Fast Diet Challenge Introductions!

Options
2»

Replies

• minisumo
    minisumo Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    I'm Gina - been on 5:2 for six weeks, down 17 pounds. It's HARD - thought maybe this challenge would help keep me motivated. Would love to be down another 20+ pounds at the end of this challenge.

Wow, FANTASTIC loss Gina, well done! Good luck with the challenge, I know it can be difficult but just keep in mind what you've achieved in just a few short weeks and where you might be in just a few weeks from now :happy:
  • minisumo
    minisumo Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, I'm Sarah. I've done 5:2 before with some success before 'stuff' happened and I gained a lot more weight than I had lost in those few weeks. But I thoroughly enjoy the lifestyle and I find it relatively easy to manage as long as I'm organised. I have a total of about 40lbs to lose, although to me it's more about fitting into my clothes again so I'm happy to be at a higher weight as long as I'm back into a UK size 10 - I'm currently a 16. This is my ultimate goal which I would love to achieve by Christmas so this challenge will definitely help with that - thanks so much for setting it up Lizz!

Just started reading Brad Pilon's Eat Stop Eat and if it helps everyone stay motivated I'm happy to share some of his wisdom as I work my way through the book.

I'll only join the challenge properly on Monday though - it's a big holiday weekend here (I live in Dubai) so there is much feasting and definitely no fasting now that as of today Ramadan is over!
  • MissNordicLight
    MissNordicLight Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Hi all, I'm glad to join this group :)

I'm in to my third week of doing 5:2 (combined with 16:8) and I find it surprisingly easy to follow. I have not lost that much weight yet, a couple of kilos, but will stick with it and see where it takes me.

On Monday I'm going on vacation, I will visit family with my daughter for two weeks, I intend to stick to the 16:8, but will see how it goes with the fasting days.

Good luck to you all!
  • tracym22
    tracym22 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone!

Unfortunately i only just saw this group and i've already eaten 2 crumpets for breakfast!! Ho hum, they'll just have to keep me going until dinner tonight!!:tongue:
    I'm off on holiday for 2 weeks to France at the end of the month, red wine and cheese, my downfall!!:drinker:

@ Gabriella (dietthoughts) Your height, weight and goals are exactly the same as mine. I was absolutely horrified to be over 11 stone, weighing more than when i was pregnant. I'm fine for the first couple of weeks but lose motivation and get frustrated if i don't see results quickly. You don't say your age but i'm 43 and from the UK too. Unfortunately i can't seem to access your blog. I don't know why?
  • chatogal
    chatogal Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone, I am Julie, 55 been on mfp since January and doing 5:2....or my version of it! since March. So far total loss = 40 lbs...30 0f those since starting "fasting". Going away for 3 weeks from thelast 2 weeks of August...so not sure how well I will do....red wine also geing my downfall!!:wink:
  • lyndyloolaa
    lyndyloolaa Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone,

Tried to post last night but my laptop was playing up - hopefully it'll be okay this time!

I've tried 5:2 before but never made it beyond week 2, I seem to have a mental block and think I can't do it...so I'm hoping that being a member of this group will keep my motivation up to week 3 and beyond!

I'd like to lose about 30lbs - started doing a 4:3 this week to give me a boost then will switch back to 5:2. Going away for a week or so in a bout 2 weeks but I'm hoping to try and have a couple of low cal days if I can.

Lynda x
  • CassieK80
    CassieK80 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone,

I woke up yesterday and decided to start doing 5:2 because I know so many people who are successfully losing weight on it. I did my first fast day yesterday but will normally do Mondays and Thursdays. To get myself on track I think I might do the second fast day today and then start normally on Monday. I'd do it tomorrow except I am out with the girls and I'm not sure I fancy doing it at the weekend....

Anyway, enough ramble... I'm 33 and live in the UK. I'm 5ft 7 and would like to lose 30lbs ish.

Good luck everyone,
    H x
  • lizz2013
    lizz2013 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    Wow what a wonderful response! I'm going to make the group private after a certain amount of members, otherwise it becomes a little difficult to track and I'd rather we were a tight knit group than an anonymous bunch of numbers. But, if anyone has a friend that they think would benefit from the group just send me a message with their MFP name and I'll add them :)

All I ask is that you take a little time each week to check in, log your progress and share the experience. The more you log in the more likely you are to succeed as it will be at the forefront of your mind.

