Exercise

Options
lizz2013
lizz2013 Posts: 331 Member
So who is working out on this diet? The book suggests that you can workout as much as you like on fast day or non fast days, but I find that if I'm doing a big workout I have to have a good meal before or I feel faint (that's in normal life, not just because of the diet)

I'm swimming, doing weights and yoga; hoping to start running again soon.

Replies

• laserqueen
    laserqueen Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Well, right now I am moving furniture around the house and many trips up and down stairs after work. My goal is to put my yoga routine back in my life- I know it is good for me in so many ways- it feels wonderful everytime. The next few weeks I hope to have all of my ex's things returned to him and a lot of stuff sent off to Goodwill. In September, I will get back on my bicycle....
  • auntjenny74
    auntjenny74 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I have a long history of running but haven't been doing so for a while. I do a lot of walking and some cycling, and also yoga and some tabata-type workouts as well. Since I exercise in the morning, it doesn't really affect me because I work out before the hunger hits. Once I am running again, I know I will need to start the habit of pre-run snacking on the day following a fast.
  • CynthiaEvans
    CynthiaEvans Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I do a Zumba class one or two days a week and work out at the gym 2 to 3 days a week.
  • johnna1212
    johnna1212 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I am doing the 30 day shred. I am on Day 28. I am going to start alternating level 2 and 3 when I finish. I also walk/jog 5 miles everyday.
  • littlegem65
    littlegem65 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I am walking 4 miles per hour on Mondays through Fridays. I hope to add weights soon.
  • luvsunshine1
    luvsunshine1 Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    Today is actually my first fast day and I decided not to work out on the fast days for now, maybe a walk.
    Other days, I alternate biking, yoga, and walk/hiking. I love exercising- that's never been my problem, it's what and how much I eat. Hoping this helps with that problem.
  • sanjoparolas
    sanjoparolas Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    I do body weight circuits, tabatas, walking, and yoga. I don't devote a lot of time to exercise for its own sake, but I want to be fit and healthy and ready for any fun that life throws my way!
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    NewLIFEstyle4ME Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    I'll be doing 30-60 minutes of outside walking w/old school gymnastic stuff (sit-ups, push-ups, stretches, squats...stuff like that for a few minutes each day of my fast) and/or inside Walking Away The Pounds videos with Leslie Sansone, and/or my treadmill, fullbody exercise bike and weight lifting on my homegym thingy (rowing, leg lifts, arm and back stuff).
  • lizz2013
    Options
    you guys will keep me on my toes with all your workouts!! 30 day shred is absolutely brilliant. But I've done it so many times now that I can't keep with it because I'm bored with it. Got a wedding in a month so I need to get my sweat on though!
  • Emmy501
    Emmy501 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Hi all. I have arthritis so working out can be difficult at times. I am not doing so well with weight loss even though I am being diligent when it comes to what I eat. I ordered hip hop abs. I need to target my belly area the most. I am hoping this will do the trick or at least keep me motivated and inspired. You don't have to do crunches or sit ups with this workout. I hope it is what I need. I plan on getting back on the elliptical as well. That machine is gentler on my joints. Anyhow I have my fingers crossed since the scale isn't budging with diet alone.
  • lizz2013
    Options
    Hi all. I have arthritis so working out can be difficult at times. I am not doing so well with weight loss even though I am being diligent when it comes to what I eat. I ordered hip hop abs. I need to target my belly area the most. I am hoping this will do the trick or at least keep me motivated and inspired. You don't have to do crunches or sit ups with this workout. I hope it is what I need. I plan on getting back on the elliptical as well. That machine is gentler on my joints. Anyhow I have my fingers crossed since the scale isn't budging with diet alone.

ooh I've got to check out the hip hop abs! This is a great plan and I'm sure you can do this :)
  • minisumo
    minisumo Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    I'm off to the gym today, the first exercise I'll have done in months. I plan to exercise 3 or 4 days a week - 3 days I'll be doing NROL4W and running training (I want to run my first ever 5k race in November). If I have any energy left I'll throw in another activity, e.g. yoga, swimming, tennis, Zumba once a week. Plus once a month I'm going to try something completely different - rock climbing, rowing, horse riding etc. My ultimate goal is to try paddle boarding, but that's only when I'm at goal weight and look OK in a bikini!

This is the plan anyway, but I guess I'll see how it goes!
  • CynthiaEvans
    Options
    I joined the gym about 3 months ago and the going was good the first twomonths. Now it seems like I have to force myself to go. I love working out once I get there I am good to go. So staying motivated is key for me. It is important to keep at it and be consistent. The benefits are so great towards weight loss AND improved health. So I will keep pushing myself and try to get where I don't even think about it, just do it!
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    Options
    I joined the gym about 3 months ago and the going was good the first twomonths. Now it seems like I have to force myself to go. I love working out once I get there I am good to go. So staying motivated is key for me. It is important to keep at it and be consistent. The benefits are so great towards weight loss AND improved health. So I will keep pushing myself and try to get where I don't even think about it, just do it!

You ROCK! It doesn't get easily you and me, we get stronger--day by day, right?
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    Options
    Today, shortly...I shall get off my bohunkus and walk to the grocery store to get some bread, instead of driving...it's about a 2 miles or so walk. I'll do this as well as other things today. Walking instead of driving places--that's what I'll be "making" myself do for additional exercise this week--God Willing!
  • Emmy501
    Emmy501 Posts: 33 Member
    Options

ooh I've got to check out the hip hop abs! This is a great plan and I'm sure you can do this :)

Thank you for the encouragement. I will let you know how it goes. I should get the DVD's this week. I'm excited and determined. It doesn't help that my husband tries to encourage me as he frustrates me each time he says "aren't you going to workout?". I'm doing this for me, not him. :smile:
  • CynthiaEvans
    Options
    Thanks for the encouragement! Yep, we getting stronger every day. I think I will do some extra walking too,all of the little extra steps addes up and besides it is the easiest exerise to do! : )
  • lizz2013
    Options
    I've started swimming 5 days a week and trying to reach 10k steps each day. I always try to do too much early on and end up quitting but I think I'll work my way up to peak fitness this time. I get so annoyed when my partner tries to be supportive by pushing runs and healthy eating. We're doing it for us!! And it isn't easy but at least we're trying :)
  • CynthiaEvans
    Options
    Great attitude! Nothing beats a failure but a try. You can do it!
  • littlegem65
    littlegem65 Posts: 108 Member
    Options

This idea might help: I had to start exercising inside at a gym because of work. I have a friend in another city who I text in the morning when I am leaving for my workout. (She also texts me back.) It is kind of our "get out of bed" text…cause "I am on my way to the gym. So far, (3 weeks) this has been very helpful for both of us. We know the other person is "expecting us " to get up and get moving. ( I wake up at 4 a.m. …get to the gym by 4:25…do my workout in an hour. When we are both done with our workouts we text again and congratulate each other on our efforts/progress. It is extremely motivating for me…because I know my friend is waiting for my text!