4 Chicken portions
    2 tablespoon(s) Parmasan cheese
    2 teaspoon(s) Garam masala
    1 teaspoon(s) Garlic salt
    0.5 teaspoon(s) Salt
    1 teaspoon(s) Black pepper
    0.5 teaspoon(s) Ground Arrowroot
    10 grams Lard

Put lard into a frying pan and melt. Mix all the dry ingredients in a large bowl. Coat the whole chicken portion and put in the heated lard. When the coating is fried and all crispy turn the heat down and let the chicken cook all the way through. Serve with loads of green veg or a salad

Serves 4

Nutritional info:

Kcal: 284 kcal
    Carbs: 4g
    Proteins: 37g
    Fat: 14g

Cheesecake:

125 grams Almond FLour
    50 grams Desiccated Coconut
    50 grams Butter
    2 tablespoon(s) Vanilla Extract
    300 grams Philadelphia
    50 grams Sweetner (xylitol)
    2 tablespoon(s) Sweetner (xylitol)
    2 teaspoon(s) Liquid Stevia
    1.5 cup(s) Double Cream

Mix almond flour, desiccated coconut, Sweetner together, melt butter and add, mix well.
    Line a pop bottom tin with baking sheet at the bottom and sides.
    Press mix into bottom of tin and press down firmly.
    Baked for 15 minutes until a little golden.
    Leave to go very cold, put in fridge.
    Mix cream cheese with Sweetener, liquid stevia, vanilla extract Until smooth.
    In a separate bowl whisk double cream until soft peaks, add whipped cream to cream cheese mix and beat well to mix all together.
    Spoon mixture into the cold tin base mixture and press into edges and cover all.
    Put in fridge for a good few hours.

You can use the base just as cookies, I add around another 15-20g of butter if I am making them into cookies, they are soo good. I don't have the nutritional info for this - sorry. It serves 6-8

Caveman crumble:

200 grams Almond flour
    250 grams Rhubarb
    100 grams Strawberries
    20 grams Splenda
    60 grams Softened butter

Stew the rhubarb in 10g the Splenda until just soft, then put it and the strawberry's into an ovenproof dish. Mix the almond flour and butter until it resembles breadcrumbs, add in the other 10g of Splenda, cover the fruit mixture with the crumble mixture. Cook at around 150 degrees for 30-40 minutes. I ended up serving it with lashings of single cream.

Nutritional info:

Kcal: 356 kcal
    Carbs: 9g
    Proteins: 10g
    Fat: 31g
    Fibers: 4g

You can change the fruit to whatever low carb fruits you like, this is our favourite.

Serves 8
  • Ajnyvt09
    Ajnyvt09 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    bump
  • codapea
    codapea Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    This recipe for Cauliflower Au Gratin is so good, I have made it many times. It's easier to post the link because you make a homemade alfredo sauce for it, which is a separate recipe on the food blog site.. My husband isn't eating low carb with me, but he requests this for dinner regularly, it is that good. I took a batch to Easter dinner and everyone wanted the recipe.

It is from the DJ Foodie blog. If you haven't heard of him, his site is awesome for low carb recipes! I check it daily. He is a famous chef who went low carb, has lost a bucnch of weight, and loves to create low carb versions of all your favorite meals.

Here is the link for Cauliflower Au Gratin:

http://www.djfoodie.com/aspx/m/Cauliflower-Au-Gratin
  • nancycaregiver
    nancycaregiver Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    I am loving my cloud bread right now. After about a year without bread, I am in heaven!! It has less than 1 net carb for 2 slices! Just make sure it's sits in the fudge in a ziploc Baggie at least over night. It's not that good right after it cools, but it is awesome the next day and even better the day after!
  • rhondatn
    rhondatn Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Where is the cloud bread recipe?
  • rhondatn
    rhondatn Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I am loving my cloud bread right now. After about a year without bread, I am in heaven!! It has less than 1 net carb for 2 slices! Just make sure it's sits in the fudge in a ziploc Baggie at least over night. It's not that good right after it cools, but it is awesome the next day and even better the day after!

