Matt Smith stepping down after Christmas Special

Options
2»

Replies

• SweetLilyR
    SweetLilyR Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    I've never wished my weekend would end so fast as this weekend coming up. I am dying to know who the new Doctor is going to be. I've heard rumors that he'll be Scottish, and if that's true - that's all I need to know. Any Doctor with a Scots brogue would work for me...but I have a thing for accents :love:
  • southpaw211
    southpaw211 Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    I've never wished my weekend would end so fast as this weekend coming up. I am dying to know who the new Doctor is going to be. I've heard rumors that he'll be Scottish, and if that's true - that's all I need to know. Any Doctor with a Scots brogue would work for me...but I have a thing for accents :love:

Yes, unless they make him use an English accent, ie David Tennant...

Incidently, we've listened to quite a few Doctor Who audiobooks where Tennant is the narrator. It's great because he tells the story in his native accent, but lapses right into his normal "Doctor" voice as well. Best of both worlds!
  • CollegiateGrief
    CollegiateGrief Posts: 552 Member
    Options

Yes, unless they make him use an English accent, ie David Tennant...

Incidently, we've listened to quite a few Doctor Who audiobooks where Tennant is the narrator. It's great because he tells the story in his native accent, but lapses right into his normal "Doctor" voice as well. Best of both worlds!

This makes me want to go listen to the audiobooks.
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,648 Member
    Options
    Speaking of audio books, I'm not much into them but I was listening to The Runaway Train where Matt Smith does a western/texanish accent (SEXY!) AND also mimics Karen/Amy's scottish accent which is pretty hilarious.

As for Peter Capaldi. I'm happy it's him and other people's excitement are getting me excited since I've only ever seen him in Doctor Who and Torchwood. Loved him in Torchwood, actually.
  • southpaw211
    southpaw211 Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    I haven't listened to any of the audiobooks with the 11th Doctor, but we've gotten most I could find with the 10th (only if DT narrates though). They've all been great, and a terrific way for all of us to get through long drives!