Wide Shoulders

Options
mdivamuffin
mdivamuffin Posts: 164 Member
One thing that he says in the book is that women's measurements do not increase, with the exception of shoulder width. He says that shoulders will inevitably widen. He goes on to say that "it's hard to see any aesthetic or functional downside to having wider, more athletic looking shoulders"
However I already have wide shoulders for a girl. I really don't want them to get any wider. Does anyone else have experience of this?

Replies

• karenckohl
    karenckohl Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I also have wide shoulders, but I notice I tend to keep some extra fat in that area as well. So when I gain some muscle mass it usually evens out with fat burn. If that makes sense.
  • sclaibo
    sclaibo Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I also have wide shoulders and I am seriously afraid of looking more like a linebacker than i already do. So far so good. I noticed that my chest/shoulders have not increased in inches, so that's good, although they haven't decreased either. my waist is getting smaller. I am putting my trust in the book for the full 6 months and seeing what happens! I will say that I carry most of my weight in my back and my back has seen the biggest decrease in fat loss! Slowly but surely getting rid of those pesky back rolls!
  • mrs_mab
    mrs_mab Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    :laugh: Part of the reason all my kids friends call me big mama!

I have a medium frame, but a big back & wide shoulders, not sure if it comes with my height or what..... I agree that fat I lose & muscle gains balances it out pretty well....
  • Mouse_Potato
    Mouse_Potato Posts: 1,503 Member
    Options
    I have wide shoulders for my small frame. 11 weeks in and they are looking gorgeous! :love:
  • RRRobynnn
    RRRobynnn Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I'm in Stage 4 and am filled with how my upper body is shaping up. My shoulders are wide, but muscular and toned. My arms no longer flap in the breeze. :)

My thighs and mummy tummy need further work, though... All in good time.