Halloween Costumes?

Options
rgugs13
rgugs13 Posts: 197 Member
Hey all!

I thought it would be fun to share what Halloween costumes everybody is looking at! I'm not sure what I want yet, though I have a few ideas bouncing around!

Rachel

Replies

• RingTailedFox
    RingTailedFox Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I plan on being a Las Vegas Showgirl. I need to get sewing!
  • ariel1116
    ariel1116 Posts: 555 Member
    Options
    Im going to be a police officer
  • tmm_0127
    tmm_0127 Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    Irisa Nyira from Defiance. :)

I ordered my wig a week ago and I'm borrowing a jacket from my sister that's very similar to the one in this photo:

defiance-video-games-jy-672-x-large.jpg

I'm going to keep the rest of it pretty simple - I need to make the leg satchels myself, and if I can get down to the optomitrist in time I'll order contacts with my prescription in them so I don't also have to wear my glasses.

Irisa_Nyira.jpg

I'm going to get paint for the markings on her forehead and jaw, but unless I can find a prosthetic to make the bridge of my nose wider I'm going to leave that out for now (also making this outfit to be worn for comic-con next year so my end result by Halloween might not be the totally finished product!). I have plenty of boots to choose from but I might buy some killer boots to better match what she has, and I'll grab something from a second hand store for her belly-sweater. I'm still debating whether or not to buy her necklace, there are a few people who've made them and are selling them on Esty.
  • clarkeje1
    clarkeje1 Posts: 1,638 Member
    Options
    Cute idea :) I'm not sure what I want to be yet, my bf and I will prolly have costumes that go together. Last time we dressed up we were Waldo from where's waldo and Carmen Sandiego from where in the world is carmen sandiego.
  • Dedicated_Macy
    Options
    Oh I love the idea of talking about costumes! I have no idea what I want to be yet but I know I want it to be tighter then it was last year! ;)

I like this idea because I'm obsessed with Disney haha

e4b9bad644c3f7d6b31dfb2a7f65e191.jpg
  • rgugs13
    rgugs13 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Everybody is planning some neat costumes! I miss the days I could make really detailed costumes. :( I used to sew a lot, but now I travel for work, so it is much harder to plan! I could be in Alaska, Seattle, or Kansas (or somewhere in between, come to think of it!) this Halloween, and I won't know until middle of October, or even a few days before! I am tempted to just get one of the costume tank top style dresses! They are only about $30 and easily packed in my suitcase. There was a Woody Toy Story one I thought was cute, and I also thought about making an old style gameboy dress after seeing some examples from a few years back. I really wish I had time to make an awesome steampunk outfit!

Rachel
  • Dedicated_Macy
    Options
    Rachel, I totally know what you mean!!

I don't want to buy/make a costume too early and it be too big or too small! Sounds like you have a good plan though :)

Here is another idea I found:

8a2a0f35c68a129d92058e2a9b07f1e8.jpg
  • geonbaeLeilee
    geonbaeLeilee Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    I actually don't celebrate Halloween. :( However, I always wear cat ears to work. So I guess I'm going as an anime character?

I've always wanted to cosplay and go to an anime convention, so does that count? XD
  • Geekyfatgirl
    Geekyfatgirl Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I have no idea what I would dress up as. Part of me wants to be Emily from Corpse Bride, then the other wants me to cosplay as one of my original characters.
  • hmhteacher
    hmhteacher Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Hhmmmm I will have to give this some thought. I usually look at costumes and quickly decide that I am way to big for any of them and instead create an excuse not to attend any parties. Maybe this year will be different ????
  • sinisterspace
    sinisterspace Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I don't typically dress up for halloween..... but all of those ideas are awesome. However, my little baby is going to be snow white :) She will be about 4 months come halloween and has the darkest of hair and lots of it and big blue eyes. I'd say that's a perfect little match for sweet snow white. :)