Sorry, meant to include this with my previous post. Where is this cloud bread recipe located?
  • 2gabbee
    2gabbee Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    Bump to try recipes.
  • Zaphyre13
    Zaphyre13 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    yummy!
  • lstpaul
    lstpaul Posts: 2,013 Member
    Options
    Just tried this 'lasagna' recipe last night from allrecipes.com

1 pound italian sausage (I used mild italian links, fried , then removed skin and cut into chunks)
    1 can tomato sauce (I used trader joe's marinara sauce because that's what I had on hand and it worked fine)
    2 packages frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained (I used fresh spinach chopped in food processer)
    2 cups ricotta cheese (or cottage cheese)
    1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
    1 egg, beaten
    2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese

1. brown sausage, drain fat and stir in tomato sauce
    2. preheat oven to 350
    3. combine spinach, ricotta cheese, parmesan and egg, mix well (I mixed in food processer)
    4. spread mixture in bottom of 9x13 baking dish, spoon sausage mixture over , and mozzerella on top.
    5. bake for 40 minutes
    makes 8 servings,
    per serving: cals 375, carbs 9, fiber 2, protein 26, fat 26

yummy
  • bettermistakes87
    bettermistakes87 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Anyone have a recipe for a low carb sweet fix that doesn't use artificial sweeteners? (can't have stevia either) I'm googling, but coming up kind of stumped.
  • kiramaniac
    kiramaniac Posts: 800 Member
    Options
    Anyone have a recipe for a low carb sweet fix that doesn't use artificial sweeteners? (can't have stevia either) I'm googling, but coming up kind of stumped.

Unfortunately, trying to get sweetness without something having carbs or sweetener isn't really possible. The sweetness has to come from something. If you're unwilling to use stevia, artificial sweeteners or sugar alcohols, then that doesn't leave much option.

I would go with Dark chocolate. Lindt extra dark chocolate truffles are net 4 g each. Ghiradelli 86% dark are net 2.6 g each.

Maybe puréed strawberries whipped into cream? Or dark chocolate whipped into cream?
  • missmegan831
    missmegan831 Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    Bump for ideas
  • danni_l
    danni_l Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    I have just come across this, different to the usual cauliflower pizza and looks SO tasty :)
    I usually make my own sauces, but if you were buying store made just make sure sugar isnt too high.

http://www.recipebyphoto.com/low-carb-grilled-zucchini-pizza/
  • LaJaunaF
    LaJaunaF Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    GF/SF Peanut Butter Cookies

1cup of your favorite peanut butter
    1/2 cup Splenda
    1/2 cup Ideal Brown Sugar
    1 extra large egg
    1 tsp vanilla

Mix, drop onto baking sheet. Bake at 350 * for 12. Minutes. Cool. Eat.
  • Longbowgilly
    Longbowgilly Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    Need some bread for a sammy? Here is what I found that fills the bill for me!

FOCACCIA STYLE FLAX-ALMOND BREAD

1 cup of flax seed meal
    1cup of almond flour
    1 tblsp of baking powder
    1 tsp salt
    1-2 tblsp Splenda
    5 beaten eggs
    1/2 cup water
    1/3 cup of vegetable oil or coconut oil

Grease a jelly roll pan that you have lined with parchment paper. (grease the paper too!)
    Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
    Mix all the dry ingredients.
    Mix all the wet ingredients.
    Pour the wet into the center of the dry and mix until no more dry is visible.
    Pour batter into the middle of the prepared pan and spread into a rectangle.

Place in preheated oven for 20 mins. Cut into 12 pieces. Store in frig!

Do you have a nutritional breakdown for this? How many carbs is in each recipe?
  • EricCowperthwaite
    Options
    I completely miss jam, but it all has so much sugar and pectin. Ugh

Found this today on Facebook today, gonna have to try it!

tumblr_mq55vdD6ux1r5lqo2o1_1280.jpg

The macros work out very nicely. It makes 2 cups and 1/4 cup seems like a reasonable serving size.

Macros for full recipe: Fat = 11g, Protein = 8g, Carbs = 57g, Fiber = 17g, Sugar = 45g

Macros for a serving: Fat = 1g, Protein = 1g, Carbs = 7g, Fiber = 2g, Sugar = 6g

That's pretty darn good, net 5g of carbs in any given serving of something is where I try to be. Gonna try it out and see how it tastes.
  • 2dayirunforme
    2dayirunforme Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Bumping this for all the great recipes :)
  • jennb44
    jennb44 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Love this one:

Mom's Prize-Winning Zucchini Casserole

Prep Time: 20 minutes
    Cook Time: 40 minutes
    Total Time: 1 hour
    Ingredients:

1 lb. zucchini (approximately 2 medium)
    1 Tbsp olive oil
    1/3 cup chopped onion (about 1/2 of a medium onion)
    3 cloves garlic
    3/4 lb. tomatoes (fresh or canned - about a one lb. can of whole tomatoes, drained)
    1 tsp Italian herbs or oregano
    Salt and pepper
    1 cup Italian cheese mixture (packaged, or a mix including, for example, Mozzarella, Parmesan, provolone)

Preparation:
    Heat oven to 400° F.

