Run, Walk or Crawl 08/03 to 08/10

Options
reese66
reese66 Posts: 2,920 Member
reese66
Group Moderator
Joined Oct 2010
January 11, 2013 9:02 pm
Exercise alone provides psychological and physical benefits. However, if you also adopt a strategy that engages your mind while you exercise, you can get a whole host of psychological benefits fairly quickly. – James Rippe, MD

By exercise. I’ll tell you one thing, you don’t always have to be on the go. I sit around a lot, I read a lot, and I do watch television. But I also work out for two hours every day of my life, even when I’m on the road. – Jack LaLanne

15 miles starting Sunday and ending Saturday... Yep that easy and you know you can do it! Just log your daily miles, the total miles for the week and encourage your fellow challengers to make their goals, yep it's that easy.

"Run when you can. Walk when you must. Crawl if you have to. Just never give up." Dean Karnazes, the Ultramarathon Man

For the folks returning you know that the 15 miles is not the main goal. The main goal is just to get up and get moving, if you don't meet it that's fine and you surpass it, well that just freaking rocks.

For new comers the preferred method of posting miles would be:

Sunday-miles-what you did Monday-miles-what you did Tuesday-miles-what you did So on and so forth, posted daily or when the miles occur...

Total- Running total for the week thus far

As always this is not set in stone, if you post every other day or whatever fits into your schedule, but please try to stay close to the above format.

For those folks that don't do miles

http://www.digitaldutch.com/unitconverter/

for conversion to be made easy (Thanks Nonafit)

Now let's get moving folks :)

If you don’t do what’s best for your body, you’re the one who comes up on the short end. – Julius Erving

Replies

• marathonbiker
    marathonbiker Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Sat 6 mi run/walk

It's great to be back! 4 of my friend's from our running group completed Full Ironman.! All with great times. I personally hated leaving the area, so much beauty and much cooler temps. Now it's training time for Half M in Oct. Sunday running and riding.

Tommie:smile:
  • stealthSLOTH
    stealthSLOTH Posts: 695 Member
    Options
    Sat 6 mi run/walk

It's great to be back! 4 of my friend's from our running group completed Full Ironman.! All with great times. I personally hated leaving the area, so much beauty and much cooler temps. Now it's training time for Half M in Oct. Sunday running and riding.

Amazing - you and your pals! I can't even imagine doing a mini-mini-mini ironman!
    Sounds like lotsa fun!

Have a great run/ride! You are amazing! When I training for that 1/2M (I've only done one, so far...), I would be dead tired from the running - so I"m impressed you are running and biking on the same day! Mr. Fitness, well done! :flowerforyou:
  • reese66
    Options
    Sat 6 mi run/walk

Go Tommy go!!! You are always so inspiring!!!!
  • reese66
    Options
    Sunday 3.01 walking
  • reese66
    Options
    Sat 6 mi run/walk

Amazing - you and your pals! I can't even imagine doing a mini-mini-mini ironman!
    Sounds like lotsa fun!

Have a great run/ride! You are amazing! When I training for that 1/2M (I've only done one, so far...), I would be dead tired from the running - so I"m impressed you are running and biking on the same day! Mr. Fitness, well done! :flowerforyou:

Have you decided on the half or the 10k in October?
  • luvmybeebees
    luvmybeebees Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone! I'm hoping to get back on track with my logging in!

Sun- 6.2 miles (10 k run today)
  • stealthSLOTH
    Options
    Sunday 3.01 walking

^ Great Job! I want the recycled glass finishers medal, so I'm going to leave it as the 1/2 , but I won't be able to run the whole thing!
    How about you?
  • stealthSLOTH
    Options
    Hello everyone! I'm hoping to get back on track with my logging in!

Sun- 6.2 miles (10 k run today)

Welcome back! Great RUN! (PS: love your AV photo!)

ETA: Vacaville! I remember the NutTree!
  • fuhrmeister
    fuhrmeister Posts: 1,796 Member
    Options
    Hello all here I am again. Still pushing mayself to get into a routine.

Sunday: 0.5mile walking.. not much but it is a start.
  • reese66
    Options
    Sunday 3.01 walking

^ Great Job! I want the recycled glass finishers medal, so I'm going to leave it as the 1/2 , but I won't be able to run the whole thing!
    How about you?

