Newbie Pre-Op Diet

Options
ElizaPure
ElizaPure Posts: 25 Member
Hey Hiya Everyone :)

How are you doing? is everything going ok?

My Count down to operation begins :) 11th August 2013 !

Excited but nervous at the same time I've gotta say it. Pre op diet going well, lost 7lbs so far !!!!! (make's me wonder how much I really have been consuming to lose so much so quickly!) But I've a long way to go so it's all good!

Any helpful tips and hints would be gratefully received.

Thank's In Advance & Kind Regards Eliza xXx:happy:

Replies

• annwyatt69
    annwyatt69 Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    Hi! Congrats on your surgery date! Which procedure are you having? Glad the pre-op diet is going well. I only had to do one week of Bariatric Advantage meal replacement shakes and a dinner of lean meat and vegetables. I was lucky that way. I had gastric bypass on 9/27/12, so I'm coming close to my one year anniversary. I have had no problems at all and the weight loss has been steady, aside from a couple of stalls along the way. I reached normal BMI at 8 months out and am shooting for the mid to lower end of it.

I totally get the rapid weight loss pre surgery! I lost 12 pounds the week before. I really think it has a lot to do with the extreme "clean" eating we do pre surgery.

I wish you a lot of luck and know that this is a really exciting time right now. I would do this surgery again in a heartbeat. My only regret is that I let myself gain so much in the first place so that it became necessary.
  • JoelleAnn78
    JoelleAnn78 Posts: 1,492 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!

It's very exciting to get to the pre-op diet part of things. I'm not sure what surgery you are having - I had RNY Gastric Bypass on 08/31/09. Be prepared to drink drink drink! I tell everyone that you cannot possibly comprehend how important the fluids are in the beginning! Well, always really, but in the beginning for sure. I became dehydrated at three weeks and needed medical intervention. It is a tricky cycle -- once you get dehydrated you don't feel like drinking which makes it get worse. Before I knew it I was not able to lift my head off the pillow. DO NOT GET THAT BAD!

Best of luck to you! You won't regret your decision. :smile:
  • ElizaPure
    Options
    Hey Hiya Girl's

Thank's so much in getting back to me !

How have you both found your procedure's?

I'm having the lap band done, as my main problem is portion sizes! I just don't no when to say enough's enough !

Wohoooooooooooooo my bag's all packed now ready for Sunday !

Ekkkkkk excited or what! so far with the pre op diet, I was 294 lbs I'm now down to 282.8 hoping to get to 280 for Sunday so fingers crossed, I've just been walking so far exercise wise, but I'm hoping to get back to me Zumba & Spinning Classes once me fitness has improved enough.

All My Love & Best Wish's Eliza xXx

xXx
  • robinbre04
    Options
    You'll do great and you'll adjust to your new lifestyle! I had surgery at the end of November and lost about 45 pounds to far. I am in a stall right now but also about to have my gallbladder removed next week. My attacks have had an effect on how much working out I can do so I can't wait to get back into the swing of working out again!

I had to do my preop diet for 2 weeks mostly liquid and 1 meal. I tried lots and lots of different protein powders and found I like the unjury, nectar and shakeology powders the best. I actually have a shake a day now b/c i like them and it's easy for me to get down. I stopped with the shakes for a while post op b/c i got sick of them during my liquid phase but brought them back in a couple of months ago.

So happy you're enjoying your journey and can't wait to see how it goes for you!! :-) There is a vast amount of informative and helpful people on here to help you through too. Even though I didn't post right after I found these message boards super helpful!!
  • robinbre04
    Options
    You'll do great and you'll adjust to your new lifestyle! I had surgery at the end of November and lost about 45 pounds to far. I am in a stall right now but also about to have my gallbladder removed next week. My attacks have had an effect on how much working out I can do so I can't wait to get back into the swing of working out again!

I had to do my preop diet for 2 weeks mostly liquid and 1 meal. I tried lots and lots of different protein powders and found I like the unjury, nectar and shakeology powders the best. I actually have a shake a day now b/c i like them and it's easy for me to get down. I stopped with the shakes for a while post op b/c i got sick of them during my liquid phase but brought them back in a couple of months ago.

So happy you're enjoying your journey and can't wait to see how it goes for you!! :-) There is a vast amount of informative and helpful people on here to help you through too. Even though I didn't post right after I found these message boards super helpful!!
  • ElizaPure
    Options
    13 lbs lost so far ! OMG this clean living is awesome!

( Now I've got used to the restrictive calorie intake that is :laugh: ) First week, felt quiet tired at times, but other than that no I'll effects!

I drink on average 2 - 3 litres of water a day on top off me coffee! It's a must have in my book's :drinker:

I've not gone out an started flat out exercising, I think in all honestly I'd crash lol but gentle walking an staying on my feet as long as possible has helped that's for sure!

So glad everyone's WL is going great !

I've been watching a lot of videos on Youtube, and I've gotta say, I like the idea of accountability for your actions!.....
    So watch this space :tongue: :wink: :blushing:

All My Love & Best Wishes :flowerforyou:

Eliza

xXx
  • ElizaPure
    Options
    OMG todays the day! Just had me bloods and ECG done just waiting for me slot now for Surgery!

Wish me luck lol I'm not nervous in the slightest, just excited!
  • annwyatt69
    Options
    Good luck! Keep us posted!
  • rubisliprz
    rubisliprz Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    wishing you the best
  • ElizaPure
    Options
    I'm home safe and sound Thank's Ladies xXx

I think I've over done it a tad so I'm now chilling out up stairs in bed :)

Off to church tomorrow so resting up till then :)

Hope your all well

All my love & best wishes

Eliza xXx
  • teresa7926
    teresa7926 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Glad to hear it went ok and you are home and resting (but not too much).
  • annwyatt69
    Options
    Glad everything went well. Which procedure did you have?
  • ElizaPure
    Options
    Though the road ahead is long and challenging, take the next step now.
    There is much to be done, and you can get it done by making good use of every day, of every moment !
  • ElizaPure
    Options
    20 minutes of walking done already this morning, house work's done ! Dam....................I FEEL GREAT !
  • ElizaPure
    Options
    Lap band babes :D xXx