She's moved on...

Options
momof2osaurus
momof2osaurus Posts: 477 Member
The CF Troll has added hassling people about eating paleo to her repertoire. What the heck??

Replies

• Leather_N_Lace
    Leather_N_Lace Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    All has been quiet here.... :) (knocking on wood)
  • momof2osaurus
    momof2osaurus Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    All has been quiet here.... :) (knocking on wood)

I got a message last night from her, I think because I posted on the Success board with my one-month Crossfit stats.
  • lilmissmanx
    lilmissmanx Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I don't feel loved, I've never had a message spanking me about crossfit OR paleo!
    I wouldn't give a monkeys about her theories on anything, but for novelty value i'd be kinda interested to read what her beef with paleo is, just for giggles!
  • Ichigo2012
    Ichigo2012 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Definitely got a message regarding Paleo. I responded with the intent to get some discourse going but never got a response. I really wonder about the psychology of people like this.
  • dirtybadgermtb
    dirtybadgermtb Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I have been out of the picture for a few months and have not experienced the CrossFit Troll. I am dying to know, what's the screen name?
  • bostonwolf
    bostonwolf Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options
    Her goal is not discourse, it is to lecture you on why you should not be doing CF or Paleo.

Don't waste your time responding to her privately. It will do no good and she will simply ignore facts that don't support her point.
  • Leather_N_Lace
    Leather_N_Lace Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    Does she have a new userid she is using?
  • AllanMisner
    AllanMisner Posts: 4,140 Member
    Options
    Health_Gal
  • GiddyupTim
    GiddyupTim Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    Shhhhhhhsh then! Don't let her know that my son and I made paleo burgers yesterday. Got the recipe from Boxlift mag. Was tasty! Very tasty: Bacon on top, avocado and tomato, wrapped in lettuce.
  • RivenV
    RivenV Posts: 1,667 Member
    Options
    I've now received two unique messages from this person (under her most current user name, already listed above). Did she forget she already tried to pass on her dogma to me or what?
  • Ichigo2012
    Ichigo2012 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    For some reason I'm sad for her. She's spending a tremendous amount of energy on this, there really seems to be some mental health issue here.
  • bostonwolf
    Options
    ^Agree 100%. I have called her on many occassions The Queen of Free Time.
  • 1PatientBear
    1PatientBear Posts: 2,089 Member
    Options
    As soon as I joined this group, I got a PM from her advising me against CrossFit. I not-so-politely thanked her for the unsolicited and unwanted advice and reminded her that I'm an adult and can make my own decisions. She just needs to mind her own damn business.
  • leanna1120
    leanna1120 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I'm new to the group and I received a VERY long message after I posted about being sore! Didn't realize this was a persistent friend:)
  • Ceffy
    Ceffy Posts: 235
    Options
    I was special enough to get one this morning, my response

"Sorry to hear you've had a bad experience with crossfit.

I assume that's the case and you have some real substance to your concerns rather than approaching someone who has been practising the discipline for a year with no issues, in fact having it resolve health issues.

It must be the case that you've done a class, or multiples and experienced a negative, I assume, as it would be ridiculous to send such a message just jumping on the crossfit hate bandwagon!

I do not class myself as a fanatic, I think that with any sport there are potential dangers but I have a fantastic coach who has developed my strength, fitness and health through this multifaceted discipline.

May I suggest that the reason you get negative responses is that for someone who actively and safely practices crossfit you seem like an uneducated fool who has been selective in their research?

I'd appreciate it if you used this site for what it's meant for, positive encouragement and support :)"
  • bostonwolf
    Options
    I'm new to the group and I received a VERY long message after I posted about being sore! Didn't realize this was a persistent friend:)

Should be a button to block her in your inbox. The more of us who block her, the more quickly she will be forced to change names again. Which is always a musing.
  • sayhitostephz
    sayhitostephz Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I just joined this group, but got a message from her for posting about CF on a different board entirely. Wow, she is creepy...
  • Ceffy
    Ceffy Posts: 235
    Options
    Heh
    I just received the same message again.

*takes on the ignore the poor deluded soul* approach!
  • sayhitostephz
    sayhitostephz Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Not sure if it was joining this group or commenting here, but I just got another message from her. The exact same one she sent to me 6 days ago... wow.
  • Tobi1013
    Tobi1013 Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    Forward her emails to Olivia and block her. She has been reported multiple times, but it does not hurt to continue to do so.