Thinking the same thing, will be walking I am sure not even close to ready but will keep striving for the half :)
  • stealthSLOTH
    Options

WTG - fuhrmeister!
    - - -

SlothRun/Walk/Crawl

Sun: 0
    Mon: 3 mile run

Week So Far: 3 miles.
  • reese66
    Options
    Sunday 3.01 walking
    Tuesday 2.22 Walk/Run

Total 5.23
  • reese66
    Options

A Start Is A Start, Great Job, KeeP It Going
  • stealthSLOTH
    Options
    Sunday 3.01 walking
    Tuesday 2.22 Walk/Run

Total 5.23

*highfive* Reesey! :drinker: :smile: :glasses:

- - - -

SLOTH RUN/WALK/CRAWL

Mon: 3 mile run/walk
    Tues: 2 mile run/walk
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    WSF: 5 miles run/walk
  • reese66
    Options
    Sunday 3.01 walking
    Tuesday 2.22 Walk/Run
    Wednesday 3.04 walk/run

Total 8.27
  • thinktank32k
    Options
    Hi everyone. I have been MIA on the forum but I have been overly active. June I ran 100 miles and July 93 miles. Now I am preparing for my 6th half marathon in September with a goal of sub 2:30. I am a work in progress

Sunday 8.63 miles
    Tuesday 5 miles

Hopefully you all will see more of me now that I am back in work mode lol
  • wiglet23
    wiglet23 Posts: 887 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I have been MIA for a while also. Been keeping busy with races and bike tours this summer. I also took up leading group runs two nights a week, but that got to be too much so I have scaled it back to one night a week (that I am in charge of, at least)

4/13/13 Rock the Parkway 1/2 Marathon-New PR! 2:22:09
    5/18/13 Go Girl Run-1/2 Marathon: 2:32:56 (it. was. H.O.T.)
    6/1/13 Hospital Hill Run-1/2 Marathon: 2:26:06
    6/9/13 Ride the Fountain Tour - 24mi bike ride
    6/29/13 Tour de Lakes - 55mi bike ride
    7/4/13 Stars & Stripes 5K-NEW PR! 30:11
    7/13/13 Psycho Psummer 10m Trail: 2:39
    7/27/13 Rock the Crossroads 5K: 31:03

This week so far:
    Sun - sat on my lazy butt most of the day (did a 10mi run Sat that pretty much wiped me out.. we've had so much high humidity lately)
    Mon - 6mi Trail run/walk
    Tue - nada
    Wed - 4.9mi road/trail run/walk

Have 2 scheduled bike rides this Saturday. Next race is a 10K in Sept and then another 1/2 Mary in Oct.

Happy run/walk/crawling everyone!!
  • nonafit
    nonafit Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    Hi guys

I am still alive and kicking...yeaahhhh... :devil:

3rd August - 2 km walk
    4th August - 2 km walk
    5th August - circuit strength
    6th August - circuit strength
    7th August - circuit strength
    8th August - 5km brisk walk/run and 5 km walk
    9th August -
    10th August -
  • stealthSLOTH
    Options
    MINI REUNION here on the Boards! hey hey hey it's nonafit, thinktank and wiglet checking in!

for a while there, it was Melkadee (rosyrose) and Reesey keeping Run/Walk/Crawl alive...i've been out injured. :embarassed:

All great goals! Exciting to see Nonafit getting the circuit strength in (i keep neglecting that :sad: and need to work that in!);
    Wiglet as a group run leader and serious duathlon stuff; thinktank going for sub 2:30 for 1/2M. All IMPRESSIVE!

- - -

SLOTH RUN/WALK/CRAWL

Mon: 3 mile run/walk
    Tues: 2 mile run/walk
    Thur: 2 mile run/walk
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    WSF: 7 miles run/walk

- - -

If anyone is interested, Reesey and I are 'Meeting in the Middle' (of the Country) in Sept at the Omaha Marathon. I'm going to attempt to Run/Walk the 1/2M since I'm coming back from injury. (Would not be doing the full, but would be attempting to run the 1/2 otherwise!! lolz) Not sure I can finish it in the allottted 3.5 hours.
    If anyone is interested in meeting up, PM either her or myself. We both have other (non MFP) friends meeting up - should be fun!

If you are nearby and want to say HI - you don't even have to do the race! Reesey and I are big fans of Friday night Beer:30! We will meeting up for Friday night happy hour, which should not mess up anyone's race performance on Sunday! :drinker: :laugh:
  • sammylc
    sammylc Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    Hi all you guys,

It seems like you are all working really hard. I'm not able to run at the moment or even walk too much as im having treatment for a foot condition. So I will just have to keep an eye on all of you for the time being.

Sam x