Pat on the Back

Options
janlawrence2
janlawrence2 Posts: 24 Member
Ive just spent some time reading through our old posts, and I just wanted to give a shout out to all of you who are rocking this challenge. I unfortunately am not one of them, but reading about everyone's struggles and how hard this is, and then watching some of our group members changing their habits and their lives to make healthy a normal routine, WOW! It was a bit of a reality check for me. Life is hard, and everyone has their own struggles, reasons, excuses, whatever you want to call it. Finding a way to climb out is the key. And staying on the path, and continuing to climb even in light of slip ups is key.

Just wanted to pat you on the back! You deserve it! Now, go work out! LOL!:smile:

Replies

• determined_erin
    determined_erin Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    It's definitely never easy, but I know you can do it. I am struggling this week with a mini vacation with family. Being with family always means unhealthy food and less chance to exercise. We all have our weak moments and struggles. I think what defines us is not then but how we can turn around the bad moments and make a better outcome. Keep working hard and you will succeed. There is no race to lose the weight within a week, month, or even year. You have time to make changes and implement them your entire life.
  • mlerand62
    mlerand62 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    What a nice topic janlawrence2. This road is not an easy one, but it sure is more fun with friends who understand what you are going through. We have a small group that are consistently on here and I need and appreciate them. It keeps me accountable and helps to know you are there.

What has really helped me is taking this slow and realizing that a bunch of good days will not be ruined by one bad day. We are going to have them. If we've been following our food plan and burning some calories we will be fine. We might slow the weight loss down a little, but we will be fine.

Determined_erin. Have a great time with your family. You have to cherish those moments when they happen. So our food choices aren't as great, we didn't get in our workout. What did you get out of the day. Memories! I lost my father-in-law this spring and my husband and I have no regrets. We loved him, visited him, helped him when needed. However, you always wish you could do more. Enjoy this week.

Have a great week my friends. Know that I appreciate each and every one of you.:flowerforyou:
  • aefallis
    aefallis Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Agree! There are a few on here that have done GREAT!! Sadly not me either lol. We can do it!

I know I NEED to stop making excuses. Its been a rough year but I've come to the realization that there's no reason to keep sulking about it. No matter how rough life gets, I want to get healthy. It's been a year that my little one was born and I made a decision to start this journey. I've come a long way already even if it hasn't been a successful few months. There's no reason I should slip now. I will look back a year from now and either regret not picking it back up or be so thrilled with what I've accomplished.
  • janlawrence2
    janlawrence2 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    It's definitely never easy, but I know you can do it. I am struggling this week with a mini vacation with family. Being with family always means unhealthy food and less chance to exercise. We all have our weak moments and struggles. I think what defines us is not then but how we can turn around the bad moments and make a better outcome. Keep working hard and you will succeed. There is no race to lose the weight within a week, month, or even year. You have time to make changes and implement them your entire life.

Try to have fun, knowing you have worked so hard to get where you are and you should celebrate a little. Being with family and letting your guard down is typical, but also a blessing when you focus on family time and less on the weight loss journey. Enjoy yourself. The horse is waiting when you get back...you can climb back up! :)