, we can "go in and out" (live our lives fully and in Him) and "find pasture" (He gives us what we need and sustains us.

2. Jesus laid down His life of His own free will and out of His amazing love for each one of us.

3. In Jesus' hands, we are safe - none can snatch away anyone whom Jesus holds.

INTERPRETATION:

To me, they mean that Jesus is all in all. He created us out of love and for love, because He loved us before we were even conceived. He will also take care of us in all our needs, spiritual as well as temporal. He calls me to believe in His mercy and trust in His goodness.

APPLY

Today, I learned to give to Jesus my cares, joys, sufferings, works, etc. of each day and then rest in His heart knowing I will be provided for and apply it to my life

[/quote]
  • Gwen_B
    Gwen_B Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    OBSERVE:
    1. Jesus says if anyone enters by Me, he will be saved,

2. Jesus says I am the good shepherd; and I know My sheep, and am known by My own.

3. There was a division again among the Jews because of these sayings, some believe some did not.

INTERPRETATION:

Jesus loves me because He laid down His life for me.

APPLY

Today, I learned _through the difficulties of life I need to always remember what He has done for me_and apply it to my life

• MissSharon2013
    MissSharon2013 Posts: 536 Member
    Options

READ:
    http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=john 10:7-21&version=GNT;ERV;NCV;NLT;NIV

King James Version (KJV)

OBSERVE:
    1. Satans job is to steal, kill and destroy.

2. We are the sheep. And because He is the owner of the sheep, He would care for us more than someone who is just a hired person would.

3. Jesus chose to lay down His life for us. No one forced Him to do it.

INTERPRETATION:

What do you interpret these verses to mean for you today? There's only one way into heaven and that is through Jesus; and anyone coming in any other way is a thief and a robber. Jesus knows us be ause we are His and He will love and care for us. He loved us very much and also He wanted to be in the will of His father.

APPLY

Today, I learned that Jesus is the way, the truth and the light. I can lean on Him in all times and He will answer me because He loves and cares for us.