Ready For A New Challenge

Options
Hi everyone,

I had my surgery in the fall of last year. Prior to my surgery I was initially diagnosed with a pre-uterine cancer and was told it was caused in part by being overweight and I needed to lose weight ASAP as well as start on a high doses of hormone pills to kill what cancer was there. I needed to get healthy for myself. The doctor suggested I look into the gastric bypass surgeries. I hemmed and hawed over if it was what's best for me and I finally decided on having the gastric sleeve surgery. Everything went well and here I am almost a year out of being diagnosed and symptom free!! :-) I've been working hard and have lost about 48 pounds but have been stuck lately.

I have been doing challenge groups on Facebook to keep me motivated since last August through a friend and using the beach body programs. I decided to get out of my stall to sign up as a coach in hopes to get others to come along with me in my journey. I am writing on here to see if anyone would be interested in joining up in my workout challenge groups! They all have such inspiring and motivating people and I've learned so much from the people involved. I was even hoping to set up a group of people who have had or will be having one of the gastric bypass/lap band surgeries. It's an amazing way to keep accountable, meet new people and reach your goals. I also love getting new recipe ideas from everyone involved. I want to involve tracking meals on my fitness pal so we can help each other when we're stuck and give each other new ideas if we need them.

I would love to have more motivated people in my groups and get more people involved in my fitness journey!

Thanks Everyone!!
Robin

Replies

• teresa7926
    teresa7926 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Congrats to you for taking on this task. It will help you while you are giving back to others. I have only participated in one challenge with not too positive result. This was before I had my sleeve. It became extremely competitive and I could not keep up. I would be very interested in participating in a challenge that is encouraging and motivating.
  • annwyatt69
    annwyatt69 Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    Currently doing a Labor Day challenge in this group. I'm always up for challenges. I am 10 1/2 months post op from gastric bypass and reached normal BMI about two months ago. I still want to lose at least 11-15 more pounds. Oh, I love to find/get new recipes. I do a LOT of cooking and tweaking of old recipes and am always eager to find ways to make them healthier!
  • robinbre04
    Options
    Would love to set up a small group! Does anyone know how to do it on here? I only know how to do the private groups on Facebook, but if we could do it here that'd be great. This group would NOT be competitive and only supportive. I hate the competition and it's less about the challenge between other people and more about the challenge for yourself to get yourself to places that you didn't know you could get to! Personally for me I get sick of what I eat and need new food ideas and love getting creative recipes from people too. I also love the support and motivation from other people, especially people who are coming from similar places that I did.
  • Newbody72
    Newbody72 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Hey I'm all in. I too am stuck not losing weight much but not gaining either. I don't know what exactly to do increase exercise or decrease coloric intake. Not trying to be a big person again. But yeah definately need the support and advice from others on this journey. Eventhough, the nutritionist has the educational background they don't know how it is to be a big person with ailments. The struggles that we have gone through to get to this stage and what challenges we are faced to maintain this new life.
  • mkh246
    mkh246 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Count me in! I need the support and motivation to keep moving. What challenge are you thinking of? I just signed up for my first 5K on Oct. 20th, called "Walk from Obesity".:smile:
  • txin1
    txin1 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I'm in! Always up for a challenge and meeting new friends.