Advice & Motivation Needed

Options
sgaindx
sgaindx Posts: 19 Member
Hi everyone,

I just finished week 4 and feel great and feel like I notice a difference. I initially lost about 4lbs within the first few days but that went back up and I am at my starting weight. Did anyone expeirence this also? I have read so many reviews and seen pictures of the results and was hoping I would have lost a little bit within the first 4 weeks.

Another question, I am travelling for a week and taking the workouts with me on my IPAD. I wont have readily access to weights but thought it would be a good idea to just do the workouts without weights and then repeat the week. Would people recommend repeating week 4 now or starting out week 5 and then repeating it with weights next week.

help and motivation needed, thanks everyone!

Replies

• kymkan
    kymkan Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    congrats for sticking with it and you will notice a difference - I promise! Are your macros set up the way that they should be (for you)?

I traveled once while on my first round and I ran on the treadmill in the hotel gym on cardio days and then did my workout without weights and repeated when I got home. I would suggest going ahead and doing week 5 while you're away and then repeat when you get home.

Good luck!! :)
  • sgaindx
    sgaindx Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Thank-you! What is macros? I am sticking to myfitnesspal to count my calories. I am allowing myself 1450 a day as I always sufferered from hunger pains when I was only allowing 1200. I do not account for workouts and add in calories. I stick to 1450 a day and on days where I double up my cardio because its a weekend and the weather is gorgeous I will add in extra credit for one of the workouts.
  • Lisalisaw4
    Lisalisaw4 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Go to the website iifym.com/iifym-calculator/ and take a look...MFP has you eating fewer proteins than you probably need for building muscle and too many carbs to lose weight. If you look around on MFP you'll see lots of people talking about changing their ratios of protein, carbs and fat away from the MFP recommendations. I personally try to stick to around 40% protein, 30% fat and 30% carbs....best of luck :)