Looking for pre-surgery preparation suggestions

Options
2»

Replies

• dr2k12
    dr2k12 Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    Get into a fitness routine, even if it's just taking a walk a few times a week

If you are a coffee/soda drinker might as well get that out of the way now

Try your best to loosen up your schedule for the couple weeks leading up to your surgery, if your Surgeon has you do the two-week liquid diet you are going to be MISERABLE so will want plenty of time to yourself

Hope that helps, best of luck!
  • Kristi_Hercenberg
    Kristi_Hercenberg Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    bump.. i wanna keep reading this
  • steffyp01
    steffyp01 Posts: 34
    Options
    All of the above suggestions are all really great. One thing I did was buy baby plates with the three sections. A saucer will work but i thought the 3 sections were good especially when you are on pureed foods so things don't run together. Also when you are weighing and measuring. I got a digital scale, and one mind trick is to weigh in grams instead of ounces. It looks like you are getting more in grams. Good luck to you!
  • garber6th
    garber6th Posts: 1,894 Member
    Options
    I am so glad to see all these tips, I should be getting my surgery date very soon and I just wasn't sure how to prepare for life post-surgery! Thanks everyone!
  • MaggyMaizy2
    MaggyMaizy2 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    These are all absolutely the best suggestions that I wish I knew BEFORE :mad: my surgery. The only thing I was told was to chew slowly. I had a really rough few months. Thanks to all the wonderful people on MFP, I have learned how to live well with RNY. For anyone contemplating WLS, copy and paste these suggestions and live by them!

Best wishes!
  • karmahealer
    karmahealer Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    These are great tips :) planning to write them all down and keep them handy
  • nickychicky
    Options
    GET EXCITED. For your new life