Started 5th August

Options
miamiink89
miamiink89 Posts: 103 Member
Hey,
I just started insanity yesterday. If anyone started at roughly the same time then please feel free to add me. I'm sure we could all do with support :)

Replies

• skrakalaka
    skrakalaka Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    I just started yetserday too with the fit test. Will be doing the plyo cardio something one today after my nap.
  • bch05d
    bch05d Posts: 1
    Options
    I started yesterday as well. I'm already so sore from that fit test. Worried about Plyo today. I have a coworker who is now in week 3. She has been very encouraging. She says once you see it paying off it will be all the motivation you need. She already has major improvements.
  • callmemaui
    callmemaui Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I started yesterday too with the fit test. My legs were so heavy by the end of it! Did the plyo cardio today! I could not follow through with every single exercise, but I did finish strong. Let me just say that basketball drills are the devil. By the time I got down to do one push up, they were already on their way up. I have lots of work to do. I did turn off the video once and said forget this! But I forced myself to turn it back on and finish. It's going to be a tough 2 months. Good luck!
  • brittany8712
    Options
    I started yesterday as well! Let's motivate each other! I tried insanity before but could never follow the program exactly...this time I am determined to finish it completely! I am so sore today already, but will keep pushing through! :)
  • miamiink89
    Options
    It's great that there are a few of us who started at the same time :)
    I did not enjoy the plyo circuit! The push-up combination thing was a killer! I just don't have the speed. Hopefully in a few weeks I will be better.
  • UnicornBaconsEsq
    Options
    I started July 22, so I'm just going into my 3rd week and just finished day 16. I just wanted to pop in and say that the first few days are the absolute worst and if you can make it through those you can get through anything.

I used to hate the plyo cardio circuit the most, I would pretty much want to throw up by the second set of exercises but now I can almost make it through the whole thing without stopping to rest. I had it today and I couldn't believe how much more I can keep up.

It doesn't get easy but you get stronger fast and it does get a lot better. I think the soreness mostly went away after a few days too. I did my second fit test yesterday and I couldn't believe how much higher my numbers on everything were.

There are days where you're not going to want to do it at all, but just keep going. Put in the DVD and do as much as you can on those days. I promise all that hard work really pays off fast, so hang in there. :smile:
  • miamiink89
    Options
    Thanks for your message. I'm glad I'm not the only one who wanted to throw up during plyo circuit!
    I guess I will have to grit my teeth and work through the pain! I can't wait to be further a head so I know what to expect etc.
    good luck with the rest of insanity.
  • skrakalaka
    skrakalaka Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    I don't know if it's Insanity or night shift but I'm crazy hungry....
  • brittany8712
    Options
    Yes the plyo circuit is AWEFUL! That last set of exercises is very difficult right now, but I am excited to see the progress!
  • exealous
    exealous Posts: 10
    Options
    Yes the plyo circuit is AWEFUL! That last set of exercises is very difficult right now, but I am excited to see the progress!

Totally agreed!!

I'm just pleased that I got through the first week \o/ yay :)