1) Heat the oil in a medium saucepan. Sauté the onion in the oil for 2 to 3 minutes, then add the garlic and cook for another 30 to 60 seconds, until the garlic is fragrant. Cut tomatoes in 3 to 5 pieces, and add, along with the herbs and spices.

2) Cook over medium heat until the liquid is mostly gone (but not dry), stirring occasionally -- it should end up being about a cup. This should take about 5 to 10 minutes.

3) Meanwhile, cut the zucchini into slices approximately ¼ inch thick. Take the largest slices and line the bottom of a 9 X 9" or 8 X 8" pan.

4) Spread about ¼ of the tomato mixture on the zucchini (don't even try to spread evenly; it won't work), followed by ¼ cup of the cheese.

5) Continue layering. It should come out to four layers, but if it only makes three, just try to divide things relatively evenly. Don't put the final layer of cheese on yet.

6) Bake for 20 minutes. Top with the rest of the cheese, and lower the temperature to 375 F. Bake for about 20 more minutes, or until cheese is golden brown.

Makes 9 smallish servings.

Nutritional Information: Each serving has 3 grams effective carbohydrate plus 1 gram fiber, 5 grams protein, and 78 calories.
  • jennb44
    jennb44 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Some other good ones that are very good...

SALSA CHICKEN

4 boneless chicken breasts
    2 teaspoons Seasoning for Tacos
    1 cup salsa
    1/2 cup sour cream
    4 ounces Monterey jack cheese, shredded
    Chopped green onions, for garnish, optional

Sprinkle both sides of the chicken with taco seasoning. Pan fry or grill the chicken. Place in a greased baking pan. Mix the salsa and sour cream; pour over the chicken. Bake at 350º for 20 minutes. Top with the cheese and bake until cheese melts. Sprinkle the green onions over the top, if using.

Makes 4 servings
    Do not freeze

Per Serving: 321 Calories; 16g Fat; 36g Protein; 6g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 5g Net Carbs

PIZZA CHICKEN

1 boneless chicken breast, pounded flat if thick
    Salt, pepper, garlic powder and Italian seasoning, to taste
    1 tablespoon pizza sauce
    4 slices pepperoni
    1 teaspoon butter or oil
    2 fresh mushrooms, sliced
    2 thin green pepper rings
    1 ounce mozzarella cheese, shredded

Season the chicken with salt and other seasonings; grill. Meanwhile, sauté the mushrooms and pepper rings in butter or oil until slightly tender, but not mushy; set aside. Spread the sauce over the chicken, then top with the pepperoni, the pepper rings, mushrooms and then finally, the cheese. Sprinkle with a little additional Italian seasoning, if desired. Bake at 350º about 10-15 minutes or until hot and the cheese is melted. Serve at once.

Makes 1 serving
    Can be frozen but the peppers will get soft

Per Serving: 310 Calories; 16g Fat; 36g Protein; 3g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 2g Net Carbs

GRILLED "SMOTHERED" CHICKEN

6 boneless chicken breasts
    Salt, pepper, and desired seasonings to taste
    Butter
    8 ounces fresh mushrooms, sliced
    1 green pepper, chopped, about 6 ounces
    1/2 cup onion, chopped, 2 1/2 ounces
    1 clove garlic, minced
    8 ounces cheddar cheese, shredded

Flatten the chicken, if desired; sprinkle with desired seasonings. Grill until done to your taste. Meanwhile, sauté the mushrooms, green pepper, onion and garlic in butter until tender. Place the grilled chicken on a baking sheet, cover with the vegetables, then smother with cheese. Bake at 350º about 5 minutes, until the cheese is melted.

Makes 6 servings
    Do not freeze

Per Serving: 332 Calories; 18g Fat; 38g Protein; 5g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 4g Net Carbs