If you are having a bad week then don't give up. They key thing about this diet is that you need to fast 1 day a week to maintain. Once you have reached your goal weight 1 fast day a week will keep you there. If you go back to your old habits your will put it back on, so this really is a lifestyle change and not a diet. So, if you're finding that it just isn't working for you due to a bad week etc, then just take one day (maybe one that you can have a lie in on...sleep through the fast :)) and stick to 500 cals and try again the next week.

Some weeks you won't lose, and some weeks you will lose a lot so stick with it :) And let us know if you are struggling!!
    I'm feeling really positive for this challenge. And what a lovely bunch of people! :) If you have any suggestions for challenges etc just let me know!
  • andiebaco
    andiebaco Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Hello I'm Andie and I've been doing 5:2 for the last three weeks (with a week break for holiday travelling!). So far I've lost around 10lbs and I'm looking forward losing another 20lbs more.. For me, it's much easier to accomplish this way because I can fit social eatings on my diet and I get to see my friends in a normal way and not exactly on "diet".

Also, I never manage to count calories correctly if I do it every single day, so to focus on counting two (or three) days a week and then normalish the rest works...

I do work out (six or seven days a week!) and have frappuchinos on rest days :).

Until september, I will be doing 4:3 since I want to lose the most before a trip I have to Morocco mid September.. So wish me luck and good to see you here!
  • lizz2013
    Options
    Hello I'm Andie and I've been doing 5:2 for the last three weeks (with a week break for holiday travelling!). So far I've lost around 10lbs and I'm looking forward losing another 20lbs more.. For me, it's much easier to accomplish this way because I can fit social eatings on my diet and I get to see my friends in a normal way and not exactly on "diet".

Also, I never manage to count calories correctly if I do it every single day, so to focus on counting two (or three) days a week and then normalish the rest works...

I do work out (six or seven days a week!) and have frappuchinos on rest days :).

Until september, I will be doing 4:3 since I want to lose the most before a trip I have to Morocco mid September.. So wish me luck and good to see you here!

Best of luck with 4:3! I have great success when I do it, but I find it hard to stick with it so I keep that for special occasions or after I've had a bad week. I'm sure you'll have fantastic results though :) let us know how you get on
  • greenbirdsings
    greenbirdsings Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Hello Everyone,

My name is Crystal and today is my first fast day! I think that next week I will start making them Mondays and Thursdays but I just found out about this diet and I wanted to jump on the bandwagon as soon as possible. I'm still a little unsure about this whole fasting thing (I hate being hungry) but I figured that it was worth a try. Anyway my goal is to lose at least 10 pounds, though I secretly hope for 17. I'm curious as to whether most people work out on fast days? At the moment I feel like just hanging in will be hard enough on those days. Also do you “load up” the day before?
    I think I will continue to count on my regular days and leave my weekends as “free” days, this is mostly because I don’t want to lose the habit of healthy eating I’ve worked so hard into forming and also because I’m not sure if this diet will stick (I know that sounds extremely negative on my first day but maybe after today my attitude will change).

Okay wish me luck!
  • lizz2013
    Options
    Hello Everyone,

My name is Crystal and today is my first fast day! I think that next week I will start making them Mondays and Thursdays but I just found out about this diet and I wanted to jump on the bandwagon as soon as possible. I'm still a little unsure about this whole fasting thing (I hate being hungry) but I figured that it was worth a try. Anyway my goal is to lose at least 10 pounds, though I secretly hope for 17. I'm curious as to whether most people work out on fast days? At the moment I feel like just hanging in will be hard enough on those days. Also do you “load up” the day before?
    I think I will continue to count on my regular days and leave my weekends as “free” days, this is mostly because I don’t want to lose the habit of healthy eating I’ve worked so hard into forming and also because I’m not sure if this diet will stick (I know that sounds extremely negative on my first day but maybe after today my attitude will change).

Okay wish me luck!

Hi Crystal! Great that you've jumped on the bandwagon. the fasting doesn't really feel like fasting and if you eat lots of veg you don't feel hungry. Also after time you'll find your energy levels up and you'll actually look forward to fast days. No need to load up before exercise or a fast day. Just eat normally 5 days a week. The idea is to net around 1200 calories per day throughout the week. Eat too little on non-fast days and you're body will go into starvation and you won't be able to lose anything. Eat too much and the scale won't move :) Best of luck :) x